Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By the way; there is a difference between truth and hate, though I admittedly hate the lies you espoused.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
But, but, ..... his intentions are good and he has a zeal for the Lord. So he's fine and dandy.

glorydaz

Woe. Stop for a second please.

I am asking you a simple question. That is all. Please answer it in a simple honest manner.

How can someone actually believe a thing and not live their life as if it is true?

You said "live it out", right? Now you say, live "as if it is true".

One can live as if it's true, which could well mean to act like a believer. Correct?

But, when one BELIEVES unto RIGHTEOUSNESS, it's the believing that makes him righteous.....end of story. That's the "righteousness of faith". The minute you add our "obedience" or "the way we live our life" to that, you take away the truth of the righteousness of faith.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah yes, "mainstreamer". If pops isn't a mainstreamer, I'm not sure what he is. He learned that jargon somewhere.
Lordy, I hope Pops was never in the military or supports having a military.
Hope Pops doesn't believe that Jesus is GOD.
Hope Pops doesn't believe Paul was sent by our risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Hope Pops believes that JWs are the most dedicated people in the world to Jesus.
Hope Pops ain't a member of a local church.

Cause that's just some of what it takes for Meshak to even consider you being a true follower of Jesus.

glorydaz

Lordy, I hope Pops was never in the military or supports having a military.
Hope Pops doesn't believe that Jesus is GOD.
Hope Pops doesn't believe Paul was sent by our risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Hope Pops believes that JWs are the most dedicated people in the world to Jesus.
Hope Pops ain't a member of a local church.

Cause that's just some of what it takes for Meshak to even consider you being a true follower of Jesus.

I think he doesn't believe Jesus is God. :idunno:

popsthebuilder

You said "live it out", right? Now you say, live "as if it is true".

One can live as if it's true, which could well mean to act like a believer. Correct?

But, when one BELIEVES unto RIGHTEOUSNESS, it's the believing that makes him righteous.....end of story. That's the "righteousness of faith". The minute you add our "obedience" or "the way we live our life" to that, you take away the truth of the righteousness of faith.
You may be missing what I am asking.

If you believe you are about to rearend another vehicle then you apply the brakes, right?

If you believe your child is drowning you rush to help it, right?

If you believe that Jesus is the savoir, the son of GOD, the Messiah, the anointed, the Christ, the way, the light, and the example, then you follow his example and teachings right?

To believe a thing is to have faith in it. To have faith in a thing is to know it. To know it and to not act upon it is utter chaos and denial of truth and potential. So do you act on the things you know, or do you let children drown?

Not literally of course.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps you're being fooled. You've been wrong before.
Perhaps he has just not been here long enough to know Meshaks views and her tactics.
Everyone that has known her since she's been here knows she is a fraud and has the least amount of good intentions of anyone in this whole thread.

popsthebuilder

What made his intentions not good????
He wants truth to prevail and lies exposed.
How is that not a good intention?
Those are merely his words.

Search out his emotional responses to rebuttals made towards him to see his actual motives. He has changed his outward demeanor rather slowly over the days. But still exposes himself plainly with scripture.

I would say he is simply lost, but that is just not the case with him as of earlier.

popsthebuilder

Perhaps he has just not been here long enough to know Meshaks views and her tactics.
Everyone that has known her since she's been here knows she is a fraud and has the least amount of good intentions of anyone in this whole thread.
Well I really don't think that is the case. I don't know her very well, nor have I known her very long. But in the time I have known of her I have witnessed her genuine attempts at understanding, humility, peace making, edification, and thanks.
I'm not saying she is perfect. But she doesn't claim to be. I have seen her admit error and actively attempt to change from it at least twice, once she want even in error.

So she may be a little confused at times, but we all can be. She may come off as condensending, but don't we all at times?

If we observe error and genuinely want to help it then we can only hope to d so with gentleness. If this doesn't work then leave it. If your motive is help then to contend after the fact is against it, so let it go.
All of us.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you believe you are about to rearend another vehicle then you apply the brakes, right?
Sometimes.

If you believe your child is drowning you rush to help it, right?
Sometimes.

If you believe that Jesus is the savoir, the son of GOD, the Messiah, the anointed, the Christ, the way, the light, and the example, then you follow his example and teachings right?
Example?
This is where I laugh.
Jesus was born of a virgin.
Jesus was to reign on His father David's throne.
Jesus fed 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish.
Jesus cast out demons.
Jesus raised the dead.
Jesus healed the blind, the lame, the deaf.
Jesus was sinless.

So you are already a big ol' let down.

marhig

You are a Gentile because you are not a Jew, Paul was sent by Jesus Christ to preach and teach the Gentiles just as Jesus taught the Jews. Jesus told Paul what to say and write. Paul follows Jesus, dummy.

Hi Patrick, Jesus preached to both, Jesus was a light to the Jews and the gentiles. He preached in Samaria, the Samaritans were gentiles. He preached in galilee, and in the Bible, it says that Galilee is Galilee of the gentiles.

Jesus would have preached to anyone and everyone. He loved them all and he still does love everyone! He preached the gospel to all!

Matthew 4

Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;*And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:*That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim,*by*the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand

Jesus went first to the Jews, and then to the gentiles. I'm sure that when he preached to thousands many of them would have been gentiles, and not just Jews.

popsthebuilder

Sometimes.

Sometimes.

Example?
This is where I laugh.
Jesus was born of a virgin.
Jesus was to reign on His father David's throne.
Jesus fed 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish.
Jesus cast out demons.
Jesus raised the dead.
Jesus healed the blind, the lame, the deaf.
Jesus was sinless.

So you are already a big ol' let down.
Indeed. That is why I am but a servant.

Is that the extent of your answer?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi Patrick, Jesus preached to both, Jesus was a light to the Jews and the gentiles. He preached in Samaria, the Samaritans were gentiles. He preached in galilee, and in the Bible, it says that Galilee is Galilee of the gentiles.

Jesus would have preached to anyone and everyone. He loved them all and he still does love everyone! He preached the gospel to all!

Matthew 4

Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;*And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:*That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,

The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim,*by*the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand

Jesus went first to the Jews, and then to the gentiles. I'm sure that when he preached to thousands many of them would have been gentiles, and not just Jews.
Matthew 15:24 KJV -

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So she may be a little confused at times, but we all can be. She may come off as condensending, but don't we all at times?
One has to wonder why you are so unwilling to extend the same courtesy to Truster who does believe in salvation by grace through faith, and does believe that Jesus is GOD, and does believe that it is only by the obedience and righteousness of Christ that we are saved, and does believe that the cross covered every single one of his sins, and does believe that Paul was sent by Christ.

He's already way way way way way ahead of Meshak in the truth department.

marhig

You claim to be a Jesus follower, but you can't even give a quote where Jesus called everyone "friend"...even His enemies, AS YOU CLAIMED. You're just a big mouth with a bunch of noise spewing forth. :chuckle:

Meshak admitted she was wrong and you still hound her! Why?

And what about Judas? Judas betrayed Jesus and was his enemy, yet when Judas kissed Jesus on his cheek, Jesus knew he was being betrayed yet he called Judas friend!

Jesus said love your enemies, so wouldn't that mean we are to be a friend to them and help them in need too? Wouldn't Jesus have done the same? Being a friend isn't always being all lovey dovey, being a friend is also being there for those in need, whoever that are!

But, those who are true friends of Jesus, are those who keep his commandments

John 15

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Yes are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Status
Not open for further replies.