"Give Your Life to Jesus"

glorydaz

Jesus did not preach the old law. Show where he gives instructions on animal sacrifices, and circumcision, etc.

Jesus did not preach the old law. Don't you remember, no more eye for an eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot? Don't you remember about not stoning the woman caught in about?

God did not nail obey to the cross.

YOU ARE NOT saying what the Bible says! The Bible says Jesus CAME with grace and truth. The Bible does NOT say what you say; it does NOT say Jesus gave grace and truth AFTER he had risen and ascended.

Jesus came with grace and truth and revealed it to Paul.

Christ was obedient, and that does not mean we do not have to be obedient.

There you go claiming YOU have to obey....proving you are under the law. The law was given to lead you to Christ but you are still trusting in yourself. That's sad for you, because it means you have to lie and claim your obedience is worthy of salvation. :nono:

God's Truth

There you go claiming YOU have to obey....proving you are under the law.

Obeying God did not get done away with.

The law was given to lead you to Christ but you are still trusting in yourself.

I was saved because I did not trust myself, I trusted God's word so much so, I did exactly as he said.

That's sad for you, because it means you have to lie and claim your obedience is worthy of salvation. :nono:

It is never ever shameful to obey Jesus. Jesus' words are life. If you do not obey, how do you eat him?

john w

Hall of Fame
I was saved because I did not trust myself, I trusted God's word so much so, I did exactly as he said.
"I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…"-"god"suntruth

No, you don't, habitual liar. This child of the devil is not convicted, explaining why she is lost.

The only person to have ever walked this earth, that obeyed all of the LORD God's teachings, is one who has rejected you, and will continue to reject you, as long as you keep snorting, grunting, hissing.....

"I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…"-"god"suntruth

If you can't get that satanic lie by us, you certainly won't get it by a holy LORD God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, you don't, habitual liar. This child of the devil is not convicted, explaining why she is lost.

The only person to have ever walked this earth, that obeyed all of the LORD God's teachings, is one who has rejected you, and will continue to reject you, as long as you keep snorting, grunting, hissing.....

If you can't get that satanic lie by us, you certainly won't get it by a holy LORD God.

John W, what did you ever obey that Christ commanded.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
I am not going to search for posts.
Where's the post where you laid this all out for us

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...o-Jesus-quot&p=4645572&viewfull=1#post4645572

You claimed you "told" me. So where is it? Post # please.
You're still dancing around what you tell everyone the Lord requires for salvation. You are the laughing stock of TOL right up there with teteletubby. You can't even lay out what it is the Lord "told us" "to do to be saved" OR answer what you did to obey when you claim "I obeyed and Jesus saved me."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You're still dancing around what you tell everyone the Lord requires for salvation. You are the laughing stock of TOL right up there with teteletubby. You can't even lay out what it is the Lord "told us" "to do to be saved" OR answer what you did to obey when you claim "I obeyed and Jesus saved me."

I wonder if GT and Meshak are one of the same?

God's Truth

I love telling others what Jesus says to do to be saved. I have said it many times what we are to do.

Here is one thing you must do or YOU WILL NEVER ENTER.

Humble yourself as a little child.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I love telling others what Jesus says to do to be saved. I have said it many times what we are to do.

Here is one thing you must do or YOU WILL NEVER ENTER.

Humble yourself as a little child.
There you again with the "one thing you must do...". Lay it all out. All of what we "must do". You claim that we have to obey, but you won't put it all out here as to what. Tell us and be specific. You claim the Lord "told us what to do to be saved". Lay it out specifically what you claim He told us to do. You claim the Lord saved you when you "obeyed" and have been known to say, "Jesus saved me when I started to obey", but you never say exactly what it is you "started to obey" that the Lord saved you. Do it here and now! Lay it all out for the world to see!

God's Truth

There you again with the "one thing you must do...". Lay it all out. All of what we "must do". You claim that we have to obey, but you won't put it all out here as to what. Tell us and be specific. You claim the Lord "told us what to do to be saved". Lay it out specifically what you claim He told us to do. You claim the Lord saved you when you "obeyed" and have been known to say, "Jesus saved me when I started to obey", but you never say exactly what it is you "started to obey" that the Lord saved you. Do it here and now! Lay it all out for the world to see!

I have told everyone many times.

I humbled myself as a little child.

I feared God.

I believed without doubting that God and Jesus were true.

I was never going to give up searching for Him.

I put Jesus before everyone and everything.

I forgave everyone that sinned against me.

I admitted I was a sinner.

I confessed and repented of those sins.

I called on Jesus to help me.

Right Divider

Body part

I feared God.

Help you? You need more then help. We all do.

heir

TOL Subscriber

I feared God.

"I..."
"I..."
"I..."
"I..."

NO!

Salvation is not what you did or do for Him, but what Christ did for you (Romans 6:23 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV)! It's about Him: why Christ died and that He was raised again victorious (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Romans 4:25 KJV)! And that gospel of Christ is the power of God to save everyone that believes it (Romans 1:16, 1 Corinthians 1:18), not all of your boasting (Romans 3:27 KJV).

Get saved by trusting the Lord believing IT and not "I".

andyc

Why do we keep hearing people say things like that as if it's a formula for salvation? You can give your heart to Jesus, your life to Jesus, turn over a new leaf, give all your money, give all of your time, on and on as all of those ramblings go, but salvation is not us giving anything to God, but what God gave for us 2000 years ago!

Yeah I know. Giving your life to Jesus is such a drag. Going to church is a drag. Singing Hymns. Praying. Giving. Fasting.
Why not just trash all that, live for yourself, enjoy life, eat, drink, and be merry???????
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! Great Idea.

And what she we call this new way of Life?

I know

MAD!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I won't limit Jesus' power by telling him to constantly cleanse me, which is wrong...
washing.gif
1 Jn 1:7

Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me [John 13:8].

"What did our Lord mean by that? He meant that without this washing there can be no fellowship with Him. This is the Passover Feast which speaks of His death. He arose from the Passover Feast which speaks of His rising in resurrection and going back to heaven. He is girded with the towel of service and He is saying to us, “If I don’t wash you, you’ll have no part with me.” You cannot have fellowship with him, service with Him, without the washing.

How does Christ wash us today? “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word” (Ps. 119:9). “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you” (John 15:3). “… even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word” (Eph. 5:25–26). It is the Word of God that will keep the believer clean. And when we sin, how are we cleansed? “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). Too many people treat sin as a light matter. My friend, may I say to you, the feet speak of the walk, and when you and I become disobedient, we are not walking in His way. That is sin, and that needs to be confessed." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Gospels (John 11-21) (electronic ed., Vol. 39, p. 59). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

"Jn 13:6–10 These proceedings embarrassed all of the disciples. While others remained silent, Peter, perhaps on behalf of others (see Matt. 16:13–23), spoke up in indignation that Jesus would stoop so low as to wash his feet. He failed to see beyond the humble service itself to the symbolism of spiritual cleansing involved (v. 7; cf. 1 John 1:7–9). Jesus’ response made the real point of His actions clear: Unless the Lamb of God cleanses a person’s sin (i.e., as portrayed in the symbolism of washing), one can have no part with Him." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1611). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Last edited: