"Give Your Life to Jesus"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why do we keep hearing people say things like that as if it's a formula for salvation? You can give your heart to Jesus, your life to Jesus, turn over a new leaf, give all your money, give all of your time, on and on as all of those ramblings go, but salvation is not us giving anything to God, but what God gave for us 2000 years ago!

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Galatians 1:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

We can see the due time message testified that God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth as the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

This is great news for all men, no matter who you are or what you've done!

Stop trusting in empty religious sayings that have no power to save you and trust the Lord believing WHY Christ died and that God raised Him from the dead the third day and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
I gave my life to Jesus last night

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I won't limit Jesus' power by telling him to constantly cleanse me, which is wrong...

The point of the OP is that it is made up and has NOTHING to do with salvation!

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Heb 10:26–31).

Those who hate the blood are going to hell.

See:

Nothing But the Blood by Adrian Rogers

God's Truth

"I..."
"I..."
"I..."
"I..."

NO!

Salvation is not what you did or do for Him, but what Christ did for you (Romans 6:23 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV)! It's about Him: why Christ died and that He was raised again victorious (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Romans 4:25 KJV)! And that gospel of Christ is the power of God to save everyone that believes it (Romans 1:16, 1 Corinthians 1:18), not all of your boasting (Romans 3:27 KJV).

Get saved by trusting the Lord believing IT and not "I".

I trust in Jesus so much so that I obey everything he tells me to do.

God's Truth

What Jesus do you trust in ? Who is He ? Is He God ? What did He accomplish, and for whom did He accomplish it for ?

I trust in Jesus, and he is God. I trust every WORD that he says. He says humble yourself, I bow to his WORDS and humble myself. He says forgive others, I bow to his WORDS and forgive others. He says repent of your sins, I repent of every sin I can think of that I ever did, and I repent of them.

beloved57

I trust in Jesus, and he is God. I trust every WORD that he says. He says humble yourself, I bow to his WORDS and humble myself. He says forgive others, I bow to his WORDS and forgive others. He says repent of your sins, I repent of every sin I can think of that I ever did, and I repent of them.

You dont trust in the Jesus Christ of the scripture ! What did He accomplish, who did He accomplish it for ?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yeah I know. Giving your life to Jesus is such a drag. Going to church is a drag. Singing Hymns. Praying. Giving. Fasting.
Why not just trash all that, live for yourself, enjoy life, eat, drink, and be merry???????
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! Great Idea.

And what she we call this new way of Life?

I know

MAD!
The point O man, is that "giving your life to Jesus" is not salvation! Get saved and you'll have a clue.

heir

TOL Subscriber
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
"What sins?"~JohnW

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Heb 10:26–31).

Those who hate the blood are going to hell.

See:

Nothing But the Blood by Adrian Rogers

Who was Hebrews written to ?

Right Divider

Body part
Humble yourself like a little child, or you will never enter.

Forgive others or you will not be forgiven.

Repent your sins or perish.
You're trying to live in the kingdom of Israel while Israel is fallen.

You need to get an upgrade to the dispensation of the grace of God.

I'm betting that you're a "Red Letters" sort of a gal.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus' words are for ALL FOREVER.
Matt 10:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not: (10:6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Luke 10:4 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:4) Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way.

Luke 22:36 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:36) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

I guess that you never got THIS message either:
Heb 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,