I, YHWH, the first, and the last, I am He.

God's Truth

So, what, you're a binitarian :idunno:

It falls apart under scrutiny. It's simply a refusal to acknowledge the inevitable after seeing all the evidence.

There are three and the three are one and the same.

Do you believe God the Father is Spirit?

Do you believe that Jesus is Spirit?

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit is Spirit?

They must be the same ONE AND ONLY Spirit because the scriptures say that is only One Spirit.

So do you see it now?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
My "impotent God" is the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob. The God of the Exodus. And the God of Jesus.

Here is what the NT says about that: "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus whom you delivered up and denied in the presence of Pilate when he was determined to let Him go."

The Father did the works through Jesus his Servant and his Son.

Elia

There are three and the three are one and the same.

Do you believe God the Father is Spirit?

Do you believe that Jesus is Spirit?

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit is Spirit?

They must be the same ONE AND ONLY Spirit because the scriptures say that is only One Spirit.

So do you see it now?

Bs"d

Three is not one, and one is not three.

There is only one God who IS one, and that is Y-H-W-H, and besides Him there is no god.

“This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no god.
Isaiah 44:6

chair

:mock:
You told us what the role of the go'el is... and you "know Hebrew".
Still haven't bothered to actually read the story- have you?
FYI: I currently live in Israel, and I started learning Hebrew in first grade.

beameup

It might be of assistance to actually learn Hebrew, for starters.
Rabbi Akiva might have a thing-or-two to say about the subject of the Aleph-Tav...
that is, unless it too was hidden during the "cover-up" performed in the first century.

beameup

Still haven't bothered to actually read the story- have you?
FYI: I currently live in Israel, and I started learning Hebrew in first grade.

I read the entire Tanakh 50 yrs ago.
Re-read my OP on the subject of Go'el.

chair

It seems that you have forgotten some parts. All I suggested was that you read then relevant part in Ruth again. I guess you are too arrogant or lazy to bother. So here, from Ruth chapter 4:
4 Meanwhile Boaz went up to the town gate and sat down there just as the guardian-redeemer[a] he had mentioned came along. Boaz said, “Come over here, my friend, and sit down.” So he went over and sat down.

2 Boaz took ten of the elders of the town and said, “Sit here,” and they did so. 3 Then he said to the guardian-redeemer, “Naomi, who has come back from Moab, is selling the piece of land that belonged to our relative Elimelek. 4 I thought I should bring the matter to your attention and suggest that you buy it in the presence of these seated here and in the presence of the elders of my people. If you will redeem it, do so. But if you will not, tell me, so I will know. For no one has the right to do it except you, and I am next in line.”

“I will redeem it,” he said.

5 Then Boaz said, “On the day you buy the land from Naomi, you also acquire Ruth the Moabite, the[c] dead man’s widow, in order to maintain the name of the dead with his property.”

6 At this, the guardian-redeemer said, “Then I cannot redeem it because I might endanger my own estate. You redeem it yourself. I cannot do it.”

7 (Now in earlier times in Israel, for the redemption and transfer of property to become final, one party took off his sandal and gave it to the other. This was the method of legalizing transactions in Israel.)

8 So the guardian-redeemer said to Boaz, “Buy it yourself.” And he removed his sandal.

9 Then Boaz announced to the elders and all the people, “Today you are witnesses that I have bought from Naomi all the property of Elimelek, Kilion and Mahlon. 10 I have also acquired Ruth the Moabite, Mahlon’s widow, as my wife, in order to maintain the name of the dead with his property, so that his name will not disappear from among his family or from his hometown. Today you are witnesses!”

So your statement below is not correct:
Like when go'el Boaz "purchased" (redeemed) a piece of land called Ruth?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Three is not one, and one is not three.

There is only one God who IS one, and that is Y-H-W-H, and besides Him there is no god.

You've been ousted by Western philosophy- the Jews weren't infallible to interpretation.
Your statement is really just a refusal to understand anything further than a rudimentary concept.

beameup

It seems that you have forgotten some parts. All I suggested was that you read then relevant part in Ruth again. I guess you are too arrogant or lazy to bother. So here, from Ruth chapter 4:
4 Meanwhile Boaz went up to the town gate and sat down there just as the guardian-redeemer[a] he had mentioned came along. Boaz said, “Come over here, my friend, and sit down.” So he went over and sat down.

2 Boaz took ten of the elders of the town and said, “Sit here,” and they did so. 3 Then he said to the guardian-redeemer, “Naomi, who has come back from Moab, is selling the piece of land that belonged to our relative Elimelek. 4 I thought I should bring the matter to your attention and suggest that you buy it in the presence of these seated here and in the presence of the elders of my people. If you will redeem it, do so. But if you will not, tell me, so I will know. For no one has the right to do it except you, and I am next in line.”

“I will redeem it,” he said.

5 Then Boaz said, “On the day you buy the land from Naomi, you also acquire Ruth the Moabite, the[c] dead man’s widow, in order to maintain the name of the dead with his property.”

6 At this, the guardian-redeemer said, “Then I cannot redeem it because I might endanger my own estate. You redeem it yourself. I cannot do it.”

7 (Now in earlier times in Israel, for the redemption and transfer of property to become final, one party took off his sandal and gave it to the other. This was the method of legalizing transactions in Israel.)

8 So the guardian-redeemer said to Boaz, “Buy it yourself.” And he removed his sandal.

9 Then Boaz announced to the elders and all the people, “Today you are witnesses that I have bought from Naomi all the property of Elimelek, Kilion and Mahlon. 10 I have also acquired Ruth the Moabite, Mahlon’s widow, as my wife, in order to maintain the name of the dead with his property, so that his name will not disappear from among his family or from his hometown. Today you are witnesses!”

So your statement below is not correct:

So, just what "stimulated" :rotfl: Boaz to suddenly want a piece of land?
Your "translation" leaves a lot to be desired. It's a love-story about redemption of a destitute Gentile! I "personalize" the story.
The entire Tanakh has a thread running through it of man sinning and his eventual salvation (ie: redemption) by G_d. It's just that simple. It's not about "a piece of land".

Last edited:

Elia

Bs"d

Did you read the Tanach or a translation of it?

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

Elia

You've been ousted by Western philosophy- the Jews weren't infallible to interpretation.
Your statement is really just a refusal to understand anything further than a rudimentary concept.

Bs"d

I KNOW that a "God the Father" and a "god the son" is TWO (2) gods, and not one.

I also know that Christians try to get around this fact by saying idiocy like "1 + 1 + 1 = 1" and other nonsense, but for everybody with two working brain cells it is clear that Christianity = polytheism = idolatry.

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1+2

beameup

Bs"d

Did you read the Tanach or a translation of it?

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book [Tanakh] that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
Isaiah 29:11,10

To understand a spiritual book, you need to be spiritually alive.

marhig

Most Bible use all Capital "LORD" for the Father the God, and Jesus is "Lord".

And some Bible use the word "YHWH" for "LORD" the Father God.

most mainstream Christians don't know the difference, it seems.
Yes that's true, I've noticed that too. And then there's this, definitely two lords here!

Matthew 22

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him,The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?.And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Christ Jesus is clearly Lord, and God the father is LORD

There is only one God not three, and no three in one! One God and he's the father!

chair

So, just what "stimulated" :rotfl: Boaz to suddenly want a piece of land?
Your "translation" leaves a lot to be desired. It's a love-story about redemption of a destitute Gentile! I "personalize" the story.

It is not my translation. NIV, I think. Check others if you like.

The part of the story where Boaz redeems Naomi's land is a legal story. It is part of a legal discussion that takes place before the elders of the city at the city gate. Redemption in this context is not part of a love story.

The entire Tanakh has a thread running through it of man sinning and his eventual salvation (ie: redemption) by G_d. It's just that simple. It's not about "a piece of land".

Israel's redemption by God is not the same as redemption of a piece of land by a human. You are being deliberately absurd in an effort to shore up your theology. Even in English words have slightly different meanings in different contexts. A goalie can "save" a goal. Does that mean that God is a hockey player if he saves someone?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

I KNOW that a "God the Father" and a "god the son" is TWO (2) gods, and not one.

I also know that Christians try to get around this fact by saying idiocy like "1 + 1 + 1 = 1" and other nonsense, but for everybody with two working brain cells it is clear that Christianity = polytheism = idolatry.

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME
."

Ex 20:1+2

I said WESTERN PHILOSOPHY- not what some laymen people say.

The Trinity is the crown jewel of Western thought, you should try reading up on it sometime.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Woe to western thought, and woe to all crown jewels.

You need to know that many Christians are non-trin. And they don't take side with any country and engage in war against them. Jesus says to love your enemy.

But the majority is Trinitarians.