God: "Let Us Make Man In Our Image"

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Here we see a plurality in the Godhead:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness... So God created man in his own image" (Gen1:26,27).​

Here God is spoken of as being a plurality. This is a case of a "compound unity," a concept which is spoken of here:

"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery" (Eph.5:31-32).​

This concept is above the reasoning of our finite minds and that is why Paul calls it a "mystery." Nevertheless, the concept of "compound unity" is found in the Bible and that same concept applies to the Godhead.

The Bible reveals that there is One God in three Divine Persons. That is why we read of the "name" (singular) of God here:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" (Mt.28:19).​

Now let us look at this verse again:

"And God ('elohiym) said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness... So God ('elohiym) created man in his own image" (Gen.1:26,27).​

Andrew Jukes writes the following about the name 'elohiym :

"This name then, (in Hebrew, 'elohiym,) is a plural noun, which, though first and primarily used in Holy Scriptures to describe the One true God, our Creator and Redeemer...First then this name, though a plural noun, when used of the one true God is constantly joined with verbs and adjectives in the singular. We are thus prepared, even from the beginning, for the mystery of a plurality in God, who, though He says, 'There is no God besides me,'and 'I am God, and there is none else,' says also, 'Let us make man in our image,after our likeness;' and again, 'The man has become like one of us;' and again at Babel,'Go to, let us go down and confound their language;' and again, in the vision granted to the prophet Isaiah, 'Whom shall we send, and who will go for us.' And this mystery, though hidden from an English reader, comes out again and again in the many other texts of the Holy Scripture.

"For 'Remember thy Creator in the days of they youth,' is literally, 'Remember thy Creators.' Again, 'None saith, Where is God my Maker?' is in the Hebrew, 'God my Makers,' "
(Andrew Jukes, The Names of God [Grand Rapids, 1967], 16-17).​

At least you're good for somethings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrevorL

Greetings again Jerry,
Neither of those verses demonstrate that anyone other than the Lord Jesus created man but the Scriptures do prove the Lord Jesus is the Creator:
"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church" (Col.1:16-18).
Besides that, since the Lord Jesus created all things in heaven and on the earth it is certain that He is not a created being.
I do not have a thorough response to Colossians 1:16-18, except to say I think it is talking of the spiritual creation, and also could be the concept that God the Father created all things for and on behalf of Jesus. Psalm 8:1,3 state that Yahweh created the heavens and v5 states that Yahweh made or created Jesus a little lower than the angels. When Jesus quotes and alludes to Psalm 8 he calls Yahweh “O Father, Lord of heaven and earth”.
Matthew 11:25-27 (KJV): 25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him..
This does not prove that the one who said he would go belongs to the group identified as "us." It was Isaiah who said he would go, as the next verse indicates.
I agree that it was Isaiah who responded, but it was the Lord (“I” singular – one Lord, not three Lords in one, eg “his train”, not “their train”) who spoke in the presence of the Seraphim (the “us” plural).

Kind regards
Trevor

Jerry Shugart

Psalm 8:1,3 state that Yahweh created the heavens and v5 states that Yahweh made or created Jesus a little lower than the angels.

Yes, but before the Lord Jesus was made flesh He was in the form of God:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-6).​

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So when those in heaven will see the ONE on the "Throne of God and of the Lamb" they will see both the Lord Jesus at the same time because He is God:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"
(Rev.22:3-4).​

TrevorL

Greetings again Jerry,
Yes, but before the Lord Jesus was made flesh He was in the form of God:
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-6).
The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).
Of all the teaching covered by the concept of the Trinity, it is the concept of the Incarnation that I find the most difficult to accept. Firstly it is not directly taught as the Scriptures clearly teach that God was the father and Mary the mother Luke 1:35, John 1:14, but also that Jesus as a child grew in wisdom, which if he were God the Son his wisdom would be complete. I cannot imagine that a two year old had the complete mind and wisdom of God, and that of an infant needing instruction, at the same time.

Looking at Philippians 2, there has been much written on either side, but even here the incarnation is not simply and clearly taught. The “form of God” is contrasted with “the form of a servant”, and this helps to fix the range of the word “form” in this context. Jesus did not externally appear as a servant, but this was his disposition of mind, and yet he served in the ultimate sense of the word, and God the Father calls upon us to “Behold my Servant”. Jesus was the greatest human ever born, being the Son of God. With this heritage and the greatness of his mind and wisdom, he was like unto God and God’s character in all respects so that he was full of grace and truth. Unlike many a prince, for example Absalom, he was not lifted up in pride, nor did he grasp at equality with God as had Adam, but he humbled himself and became obedient unto death.

Thus the exhortation:
Philippians 2:1-5 (KJV): 1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
So when those in heaven will see the ONE on the "Throne of God and of the Lamb" they will see both the Lord Jesus at the same time because He is God:
"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads" (Rev.22:3-4).
Perhaps before you jump to Revelation, you should consider Jesus upon the throne in Philippians 2, and as a Trinitarian I can understand why you avoided this.
Philippians 2:9-11 (KJV): 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
If the Trinity were true, we would not find that when we bow to Jesus that it will be to the glory of God the Father. A Trinitarian would expect here God the Father and God the Son. Solomon sat upon the throne of Yahweh, but this did not make him Solomon and Yahweh. Jesus’ role in Revelation 22 is depicted in a similar way in Philippians 2 as it speaks of him as the Lamb.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jerry Shugart

Looking at Philippians 2, there has been much written on either side, but even here the incarnation is not simply and clearly taught. The “form of God” is contrasted with “the form of a servant”, and this helps to fix the range of the word “form” in this context. Jesus did not externally appear as a servant...

The part in "bold" explains how His outward appearance was in the "form of a servant":

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross" (Phil.2:7-8).​

It was only by being made flesh that the Lord Jesus could do the will of Him who sent Him, being obedient unto death:

"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me"
(Jn.6:38).​

Therefore, it was as only by being made flesh that He was a Servant and we know that his outward appearance as a Man demonstrated that he was in the "form of a Servant." We can also know that now as He sits in heaven He is invisible to our eyes, and He is said to be the only wise God:

"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever" (1 Tim.1:16-17).​

Since the Lord Jesus is now in the "form of God" and His outward appearance is that of God then what is said in the following verse is not difficult to understand:

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature" (Col.1:14-15).​

It is impossible that the Lord Jesus can be in the image of God but not be God.

TrevorL

Greetings again Jerry,
Therefore, it was as only by being made flesh that He was a Servant and we know that his outward appearance as a Man demonstrated that he was in the "form of a Servant." We can also know that now as He sits in heaven He is invisible to our eyes, and He is said to be the only wise God:
It is impossible that the Lord Jesus can be in the image of God but not be God.
I appreciate your answer, but I will hold to the Scripture that there is One God, the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I will allow others to further discuss this with you. I am not willing to discuss the full range of this subject at the moment.

Kind regards,
Trevor

Jerry Shugart

I appreciate your answer, but I will hold to the Scripture that there is One God, the Father...

Let us look at this verse, a verse which the anti-trinitarians quote often in their effort to try to prove that the Lord Jesus is not God:

"But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him"
(1 Cor.8:6).​

In his commentary on this verse Albert Barnes says:

"One God, the Father - Whom we acknowledge as the Father of all; Author of all things; and who sustains to all his works the relation of a father. The word 'Father' here is not used as applicable to the first person of the Trinity, as distinguished from the second, but is applied to God as God; not as the Father in contradistinction from the Son, but to the divine nature as such, without reference to that distinction - the Father as distinguished from his offspring, the works that owe their origin to him" (Barnes'Notes on the Bible, Commentary at 1 Corinthians 8:6).​

The following verse speaks of the Father as the Creator of Mankind:

"But now, O LORD (JWHW), thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand" (Isa.64:8).​

Here we read that JHWH is our Father and He is the Potter who created mankind. The Apostle Paul said that it is by the Lord Jesus that all things are created:

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church" (Col.1:16-18).​

Since the Lord Jesus created all things then it is obvious that He is the Potter, JWHW the Father. That explains the Lord Jesus' words here:

"I and my Father are one"
(Jn.10:30).​

The only reason that the Lord Jesus could say the following is because He is indeed JHWH the Father:

"Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" (Jn.14:9).​

All this explains what we read here about the Lord Jesus:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" (Isa.9:6).​

The Everlasting Father is the Mighty God, and the Mighty God is JHWH, as witnessed by what is said here:

" Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD (JHWH) of hosts, is his name"
(Jer.32:18).​

TrevorL

Greetings again Jerry,
The only reason that the Lord Jesus could say the following is because He is indeed JHWH the Father:
Including 1 Corinthians 8:6 there are many passages that also define the one God as God the Father, and like 1 Corinthians 8:6 each distinguishes Jesus Christ as separate from God the Father. Thus “God the Father” is not a collective term for the Trinity.
Matthew 6:9 (KJV): After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
John 17:1-3 (KJV): 1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
2 Corinthians 1:2 (KJV): Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Galatians 1:1 (KJV): Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead.
Galatians 1:3 (KJV): Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Ephesians 1:2 (KJV): Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:2 (KJV): Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Colossians 1:2 (KJV): To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Philemon 3 (KJV): Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 1:1 (KJV): 1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:2 (KJV): Grace unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Timothy 1:2 (KJV): Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
Titus 1:4 (KJV): To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
1 Peter 1:3 (KJV): Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
2 John 3 (KJV): Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

As each community received each of the above letters, do you believe that they would come to the same conclusion that you suggest?

Kind regards
Trevor

keypurr

When will you folks take a good look at the first chapter of Hebrews? God created all through his express image, the spirit son who came down to in dwell in Jesus to bring light to the world. The logos of John 1 is a spirit, not a man.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Lon

:think:
Heb 1:6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels worship Him.” Luke 4:8
Heb 1:8 But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. Isaiah 45:5 Psalm 90:2
Heb 1:10 And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands; Genesis 1:1 Colossians 1:16-18
Heb 1:11 they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment, Hebrews 13:8 John 8:58 Psalm 90:2
Heb 1:12 like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.” Hebrews 7:3
Heb 1:13 And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?
Heb 2:9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. Philippians 2:9-10
Heb 3:4 (For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.) Colossians 1:17
Heb 3:15 As it is said, “Today, if you hear his [God Psalm 95:7] voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.” John 8:24
Heb 4:4 For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” Colossians 1:16-22
Heb 7:3 He is without father or mother or genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God he continues a priest forever.
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Heb 1:6 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels worship Him.” Luke 4:8
Heb 1:8 But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. Isaiah 45:5 Psalm 90:2
Heb 1:10 And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands; Genesis 1:1 Colossians 1:16-18
Heb 1:11 they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment, Hebrews 13:8 John 8:58 Psalm 90:2
Heb 1:12 like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.” Hebrews 7:3
Heb 1:13 And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?
Heb 2:9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. Philippians 2:9-10
Heb 3:4 (For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.) Colossians 1:17
Heb 3:15 As it is said, “Today, if you hear his [God Psalm 95:7] voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.” John 8:24
Heb 4:4 For he has somewhere spoken of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all his works.” Colossians 1:16-22
Heb 7:3 He is without father or mother or genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God he continues a priest forever.
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

And... BUMP!

: )

daqq

That is a quote from the Septuagint and therefore speaks of Israel as the firstborn:

Deuteronomy 32:43 LXX-Septuagint
43 Rejoice, ye heavens, with him, and let all the messengers of God bow to him; rejoice ye Gentiles, with his people, and let all the sons of God strengthen themselves in him; for he will avenge the blood of his sons, and he will render vengeance, and recompense justice to his enemies, and will reward them that hate him; and the Lord shall cleanse the land of his people.

So the Hebrews 1:6 statement speaks of the children of Israel being brought back into the land, (not "the world" as translated in most English renderings from the word οικουμενη [which is first and foremost the "habitable land" as opposed to "the world"]). That is also why the passage says, "again", (as highlighted in your quote), for it concerns the time when the children of Israel were brought up out of Egypt back into the land again, after the sojourn in Egypt, and that is clearly what is about to happen in Deut 32 which is at the close of the Torah. We know also that Israel is the firstborn from Exod 4:22 so there is no doubt that Heb 1:6 speaks of all Israel as the firstborn being brought back into the land:

Exodus 4:22 LXX-Septuagint
22 And thou shalt say to Pharao, These things saith the Lord, Israel is my first-born (πρωτοτοκος).

Israel is also called the "Prototokos", (Firstborn), just as is Messiah.

There is no such thing as "a little while" in that passage. Is that your own translation? If not it is surely a biased Trinitarian scripture twisting rendering. The context is the quote from Psalm 8:4-6 where in the Hebrew text the word Elohim is used, (not Malakim which would be messengers or angels).

Hebrews 2:6-9 ASV (Psalm 8:4-6)
6 But one hath somewhere testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; Thou crownedst him with glory and honor, And didst set him over the works of thy hands:
8 Thou didst put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he subjected all things unto him, he left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we see not yet all things subjected to him.
9 But we behold him who hath been made a little lower than the angels, even Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God he should taste of death for every man.

Psalm 8:4-6 ASV (Hebrews 2:6-8)
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor.
6 Thou makest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; Thou hast put all things under his feet:

MADE a little lower than GOD??? :think: :chuckle:

daqq

When will you folks take a good look at the first chapter of Hebrews? God created all through his express image, the spirit son who came down to in dwell in Jesus to bring light to the world. The logos of John 1 is a spirit, not a man.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Hi Keypurr, yep, there is no way to get around what the opening passage of the epistle to the Hebrews plainly states, that is, that Messiah is the Express IMAGE of the Almighty Creator. That IMAGE is right before our eyes every time we read the Word because the Word is the IMAGE of the Almighty Creator. The Word of the Father contains His attributes, qualities, character, (a word also used in the Greek context with similar meaning, χαρακτηρ, "an exact copy", representation, or even an engraving), and contains everything we need to begin walking with our heavenly Father in uprightness and truth. We worship the Father IN His Word, in the Spirit, (of His Word), and in truth. That is truly what it means to be IN Messiah and therefore the Word by the Testimony of Messiah is utterly critical and cannot be confounded because when we twist it we only destroy ourselves for perverting the truth of Elohim. But those who "worship" the Word, (in the sense that worship is used in modern times), are worshiping the IMAGE. The IMAGE is portrayed in LETTERS on parchment, papyrus, and paper. It is not about "worship" but about bowing to and honoring what is stated and taught in the Word: in other words, actually DOING what it the Word says to do, (worship the Father IN His Word). :)

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
That is a quote from the Septuagint and therefore speaks of Israel as the firstborn:
Spoiler

Deuteronomy 32:43 LXX-Septuagint
43 Rejoice, ye heavens, with him, and let all the messengers of God bow to him; rejoice ye Gentiles, with his people, and let all the sons of God strengthen themselves in him; for he will avenge the blood of his sons, and he will render vengeance, and recompense justice to his enemies, and will reward them that hate him; and the Lord shall cleanse the land of his people.

So the Hebrews 1:6 statement speaks of the children of Israel being brought back into the land, (not "the world" as translated in most English renderings from the word οικουμενη [which is first and foremost the "habitable land" as opposed to "the world"]). That is also why the passage says, "again", (as highlighted in your quote), for it concerns the time when the children of Israel were brought up out of Egypt back into the land again, after the sojourn in Egypt, and that is clearly what is about to happen in Deut 32 which is at the close of the Torah. We know also that Israel is the firstborn from Exod 4:22 so there is no doubt that Heb 1:6 speaks of all Israel as the firstborn being brought back into the land:

Exodus 4:22 LXX-Septuagint
22 And thou shalt say to Pharao, These things saith the Lord, Israel is my first-born (πρωτοτοκος).

Israel is also called the "Prototokos", (Firstborn), just as is Messiah.

There is no such thing as "a little while" in that passage. Is that your own translation? If not it is surely a biased Trinitarian scripture twisting rendering. The context is the quote from Psalm 8:4-6 where in the Hebrew text the word Elohim is used, (not Malakim which would be messengers or angels).

Hebrews 2:6-9 ASV (Psalm 8:4-6)
6 But one hath somewhere testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; Thou crownedst him with glory and honor, And didst set him over the works of thy hands:
8 Thou didst put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he subjected all things unto him, he left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we see not yet all things subjected to him.
9 But we behold him who hath been made a little lower than the angels, even Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God he should taste of death for every man.

Psalm 8:4-6 ASV (Hebrews 2:6-8)
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor.
6 Thou makest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; Thou hast put all things under his feet:

MADE a little lower than GOD??? :think: :chuckle:

Do you always chuckle when you display your ignorance of Jesus?

Look Mom, no scriptural integrity. Lies and biblical Shenanigans!

[MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION] have forgotten more than you and [MENTION=3801]keypurr[/MENTION] have collectively learned!

#yup

Hi Keypurr, yep, there is no way to get around what the opening passage of the epistle to the Hebrews plainly states, that is, that Messiah is the Express IMAGE of the Almighty Creator. That IMAGE is right before our eyes every time we read the Word because the Word is the IMAGE of the Almighty Creator. The Word of the Father contains His attributes, qualities, character, (a word also used in the Greek context with similar meaning, χαρακτηρ, "an exact copy", representation, or even an engraving), and contains everything we need to begin walking with our heavenly Father in uprightness and truth. We worship the Father IN His Word, in the Spirit, (of His Word), and in truth. That is truly what it means to be IN Messiah and therefore the Word by the Testimony of Messiah is utterly critical and cannot be confounded because when we twist it we only destroy ourselves for perverting the truth of Elohim. But those who "worship" the Word, (in the sense that worship is used in modern times), are worshiping the IMAGE. The IMAGE is portrayed in LETTERS on parchment, papyrus, and paper. It is not about "worship" but about bowing to and honoring what is stated and taught in the Word: in other words, actually DOING what it the Word says to do, (worship the Father IN His Word). :)

Here it goes again... You and [MENTION=3801]keypurr[/MENTION] are "Hell Bent" on snatching up good seed that is sewn.

Well... if that Child was just a child... Why do we have these verses that you gloss over.

Luke 2:11; Is. 39:11; 1 Tim. 2:15; Gal. 4:4f; Rev. 12:4f

In fact... why are you trying to "devour" the "born Child". Why do you deny Luke 2:11 and simultaneously that Psalms 2 is about the King of Israel being anointed. You will ignore every verse I've posted and you will use Bible denying, Obfuscation, Bible Correcting or hokey allegory to deny God the Son, Atonement and Faith as our means of salvation.

If you ignore the scripture I've posted... I have a Gif for you and Keeper. Two blind guides stumbling through a razor factory carrying a lemon juice Gospel to the world!

Reactions: Lon

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Here it goes again... You and [MENTION=3801]keypurr[/MENTION] are "Hell Bent" on snatching up good seed that is sewn.

Well... if that Child was just a child... Why do we have these verses that you gloss over.

In fact... why are you trying to "devour" the "born Child". Why do you deny Luke 2:11 and simultaneously that Psalms 2 is about the King of Israel being anointed. You will ignore every verse I've posted and you will use Bible denying, Obfuscation, Bible Correcting or hokey allegory to deny God the Son, Atonement and Faith as our means of salvation.

If you ignore the scripture I've posted... I have a Gif for you and Keeper. Two blind guides stumbling through a razor factory carrying a lemon juice Gospel to the world!

The soul of the son of God emptied himself and was born of woman.

Daqq, if I'm reading him right is acknowledging this and that part of what he emptied himself of was returned at his baptism.

daqq

Do you always chuckle when you display your ignorance of Jesus?

Look Mom, no scriptural integrity. Lies and biblical Shenanigans!

@Lon and @Jerry Shugart have forgotten more than you and @keypurr have collectively learned!

#yup

Here it goes again... You and @keypurr are "Hell Bent" on snatching up good seed that is sewn.

Why attack me? I only posted the truth from the scripture. Did you not know that Hebrews 1:6 quotes the Septuagint while that passage is not even found in the Hebrew text? You also have already given plenty of Gifs and image files of what you worship and they clearly reveal that you have done exactly what was said in my post to Keypurr. The following IMAGE of yours perfectly displays what was just stated:

And Daqq... I never retreat... I desire Mercy over Sacrifice... I learned that from YHWH, who says such here... (Hosea 6:6 & Mt. 9:13)

24382097.jpg

Remember when you posted that IMAGE?
Even the fingertip on your IMAGE appears to have suffered some damage! :rotfl:

Romans 1:18-23 ASV
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness;
19 because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse:
21 because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The soul of the son of God emptied himself and was born of woman.

Daqq, if I'm reading him right is acknowledging this and that part of what he emptied himself of was returned at his baptism.

You are not reading Daqq correct. Daqq believes that Jesus wasn't born as the Son of God. While you are Arian in belief, but on my good side because you're a whiskey man and full of good humor and... the ability to agree to disagree...

Daqq believes the Son of God is a sort of Angel of sorts or something. He believes that Jesus was born void of the "Spirit of God" and only was joined by the spirit of God at baptism.

He also believes that that Spirit left Jesus before death. This is his way of denying atonement. It is an enormously Islamic system of theology.

Daqq will do everything to saddle up with you and obfuscate his beliefs because He's cool you don't Believe Jesus was and is God.

Me... I'll disagree with you... tell you how I see it and agree to disagree. I don't dislike Daqq, but his demeanor and theology is from the pit.

#Scouts Honor!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Why attack me? I only posted the truth from the scripture. Did you not know that Hebrews 1:6 quotes the Septuagint while that passage is not even found in the Hebrew text? You also have already given plenty of Gifs and image files of what you worship and they clearly reveal that you have done exactly what was said in my post to Keypurr. The following IMAGE of yours perfectly displays what was just stated:

Remember when you posted that IMAGE?
Even the fingertip on your IMAGE appears to have suffered some damage! :rotfl:

Romans 1:18-23 ASV
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness;
19 because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse:
21 because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.

[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] ... I'm not attacking you... You've swept your house and sent one demon away, and your houses void has allowed that one demon to bring legion into you.

You do not speak of your own accord! I'm attacking what has possession (grasp) of you!

I'll post it again! If you don't think Jesus has a sense of humor, you haven't looked in the mirror lately.

#Deuces Deceiver

daqq

You are not reading Daqq correct. Daqq believes that Jesus wasn't born as the Son of God. While you are Arian in belief, but on my good side because you're a whiskey man and full of good humor and... the ability to agree to disagree...

Daqq believes the Son of God is a sort of Angel of sorts or something. He believes that Jesus was born void of the "Spirit of God" and only was joined by the spirit of God at baptism.

He also believes that that Spirit left Jesus before death. This is his way of denying atonement. It is an enormously Islamic system of theology.

Daqq will do everything to saddle up with you and obfuscate his beliefs because He's cool you don't Believe Jesus was and is God.

Me... I'll disagree with you... tell you how I see it and agree to disagree. I don't dislike Daqq, but his demeanor and theology is from the pit.

#Scouts Honor!

If it would do any good I would report you for all of these lies but I know it would not do any good. You do not speak for me: I already explained to you why I am not an Arian, or a JW, or an SDA, or Islamic, any of those other things you have accused me of so as to try to label me and sideline what I have posted, just as you do with all who disagree with your scripture twisting fantasy doctrine. I am speaking the scripture so it really is not me you are at odds with; but by calling me a whiskey man in your ignorance, after myself having been sober for nine years now, (thanks be to Elohim and His Word), you only show once again the hatred that spews from your heart.