How the Gospel Interprets the Bible

God's Truth

Here is what your sense, gt, is telling me: Place yourself UNDER law so you, lifeisgood, can be found guilty.

Here is what MY sense is telling me. lifeisgood, run away from gt's teaching; place your faith in Who Jesus is and What He did on the Cross of Calvary so that you can be found not guilty for Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

You, gt, have no idea of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the life of a BEliever.

You are guilty of believing and preaching falseness and going against preaching obedience to Christ.

God's Truth

From the Who Jesus is and What Jesus did at the Cross of Calvary which provides the believer the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus preached how to receive the Holy Spirit before he died.

Nowhere anywhere does he say what you say.

Read and believe what Jesus says how to receive the Holy Spirit.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

There are many more.

God's Truth

You can laugh your head off if you want, but being UNDER law will bring me nothing but condemnation. And I am not talking about habitually sinning.

Your favorite apostle tells you and me that if we place ourselves UNDER the law and we fail in JUST ONE POINT, the LAW will condemn us for the law does not provide mercy. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Total and complete faith in Who Jesus is and What Jesus did at the Cross of Calvary is the ONLY work that provides MERCY.

Unfortunately, while the world has ever been trying to create another god.

The church has ever been trying to create another sacrifice (that is you, gt). You want to change the perfect sacrifice with YOUR OBEDIENCE, which God cannot and will not accept.

There is only one Sacrifice for sin [Heb. 10:12]. And it ain't your obedience, gt.

As a preacher said a long time ago:
The world does not know how lost it is, and the Church does not know how saved it is.

You have no understanding of the scriptures.

You think Paul tells us not to obey?

Paul says offer your bodies as living sacrifices.

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.

God's Truth

Our faith in Who Jesus is and What Jesus did does not give us license to sin but VICTORY OVER sin.

Who Jesus is and What Jesus did (which true pastors call the double cure):
- afforded us not only VICTORY of the PENALTY of sin
but also
- afforded us the VICTORY from the POWER of sin.

The Holy Spirit will bring us to the place where sin does NOT have dominion over us.

The Holy Spirit does that by OUR OBEYING HIM.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus preached how to receive the Holy Spirit before he died.

Nowhere anywhere does he say what you say.

Read and believe what Jesus says how to receive the Holy Spirit.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

There are many more.

The teachings of Jesus should cause you get under the umbrella of grace. Only a fool would think that they can do or keep the teachings of Jesus.

God's Truth

I am not a Calvinist, but hey, you can think whatever you want.
I am a Christian though.

You are preaching to place people UNDER LAW which condemns them for law only provides condemnation.

Satan has no power over one who is cleansed, washed, made whiter than snow by Who Jesus is and What Jesus did at the Cross of Calvary.

You have no idea of the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the life of the BEliever.

You are a Calvinist. You belong to a Protestant church and you say the things NOT taught by God, but taught by men who were taught by John Calvin.

God's Truth

The teachings of Jesus should cause you get under the umbrella of grace. Only a fool would think that they can do or keep the teachings of Jesus.

You just don't see how evil it is what you say.

You preach against obeying Jesus and you think you are doing right.

God's Truth

I have never asked you ever if you obey or not. Being that you so vociferously proclaim that you OBEY it is only prudent to ask what you obey and then hearing that you DENY that you obey, it it only prudent every tiem you proclaim you OBEY to question you, however, I have never asked you if you obey or not.

You keep asking me if I obey and what I obey.

Just listen how you try to get out of speaking the truth.

lifeisgood

You have no understanding of the scriptures.

You think Paul tells us not to obey?

Paul says offer your bodies as living sacrifices.

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.

This only shows that you have NO understanding of the MINISTRY of the Holy Spirit in the life of a BEliever.

lifeisgood

The Holy Spirit does that by OUR OBEYING HIM.

No! No! No!

Our faith in Who Jesus is and What Jesus did does not give us license to sin but VICTORY OVER sin BECAUSE of the MINISTRY of the HOLY SPIRIT, which, you, gt, totally and completely have no understanding of.

but also

The Holy Spirit will bring us to the place where sin does NOT have dominion over us

God's Truth

Correct.

James 2:24 - The right kind of faith will produce the right kind of works BUT we are SAVED by FAITH ALONE in Jesus Christ and His vicarious, finished/completed, perfect work on the Cross of Calvary.

James 2:10 - For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking ALL of it. (That's that ALL again)

If you obey and do not murder your neighbor, are you obeying the ROYAL LAW of love your neighbor? Yes or no.

If you obey and do not bear false witness against your neighbor, are you obeying the Royal Law of love your neighbor? Yes or no.

If you obey and do not commit adultery with your neighbor's husband, are you obeying the Royal Law of love your neighbor? Yes or no.

If you fail and break the law by stealing from your neighbor, are you obeying the Royal Law of love your neighbor? Yes or no.

God's Truth

Lifeisgood, you don't understand what James is saying.

Jesus says the whole law and the prophets are fulfilled in loving your neighbor.

Paul says love is doing no harm to your neighbor.

God's Truth

No! No! No!

Our faith in Who Jesus is and What Jesus did does not give us license to sin but VICTORY OVER sin BECAUSE of the MINISTRY of the HOLY SPIRIT, which, you, gt, totally and completely have no understanding of.

but also

The Holy Spirit will bring us to the place where sin does NOT have dominion over us

Jesus tells us how to receive the Holy Spirit, and it has to do with getting his teachings and obeying them.

I could give you many scriptures proving it but I already gave you a powerful one and you ignore it.

lifeisgood

Lifeisgood, you don't understand what James is saying.

The ONLY one who does not understand James is you, gt.

Jesus says the whole law and the prophets are fulfilled in loving your neighbor.

So, you're, gt, are saying that Jesus is saying that you can fulfill the law and the prophets by loving your neighbor. What nonsense Bible are you reading from?

Paul says love is doing no harm to your neighbor.

:doh: No Christian is going to do harm to his neighbor (Christian or not).

lifeisgood

Jesus tells us how to receive the Holy Spirit, and it has to do with getting his teachings and obeying them.

I could give you many scriptures proving it but I already gave you a powerful one and you ignore it.

I'll say it one more time, YOU, gt, have NO understanding of the MINISTRY of the Holy Spirit in the life of a BEliever.