God: "Let Us Make Man In Our Image"

CherubRam

Genesis 2:7
the LORD God formed the man from the dust (body) of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the (breath of life, and the man became a living (being / soul.)

CherubRam

1 Corinthians 7:34
and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit.

Jerry Shugart

This should read this way: "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole soul, spirit and body, be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess.5:23).

No, the Greek word kai, which is a conjunction, is found in these two places in the verse:

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and (kai) soul and (kai) body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess.5:23).​

What is being referred to in these verses?:

"That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man"
(Eph.3:16).​

"For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day" (2 Cor.2:16).​

Last edited:

S-word

BANNED
Banned
No, the Greek word kai, which is a conjunction, is found in these two places in the verse:

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and (kai) soul and (kai) body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess.5:23).​

"That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man"

"For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day" (2 Cor.2:16).​

As the scriptures state; "You are body, soul and spirit."

Your body is created from the universal elements, and it is activated by the universal soul, which is the animating principle that pervades the entire universal body, activating everything within the universe, from the wave particles to the subatomic particles that make up the atoms which are the building blocks of the molecules from which the universal body is created. It is to the universal soul=LIFE-FORCE, that all information = SPIRIT is gathered.

“YOU” the mind, are spirit. The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul [Animating life force] to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and prehuman, has been gathered in its evolution to become who you are, and that parental spirit dwells behind the veil of the flesh to the inner most sanctuary of its earthly tabernacle=tent, which is your body.

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and “YOU” who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the parental spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality = “CONTROLLING GODHEAD” to that body.

Then of the Thee in Me who works behind
The veil, I lifted up my hands to find
A lamp amid the Darkness; and I heard,
As from Without__ “The Me within Thee is blind.”.... By Omar Khayyam.
When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body: “skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc,” has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU = the mind=spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force=soul, from which it will be resurrected in the next cycle of universal activity.*Unless of course, the information=spirit that is “YOU” is divided from the universal life-force, which is the second death. For the spirit=information that is you, can be divided from the universal soul. Hebrews 4: 12.---------“For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit.”

Although my body is wasting away, "I" continue to develop every day as more data is gathered through the senses of this old body.

This body that you see it isn't really me
It's but the womb in which I'm being formed
For I am spirit—I am mind
And it’s the only place you’ll find
WHO I AM, until the day I’m finally born.
For I will not be free, until this body that you see
Has returned to the dust from whence it came
It’s then that I’ll be born from this womb in which I’m formed
To continue on in life’s eternal game.

Matter can be and is created.
All matter can be and is reconverted to the energy from which it was created.
Flesh and blood (Matter) does not inherit eternity.

CherubRam

Whoever wrote that did not word it correctly.

CherubRam

How would you word it since it contains two conjunctives?

You missed the point. Sometimes when people speak they do not always word things correctly. After God created Adam's body He (Breathed in) the (Breath / spirit of life.) In Hebrew the word (wind / breath) can also mean "spirit." Afterward man became a soul. So as you see, it is a body and spirit that makes a soul. A spirit without a body is only a spirit. And a body without a spirit is a dead body.

Jerry Shugart

Our inner man is our spirit. Spirit is the nature of a person, place, or thing.

No, the spirit is something that is said to be in a man, not the man himself:

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God"(1 Cor.2:12).​

This verse indicates that a man;s body and his soul are two distinct and separate things:

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Mt.10:28).​

CherubRam

No, the spirit is something that is said to be in a man, not the man himself:

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God"(1 Cor.2:12).​

This verse indicates that a man;s body and his soul are two distinct and separate things:

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Mt.10:28).​

A person is what they think and do, that is determined by the spirit of a person.

CherubRam

Quote: "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. The elect have a immortal soul that is a body and spirit. It can not be killed by any person. Note: It is Yahwah who grants life immortal.

TrevorL

Greetings Jerry,
Here we see a plurality in the Godhead:
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness... So God created man in his own image" (Gen1:26,27).​
Here God is spoken of as being a plurality. This is a case of a "compound unity," a concept which is spoken of here:
"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery" (Eph.5:31-32).​
This concept is above the reasoning of our finite minds and that is why Paul calls it a "mystery." Nevertheless, the concept of "compound unity" is found in the Bible and that same concept applies to the Godhead.

The Bible reveals that there is One God in three Divine Persons.
Genesis 1:26-27 is God the Father inviting the angels to participate in the creation of man.
Genesis 1:26-27 (KJV): 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
If God was a plurality verse 27 would say "their", "them", "them".

That the angels were involved in the creation of man is verified by David’s summary of the creation, where he distinguishes between Yahweh, God the Father and Elohim, here translated the angels:
Psalm 8:1,3-6 (KJV): 1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

Kind regards
Trevor

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Psalm 82: 1-8; 1 God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decision: 2 "You must stop judging unjustly; you must no longer be partial to the wicked! 3 Defend the rights of the poor and the orphans; be fair to the needy and the helpless. 4 Rescue them from the power of evil people. 5 "How ignorant you are! How stupid! You are completely corrupt, and justice has disappeared from the world. 6 "You are gods,' I said; "all of you are children of the Most High.' 7 But you will die like mortals; your life will end like that of any prince." 8 Come, O God, and rule the world; all the nations are yours.

TrevorL

Greetings again Jerry,
"This name then, (in Hebrew, 'elohiym,) is a plural noun, which, though first and primarily used in Holy Scriptures to describe the One true God, our Creator and Redeemer...First then this name, though a plural noun, when used of the one true God is constantly joined with verbs and adjectives in the singular. We are thus prepared, even from the beginning, for the mystery of a plurality in God, who, though He says, 'There is no God besides me,'and 'I am God, and there is none else,' says also, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness;' and again, 'The man has become like one of us;' and again at Babel, 'Go to, let us go down and confound their language;' and again, in the vision granted to the prophet Isaiah, 'Whom shall we send, and who will go for us.' And this mystery, though hidden from an English reader, comes out again and again in the many other texts of the Holy Scripture.
Are you suggesting that two or three of the Persons of the Trinity went down from heaven to Babel? Rather this was two or more Angels of God.

You are (or the writer) misquoting Isaiah, as it is the singular “Lord” who is speaking. The Seraphim who are in attendance around the throne are the “us”:
Isaiah 6:8 (KJV): Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jerry Shugart

Quote: "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. The elect have a immortal soul that is a body and spirit. It can not be killed by any person. Note: It is Yahwah who grants life immortal.

The Bible declares that the spirit and soul and body of a man are three distinct and separate things:

I can't force you to believe it but that is the fact.

Jerry Shugart

Greetings Jerry,Genesis 1:26-27 is God the Father inviting the angels to participate in the creation of man.
Genesis 1:26-27 (KJV): 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

No, when we look at the following two verses together it is obvious that angels played no part in creating men:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them"
(Gen.1:26-27).​

It was God alone who created all things and when we compare the following two verses it becomes obvious that the Lord Jesus is God:

"The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him"
(Zech.12:1).​

"And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?"
(Heb.1:10-13).​

Jerry Shugart

Greetings again Jerry,
Are you suggesting that two or three of the Persons of the Trinity went down from heaven to Babel? Rather this was two or more Angels of God.

You are (or the writer) misquoting Isaiah, as it is the singular “Lord” who is speaking. The Seraphim who are in attendance around the throne are the “us”:
Isaiah 6:8 (KJV): Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

The verse from Isaiah which Andrew Jukes cited was not Isaiah 6:8.

TrevorL

Greetings again Jerry,
No, when we look at the following two verses together it is obvious that angels played no part in creating men:
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them" (Gen.1:26-27).
God the Father is the creator of man, but he has also used his agents the angels in the creation as Genesis 1:26-27 and Psalm 8 clearly show.
The verse from Isaiah which Andrew Jukes cited was not Isaiah 6:8.
I would like to suggest again that Andrew was attempting to quote Isaiah 6:8, but he was either quoting it from memory or trying to impose his understanding upon the passage without properly considering the words and the context. If you are convinced that he was not attempting to quote Isaiah 6:8, then could you suggest what passage he was citing, as I do not know a similar passage?

Kind regards
Trevor

Jerry Shugart

Greetings again Jerry,
God the Father is the creator of man, but he has also used his agents the angels in the creation as Genesis 1:26-27 and Psalm 8 clearly show.

Neither of those verses demonstrate that anyone other than the Lord Jesus created man but the Scriptures do prove the Lord Jesus is the Creator:

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church"
(Col.1:16-18).​

Besides that, since the Lord Jesus created all things in heaven and on the earth it is certain that He is not a created being.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

This does not prove that the one who said he would go belongs to the group identified as "us." It was Isaiah who said he would go, as the next verse indicates.