I, YHWH, the first, and the last, I am He.

God's Truth

Psalm 22:16; Zechariah 12:10 and Galatians 3:13 also predicts that this man's hands and feet will be pierced, i.e., He will be crucified.

God's Truth

His own people, the Jews, will reject Him and the Gentiles will believe in Him. See Isaiah 8:14; 28:16; 49:6; 50:6; 52:53; 60:3; Psalms 22:7,8; 118:22. There will be a forerunner for Him, see Isaiah 40:3; Malachi 3:1, a voice in the wilderness, one preparing the way before the Lord, John the baptizer.

God's Truth

Zechariah 11:11-13; Psalm 41, Jeremiah 32:6-15, and Matthew 27:3-10 indicates the Messiah will be betrayed, by a friend, for thirty pieces, of silver, that will be cast onto the floor, of the Temple, and used to buy a potter's field.

chair

Oh, that's right, Jews created the language... God had nothing to do with it. :rotfl:

Totally irrelevant. The language,ד ערשצצשר requires the use of את , irrespective of what the source of the language is.

וַיִּפְתַּח יְהוָה, אֶת-פִּי הָאָתוֹן; וַתֹּאמֶר לְבִלְעָם, מֶה-עָשִׂיתִי לְךָ, כִּי הִכִּיתַנִי, זֶה שָׁלֹשׁ רְגָלִים.

Numbers 22:28
Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

Your magic word Aleph Tav did not turn a donkey into God.

Elia

Thus says the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel and its Holy One,
To the despised One,
To the One abhorred by the nation,
To the Servant of rulers,

[yet future]
“Kings will see and arise,
Princes will also bow down,
Because of the LORD who is faithful,
the Holy One of Israel who has chosen You[Israel].”

Bs"d

Who is the Holy One of Israel?

"For thus says Y-H-W-H God, the Holy One of Israel: In returning and rest you shall be saved;"
Isaiah 30:15

"For I am Y-H-W-H your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place."
Isaiah 43:3

"Thus says Y-H-W-H, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “For your sake I will send to Babylon, And bring them all down as fugitives —The Chaldeans, who rejoice in their ships."
Isaiah 43:14

"I am Y-H-W-H, your Holy One, The Creator of Israel, your King.”
Isaiah 43:15

"And it shall come to pass in that day That the remnant of Israel, And such as have escaped of the house of Jacob, Will never again depend on him who defeated them, But will depend on Y-H-W-H, the Holy One of Israel, in truth."
Isaiah 10:20

The Holy One of Israel is Y-H-W-H.

Elia

וְשָׁפַכְתִּי עַל־בֵּית דָּוִיד וְעַל יֹושֵׁב יְרוּשָׁלִַם רוּחַ חֵן וְתַחֲנוּנִים וְהִבִּיטוּ אֵלַי אֵת אֲשֶׁר־דָּקָרוּ וְסָפְדוּ עָלָיו כְּמִסְפֵּד עַל־הַיָּחִיד וְהָמֵר עָלָיו כְּהָמֵר עַֽל־הַבְּכֹֽור׃

“I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on [אֵת]> Me whom they have pierced;
and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn."
- Zechariah 12:10

Bs"d

https://sites.google.com/site/777mountzion/et-asher-eng

Elia

Zechariah 11:11-13; Psalm 41, Jeremiah 32:6-15, and Matthew 27:3-10 indicates the Messiah will be betrayed, by a friend, for thirty pieces, of silver, that will be cast onto the floor, of the Temple, and used to buy a potter's field.

Bs"d

The Christian claim: The betraying of JC for 30 pieces of silver prophesied in Zachariah

Zech 11:12 "I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. 13 And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter."

Alleged fulfillment: Matthew 26:14-15 "Then one of the twelve, who is called Judas Iscariot, having gone unto the chief priests, said, `What are ye willing to give me, and I will deliver him up to you?' and they weighed out to him thirty silverlings,"

Matthew 27:5 "So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. 6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, "It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money." 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

And now the facts.
As we see in Zechariah, there is no messiah to be seen who is being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver. And no potters fields are being bought in Zechariah.
As a matter of fact, in all of this text in Zechariah is no potter to be found.

No potter to be found?

No potter to be found.

The above translation of Zechariah 11:12 is from the New International Version. It says that Zechariah threw the money to the "potter" in the Temple.
In the Hebrew is written "yotseer". That can mean "potter", but it can also mean "treasurer".
In the Temple weren't any potters sitting around. Who was sitting there, was a treasurer, who accepted the gifts for the Temple.
So Zechariah doesn't speak about a potter, but about a treasurer.
This fact is recognized by the Revised Standard Version, it says here "treasurer" in stead of "potter".
Also Youngs Literal Translation says here "treasurer", and also the Contemporary English Version says here "treasury".
The Stone Edition of the Tanach says: "HASHEM (literally: "The Name) said to me, "Throw it to the treasurer of the Precious Stronghold which I have divested from them". So I threw it into the Temple of HASHEM, to the treasurer."

Also the New World Translation of the Watch Tower Society gives a good translation: At that, J-e-h-o-v-a-h said to me: “Throw it to the treasury—the majestic value with which I have been valued from their standpoint.” Accordingly I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw it into the treasury at the house of J-e-h-o-v-a-h."
So what we see here, is that there is no "potter" in Zechariah, and that the whole NT story about buying land of a potter has no bearing whatsoever on the text in Zechariah.

Also we have here a clear proof that the NT text is so orchestrated that it looks as if it fulfills OT prophecies. But because of the fact that they make here another mistake in the translation, the set up is clear to see for everybody.

And there is more. Look again to Matthew 27 and see what the Christians won't tell you: "9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

So here we see that Matthew claims that this text comes from Jeremiah, when in truth, it comes from Zechariah.
Another slip up of the New Testament which is supposedly divinely inspired.

Matthew was not capable of naming the right prophet.
And this is supposed to "proof" that JC is the messiah.

Well, with friends like Matthew, you don't need enemies anymore.

Elia

Psalm 22:16; also predicts that this man's hands and feet will be pierced, i.e., He will be crucified.

Bs"d

Zechariah 12:10 also predicts that this man's hands and feet will be pierced, i.e., He will be crucified.

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1+2

And what do the Christians do? They worship a carpenter that died 2000 years ago.

And that's why they are idol worshippers.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

beameup

Bs"d

The Christian claim: The betraying of JC for 30 pieces of silver prophesied in Zachariah

Zech 11:12 "I told them, "If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it." So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. 13 And the LORD said to me, "Throw it to the potter"-the handsome price at which they priced me! So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter."

Alleged fulfillment: Matthew 26:14-15 "Then one of the twelve, who is called Judas Iscariot, having gone unto the chief priests, said, `What are ye willing to give me, and I will deliver him up to you?' and they weighed out to him thirty silverlings,"

Matthew 27:5 "So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself. 6 The chief priests picked up the coins and said, "It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money." 7 So they decided to use the money to buy the potter's field as a burial place for foreigners. 8 That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day. 9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

And now the facts.
As we see in Zechariah, there is no messiah to be seen who is being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver. And no potters fields are being bought in Zechariah.
As a matter of fact, in all of this text in Zechariah is no potter to be found.

No potter to be found?

No potter to be found.

The above translation of Zechariah 11:12 is from the New International Version. It says that Zechariah threw the money to the "potter" in the Temple.
In the Hebrew is written "yotseer". That can mean "potter", but it can also mean "treasurer".
In the Temple weren't any potters sitting around. Who was sitting there, was a treasurer, who accepted the gifts for the Temple.
So Zechariah doesn't speak about a potter, but about a treasurer.
This fact is recognized by the Revised Standard Version, it says here "treasurer" in stead of "potter".
Also Youngs Literal Translation says here "treasurer", and also the Contemporary English Version says here "treasury".
The Stone Edition of the Tanach says: "HASHEM (literally: "The Name) said to me, "Throw it to the treasurer of the Precious Stronghold which I have divested from them". So I threw it into the Temple of HASHEM, to the treasurer."

Also the New World Translation of the Watch Tower Society gives a good translation: At that, J-e-h-o-v-a-h said to me: “Throw it to the treasury—the majestic value with which I have been valued from their standpoint.” Accordingly I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw it into the treasury at the house of J-e-h-o-v-a-h."
So what we see here, is that there is no "potter" in Zechariah, and that the whole NT story about buying land of a potter has no bearing whatsoever on the text in Zechariah.

Also we have here a clear proof that the NT text is so orchestrated that it looks as if it fulfills OT prophecies. But because of the fact that they make here another mistake in the translation, the set up is clear to see for everybody.

And there is more. Look again to Matthew 27 and see what the Christians won't tell you: "9 Then what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty silver coins, the price set on him by the people of Israel, 10 and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the Lord commanded me."

So here we see that Matthew claims that this text comes from Jeremiah, when in truth, it comes from Zechariah.
Another slip up of the New Testament which is supposedly divinely inspired.

Matthew was not capable of naming the right prophet.
And this is supposed to "proof" that JC is the messiah.

Well, with friends like Matthew, you don't need enemies anymore.

So, you are saying that the "Temple" had become so corrupt that they gladly accepted "blood-money".
Surely that is why HaShem totally destroyed that corrupt "Temple" so that no sign of it remained.

beameup

Totally irrelevant. The language,ד ערשצצשר requires the use of את , irrespective of what the source of the language is.

וַיִּפְתַּח יְהוָה, אֶת-פִּי הָאָתוֹן; וַתֹּאמֶר לְבִלְעָם, מֶה-עָשִׂיתִי לְךָ, כִּי הִכִּיתַנִי, זֶה שָׁלֹשׁ רְגָלִים.

Numbers 22:28
Then the Lord opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?”

Your magic word Aleph Tav did not turn a donkey into God.

אֶת־פִּי ?
Epic fail.
No used in the same way as previously illustrated.

chair

אֶת־פִּי ?
Epic fail.
No used in the same way as previously illustrated.

There is an epic fail here. It is your ignorance of Hebrew. You apparently think the hyphen makes this into one word.

The magic word אֶת appears thousands of times in the Bible. As it does in Hebrew newspapers.

try Exodus 14, as a random example. Just the first 13 verses. The word is used in conjunction with everything from Israel to Egypt to chariots...

א וַיְדַבֵּר יְהוָה, אֶל-מֹשֶׁה לֵּאמֹר. ב דַּבֵּר, אֶל-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, וְיָשֻׁבוּ וְיַחֲנוּ לִפְנֵי פִּי הַחִירֹת, בֵּין מִגְדֹּל וּבֵין הַיָּם: לִפְנֵי בַּעַל צְפֹן, נִכְחוֹ תַחֲנוּ עַל-הַיָּם. ג וְאָמַר פַּרְעֹה לִבְנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, נְבֻכִים הֵם בָּאָרֶץ; סָגַר עֲלֵיהֶם, הַמִּדְבָּר. ד וְחִזַּקְתִּי אֶת-לֵב-פַּרְעֹה, וְרָדַף אַחֲרֵיהֶם, וְאִכָּבְדָה בְּפַרְעֹה וּבְכָל-חֵילוֹ, וְיָדְעוּ מִצְרַיִם כִּי-אֲנִי יְהוָה; וַיַּעֲשׂוּ-כֵן. ה וַיֻּגַּד לְמֶלֶךְ מִצְרַיִם, כִּי בָרַח הָעָם; וַיֵּהָפֵךְ לְבַב פַּרְעֹה וַעֲבָדָיו, אֶל-הָעָם, וַיֹּאמְרוּ מַה-זֹּאת עָשִׂינוּ, כִּי-שִׁלַּחְנוּ אֶת-יִשְׂרָאֵל מֵעָבְדֵנוּ. ו וַיֶּאְסֹר, אֶת-רִכְבּוֹ; וְאֶת-עַמּוֹ, לָקַח עִמּוֹ. ז וַיִּקַּח, שֵׁשׁ-מֵאוֹת רֶכֶב בָּחוּר, וְכֹל, רֶכֶב מִצְרָיִם; וְשָׁלִשִׁם, עַל-כֻּלּוֹ. ח וַיְחַזֵּק יְהוָה, אֶת-לֵב פַּרְעֹה מֶלֶךְ מִצְרַיִם, וַיִּרְדֹּף, אַחֲרֵי בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל; וּבְנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, יֹצְאִים בְּיָד רָמָה. ט וַיִּרְדְּפוּ מִצְרַיִם אַחֲרֵיהֶם, וַיַּשִּׂיגוּ אוֹתָם חֹנִים עַל-הַיָּם, כָּל-סוּס רֶכֶב פַּרְעֹה, וּפָרָשָׁיו וְחֵילוֹ--עַל-פִּי, הַחִירֹת, לִפְנֵי, בַּעַל צְפֹן. י וּפַרְעֹה, הִקְרִיב; וַיִּשְׂאוּ בְנֵי-יִשְׂרָאֵל אֶת-עֵינֵיהֶם וְהִנֵּה מִצְרַיִם נֹסֵעַ אַחֲרֵיהֶם, וַיִּירְאוּ מְאֹד, וַיִּצְעֲקוּ בְנֵי-יִשְׂרָאֵל, אֶל-יְהוָה. יא וַיֹּאמְרוּ, אֶל-מֹשֶׁה, הֲמִבְּלִי אֵין-קְבָרִים בְּמִצְרַיִם, לְקַחְתָּנוּ לָמוּת בַּמִּדְבָּר: מַה-זֹּאת עָשִׂיתָ לָּנוּ, לְהוֹצִיאָנוּ מִמִּצְרָיִם. יב הֲלֹא-זֶה הַדָּבָר, אֲשֶׁר דִּבַּרְנוּ אֵלֶיךָ בְמִצְרַיִם לֵאמֹר, חֲדַל מִמֶּנּוּ, וְנַעַבְדָה אֶת-מִצְרָיִם: כִּי טוֹב לָנוּ עֲבֹד אֶת-מִצְרַיִם, מִמֻּתֵנוּ בַּמִּדְבָּר. יג וַיֹּאמֶר מֹשֶׁה אֶל-הָעָם, אַל-תִּירָאוּ--הִתְיַצְּבוּ וּרְאוּ אֶת-יְשׁוּעַת יְהוָה, אֲשֶׁר-יַעֲשֶׂה לָכֶם הַיּוֹם: כִּי, אֲשֶׁר רְאִיתֶם אֶת-מִצְרַיִם הַיּוֹם--לֹא תֹסִפוּ לִרְאֹתָם עוֹד, עַד-עוֹלָם. יד יְהוָה, יִלָּחֵם לָכֶם; וְאַתֶּם, תַּחֲרִשׁוּן. {פ}

beameup

There is an epic fail here. It is your ignorance of Hebrew. You apparently think the hyphen makes this into one word.

FYI, there is a complete (ie: entire) Tanakh in English which has the Aleph-Tav inserted into the text, as it is "untranslated" otherwise. However, I believe there are certain consistent "conditions" (rules?) involved in the usage.
Another "rabbit trail"? Only YHWH knows for sure? :sherlock: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

chair

FYI, there is a complete (ie: entire) Tanakh in English which has the Aleph-Tav inserted into the text, as it is "untranslated" otherwise. However, I believe there are certain consistent "conditions" (rules?) involved in the usage.
Another "rabbit trail"? Only YHWH knows for sure? :sherlock: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is very simple grammatical matter. If you knew Hebrew, this whole thread would never have been started.

chair

It's got nothing to do with grammar. (first clue is free) :sherlock: >>>>>>>>>>>>

You are saying this based on what?

Here, let's get educataed.:

The word את [et] is the most frequent word in Hebrew . It constitutes over 2% of the words in any text – making it more than twice as frequent as the next word on the list. And it doesn’t even mean anything. That is, it is a structural word that tells us something about the grammar of the sentence. The word את comes before a definite object. It has no equivalent in the English language – and therefore is difficult to translate.

Jerry Shugart

Who has performed and done this,
calling the generations from the beginning?
I, the LORD
[YHWH], the first,
and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 41:4 ESV

Yes, and that is exactly how the Lord Jesus describes Himself:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last"
(Rev.22:12-13).​

The Apostles John knew that these words were the words of the Lord Jesus according to what he said later:

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus"
(Rev.22:20).​

There can only be One who can be described as the first and the last and that is JHWH. Therefore, we can know with certainity that the Lord Jesus is JHWH.

beameup

You are saying this based on what?

Here, let's get educataed.:

The word את [et] is the most frequent word in Hebrew . It constitutes over 2% of the words in any text – making it more than twice as frequent as the next word on the list. And it doesn’t even mean anything. That is, it is a structural word that tells us something about the grammar of the sentence. The word את comes before a definite object. It has no equivalent in the English language – and therefore is difficult to translate.

It might be of assistance to go back to the original pictograph Hebrew.
I suspect that the language goes a bit "deeper" than the modern Hebrew.