HOW SERIOUS ARE DOCTRINAL ERRORS?

nikolai_42

The Jews who rejected Jesus' blood cleaning them, those Jews wanted to keep cleaning themselves the way Moses intructed.

When you read Paul saying not of by works but by faith, it is ABOUT CLEANING works versus just having faith that Jesus' blood cleans you, cleans you of the sins you repent of doing.

Paul is NOT saying faith without obeying God.

Jesus says why do you call me Lord and do not do what I say.

Jesus says only those who obey.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Did you read those scriptures?

People think Paul is saying all we have to do is say Jesus is Lord and believe. Paul is not saying that we can call Jesus Lord and not obey! We are to obey the one we call Lord. You can't say someone is your Lord and not obey. Peter and James heard of that ludicrous teaching and misunderstanding of Paul. James call the people foolish, and Peter calls them unstable and ignorant, for who would think that God is saying people are condemned for obeying Him?

See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24. See also 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

Nowhere did I say anything against obeying. But to make that the foundation is to miss the whole problem. Our problem is not one of disobedience as much as it is one of autonomy. We don't want to submit to God. We don't want to have someone else run our lives. So, yes. Obedience is a part of that. But we don't find salvation through obedience - we find obedience through salvation. If it were simply a matter of obedience first, then a (another?) Law would have been sufficient to save. But it wasn't. It couldn't be. Jesus didn't come that we might have obedience, but life. Christ's life is the end of "me" and "mine" and "my obedience".

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 2:16-21

God's Truth

Nowhere did I say anything against obeying.

When you say no one can obey until they are saved, then you are speaking against obeying.

Jesus says do this and do that if you want to be saved.

Calvinists say, "No, I cannot; save me first".

Calvinists teach that no one can obey until they are saved.

You then hinder people from getting saved when you preach things like that.

God's Truth

But to make that the foundation is to miss the whole problem.
God’s words matter. Jesus IS the Word of God.

Nowhere anywhere does God say we cannot believe and obey after learning of Him; in fact, it is the way we come to believe and obey.

Our problem is not one of disobedience as much as it is one of autonomy. We don't want to submit to God. We don't want to have someone else run our lives. So, yes. Obedience is a part of that. But we don't find salvation through obedience - we find obedience through salvation.

That is not what Jesus says. Jesus says no one can enter unless...Jesus says you will not be forgiven unless...Jesus tells us what we have to do to get saved. He is the way and he tells us how to get in him and to the Father.

If it were simply a matter of obedience first, then a (another?) Law would have been sufficient to save. But it wasn't.
That is not true, for the law could not make one clean once and for all. The law could not reconcile us to God. The blood of animals were just a teaching tool, a shadow of Jesus Christ.

It couldn't be. Jesus didn't come that we might have obedience, but life. Christ's life is the end of "me" and "mine" and "my obedience".
Jesus’ words are life, and there is no way anyone can have that life unless they obey the words that give life.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

We have to believe, have faith that Jesus’ blood cleans us of the sins we repent of doing, for if you do not repent, then what is that faith alone? We are told that faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Galatians 2:16-21
That is about the righteous purification works of the old law. Paul is explaining that the purification works did not take away guilt.

ClimateSanity

You are an insult to all that is true, holy and just. You have the stench of hell. Others that tiptoe around trying not to offend will be cast into outer darkness with you. You will not stand at the judgement and say that I didn't warn you. Or that I gave an uncertain message.

Repent and trust or burn.
She certainly does have the stench of hell

ClimateSanity

Jesus came to teach the guidelines for the new covenant. The new covenant is about grace, it is about being reconciled to God, it is about receiving the Spirit of God, and being put in God.

Jesus came and gave the guidelines for the new covenant, and he tells us exactly what to do to be saved.

He tells us exactly what to do to have the kind of heart that he lives in.

Again, Jesus tells us what we have to do to receive the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Helper of those God choose to save, and those are the people who believe and obey.

God does not give the Holy Spirit and regenerate unbelievers.

I can prove easily to you that what you just said is not from God.

Prove it to yourself, prove it by giving one scripture that says or shows God saving unbelievers.

It is not there.

Trusting Jesus' words is never ever wrong.

Jesus tells us what to do, and if you do it, you will be blessed.
You twisted every verse be brought up. You are worse than a demon.

popsthebuilder

You are an insult to all that is true, holy and just. You have the stench of hell. Others that tiptoe around trying not to offend will be cast into outer darkness with you. You will not stand at the judgement and say that I didn't warn you. Or that I gave an uncertain message.

Repent and trust or burn.
You should be worried about your own salvation; aren't you the one who openly makes GOD out to be evil? Pretty sure that's the only unforgiven sin.

She doesn't blaspheme; and none care about your pretend condemnation. You should really heed your own words.....beam..... splinter....

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Lon

When you say no one can obey until they are saved, then you are speaking against obeying.
1 Corinthians 2:14 Romans 8:8 2 Corinthians 5:17
Jesus says do this and do that if you want to be saved.

Calvinists say, "No, I cannot; save me first".
Romans 8:8

Calvinists teach that no one can obey until they are saved.

You then hinder people from getting saved when you preach things like that.
Romans 10:9,10,11,13

Lon

I think you'll find that this thread is one that I started. I've had to request two threads be closed in the last two weeks because of you disgusting remarks. I shall ask if this can be closed as well as you have derailed this.

It actually illustrates the seriousness of doctrinal errors. That's a good thing.

As far as closing down threads: Mods can simply ban members from specific threads both in service to you and as a non-infraction time-out for the offending member.

When you report simply say:

Please remove Lon (member who is causing problem and derailing) from my thread because he(she) is derailing and causing disruption of the thread intent. Thank you. -Truster

(sometimes rethink too. I think this person is actually illustrating your thread point, even if not by design, just a thought -Lon)

Truster

You should be worried about your own salvation; aren't you the one who openly makes GOD out to be evil? Pretty sure that's the only unforgiven sin.

She doesn't blaspheme; and none care about your pretend condemnation. You should really heed your own words.....beam..... splinter....

My salvation is sure and certain. I rest in the comfort that my intentions, thoughts, words and deeds are known by Him who saved me and keeps me by His power.

The beam and the splinter is in relation to hypocrites and not the saints.

popsthebuilder

My salvation is sure and certain. I rest in the comfort that my intentions, thoughts, words and deeds are known by Him who saved me and keeps me by His power.

The beam and the splinter is in relation to hypocrites and not the saints.
Your words are ironic, and no doubt known by GOD, along with your actions.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 2:14 Romans 8:8 2 Corinthians 5:17

Romans 8:8

Those of the flesh cannot please God is about people who only want to please their flesh---those people cannot please God.

Not everyone only wants to please their flesh.

We are flesh, and we are spirit too.

Some people want more out of life and those are the people who search for God.

Romans 10:9,10,11,13

Those scriptures are about believing we have to believe and obey Jesus.

What does Jesus say?

Jesus says he washes away sins.

If you are not repenting of those sins, then what is there to believe?

Lon

Those of the flesh cannot please God is about people who only want to please their flesh---those people cannot please God.

Not everyone only wants to please their flesh.

We are flesh, and we are spirit too.

John 3:5-7

Some people want more out of life and those are the people who search for God.
Romans 8:9

Those scriptures are about believing we have to believe and obey Jesus.

What does Jesus say?

Jesus says he washes away sins.

If you are not repenting of those sins, then what is there to believe?
2 Corinthians 5:16,17 Philippians 2:13

God's Truth

John 3:5-7

Romans 8:9

2 Corinthians 5:16,17 Philippians 2:13

A person is born of God after they do what Jesus says.

What does Jesus say to do?

Jesus says to humble yourself or you will never enter.

A person is born again after you repent of your sins.

Jesus washes you clean and puts his Spirit in you.

That is when and how you are born again.

One then has a new life without any sins.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
A person is born of God after they do what Jesus says.

What does Jesus say to do?

Jesus says to humble yourself or you will never enter.

A person is born again after you repent of your sins.

Jesus washes you clean and puts his Spirit in you.

That is when and how you are born again.

One then has a new life without any sins.
Believe in the resurrection.

If you must squawk about something, which apparently you must, squawk about the resurrection.

Romans 10:9 (KJV)