"Give Your Life to Jesus"

heir

TOL Subscriber
You do not have to doing nothing?
to be saved, there is nothing to do (Titus 3:5-7 KJV).
You do not have to do n o t h i i n g ??????
to be saved, you can't do anything Romans 4:4-5 KJV)
What a lazy slave!!!

Do you know what Jesus will do to the lazy slave?

I will tell you what.

Luke 12:47 "The servant who knows the master's will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.

I'm saved and sealed and there's nothing you or I can do to mess that up (2 Timothy 2:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:19 KJV). Why are you trying so hard to cause doubt on salvation when justification is freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24 KJV)?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
to be saved, there is nothing to do (Titus 3:5-7 KJV).to be saved, you can't do anything Romans 4:4-5 KJV)

I'm saved and sealed and there's nothing you or I can do to mess that up (2 Timothy 2:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:19 KJV). Why are you trying so hard to cause doubt on salvation when justification is freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24 KJV)?
Amen!

glorydaz

I admitted I was a sinner, confessed and repented of my sins. I forgave everyone that sinned against me. I stopped doubting. I was never ever going to give up, give out, or give in. I did other things. I called on Jesus to help me.

I obeyed and Jesus saved me.

The OBEDIENCE of FAITH is about obeying because you have faith.

No, the obedience of faith is believing unto righteousness. Believing that we are made righteous by HIS obedience ... NOT our own.

Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 16:25-26
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​

God's Truth

No, the obedience of faith is believing unto righteousness. Believing that we are made righteous by HIS obedience ... NOT our own.

Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 16:25-26
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:​

Jesus obeyed and we have to obey.

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

Danoh

Put all your faith in Christ and do EXACTLY what Christ says to do.

So do that...

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

PureX

I know I'm way late to the party, here (on this thread), but I think the idea of "giving one's self to God" is a very effective conceptual way of letting go of our own natural selfishness and self-centered fear that we won't get what we need and want, or that we aren't good enough or deserving enough to get what we need and want.

This practice of turning that fear and selfishness over to God is a pathway to "salvation" in the sense that it helps save us from ourselves. Which is something most of us could use some saving from, most of the time.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
This practice of turning that fear and selfishness over to God is a pathway to "salvation" in the sense that it helps save us from ourselves. Which is something most of us could use some saving from, most of the time.

Our selfish way is mostly about ego or pride. Jesus says to give up our worldly way of living. He says "come to Me who are weary because my burden is light. I will give you rest."

Most of us are so busy chasing after worldly success and making ourselves weary, pressuring ourselves to compete with the world.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I admitted I was a sinner, confessed and repented of my sins. I forgave everyone that sinned against me. I stopped doubting. I was never ever going to give up, give out, or give in. I did other things. I called on Jesus to help me.

Did you believe the Gospel according to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It appears Meshak and GT believe that is referring to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John...

Gospel is supposed to be the word of Jesus.

Jesus is the Lord, not anyone else.

Jesus taught perfectly what we need to know about His Salvation.

Remember Jesus says "go therefore make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you."

This commission was given before Paul joined which you continually dismiss.

glorydaz

Jesus obeyed and we have to obey.

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.

The words IF YOU OBEY tells you that Jesus was preaching the LAW before He went to the Cross. Paul tells you in Romans 5:19, that it's through the OBEDIENCE OF ONE (The Lord Jesus Christ). You've been told thousands of times, yet you reject it. You're putting yourself in the place of the Lord by saying you are the ONE who must obey. That's not faith, it's the law.

The revelation the RISEN AND ASCENDED LORD gave to Paul was that salvation is NOT OF YOURSELVES, but is a GIFT given to those who BELIEVE. Eph. 2:8

This is the simplicity of the gospel of salvation that you refuse to acknowledge because of your outlandish PRIDE. You refuse to hear, and you need to turn from your pride and give all the glory to the ONE who was obedient because not a one of us could be perfectly righteous without HIS GIFT to us.

Danoh

Gospel is supposed to be the word of Jesus.

Jesus is the Lord, not anyone else.

Jesus taught perfectly what we need to know about His Salvation.

Remember Jesus says "go therefore make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you."

This commission was given before Paul joined which you continually dismiss.

No, dear woman, I do not dismiss it. Rather; I understand it.

It is a commission that was temporarily stopped by God Himself, just as He had planned to.

You disagree with my saying this because it is not how you see that commission.

What you should do is seek to understand why I say that commission was stopped.

The following passage is to be your response...

Acts 17:

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

How?

1) Receive another's word with all readiness of mind (not right away disagree with them, as you do).

2) Search the Scriptures daily whether those things the other person is saying are so (not right away go by your own ideas)

3) Therefore believe that the Word of God is actually being shared correctly.

You don't do that. You right away disagree.

Do you ask for clarification so that you can do the following - no you do not.

Notice what the Apostle Paul says about where his preaching and writing came from...

1 Corinthians 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Tell me - what does "comparing spiritual things with spiritual" mean?

If you have no answer, or an incorrect one - to any of this, then you simply have no business correcting others even if you mean well.

None of us do.

The answer to my question is found in a careful comparison betwen 1 Cor. 2 and 1 Cor. 3.

Without it, you are wasting your time going about Jesus this, and Jesus that...

The ball is in your court - what is your understanding of all this that I have posted and what are you going to do about it?

Know that I am not talking down to you.

I believe you mean well but are confused.

I do not believe you are up to no good. Big difference.

Feel free to get back to me when you have the answer to my above question.

D

God's Truth

The words IF YOU OBEY tells you that Jesus was preaching the LAW before He went to the Cross.

The Bible says Moses gave us the law and Jesus came with grace and truth.

Paul tells you in Romans 5:19, that it's through the OBEDIENCE OF ONE (The Lord Jesus Christ). You've been told thousands of times, yet you reject it. You're putting yourself in the place of the Lord by saying you are the ONE who must obey. That's not faith, it's the law.

If Jesus would not have obeyed, we would not have anyone to go through.

Jesus obeyed and Jesus tells us we have to obey.

The revelation the RISEN AND ASCENDED LORD gave to Paul was that salvation is NOT OF YOURSELVES, but is a GIFT given to those who BELIEVE. Eph. 2:8

Jesus didn't tell Paul another gospel. Jesus told Paul the one and only gospel.

This is the simplicity of the gospel of salvation that you refuse to acknowledge because of your outlandish PRIDE. You refuse to hear, and you need to turn from your pride and give all the glory to the ONE who was obedient because not a one of us could be perfectly righteous without HIS GIFT to us.

You describe yourself.

God's Truth

Galatians 5

3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

Wrong, again. Again because you have been shown this over and over.

What do you think you have shown?

I say to obey the new law.

I never told anyone to get circumcised.

If you want to debate someone, at least figure out what their beliefs are instead of merely claiming some kind of victory.