Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsthebuilder

The same guy who taught us to "obey the Gospel" by believing. It's believing unto righteousness. Romans 10:10KJV

Romans 16:26KJV

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2 Thessalonians 1:8KJV In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:​
Would you care to complete those phrases please. They are partial messages as it stands.

Do you understand it like that?

If so, how?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Jesus preached His Gospel of the Kingdom to the Jews when He walked this earth. After He rose from the dead He gave Paul his Gospel of Grace. If you want to be saved by Grace through faith, you'll have to be saved through Paul's Gospel.
Then why was Abraham safe?

popsthebuilder

You think by posting a bunch of unrelated verses you are successfully making a point? I'm sorry, but you aren't. We have a guy on here called Squeaky who does the same thing you're doing. You might want to get together with him, and maybe you'll see the error of your ways.

If you have a point to make, tell us what your point is and then we'll see if your particular verse has any bearing on your case. Otherwise, you're just wasting space.
WOW!!!!???

friend/ enemy......remember?

WOW???!!!!

popsthebuilder

She was wrong. Why do you say she wasn't? She claimed Jesus called everyone friend....which He didn't.

You are aiding and abetting her falsehoods when you do that.
I hope you do not claim to be able to discern the written word of GOD.

You currently cannot. You must have some other gift. I'll bet it is your Faith.

May the Lord and GOD give you sight.

peace

popsthebuilder

That does not show Jesus calling someone friend.

You'd better keep searching.
Your literalist understanding or rather; lack there of is pitiful to observe.

You really are an actual biblical literalist aren't you? Do you belong to a particular denomination?

popsthebuilder

Anyone who chooses to do so can scroll back through these posts and see how you have changed in your tactics from minute to minute. Friend, friend, firend , peace peace , peace and then pure hatred. I have treated you with nothing, but the contempt you deserve from the very beginning and that will not change unless you are converted, but I've never heard of a hypocrite being saved.
By the way; there is a difference between truth and hate, though I admittedly hate the lies you espoused.

peace

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, she knows what is right because of her submission to GOD. She has seen the verses before and grasps the concepts much better than most, but is an admitted student.

She is genuinely humble before the Lord though she is emotional at times as we all are when dealing with things we care about.

peace

Seriously?
You crack me up, dude!
:rotfl:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That does not show Jesus calling someone friend.

You'd better keep searching.
No no. Not "someone", "everyone".
She claimed Jesus called everyone friend.
But, you know, she got Jesus mixed up with Lot and the gang at Sodom and Gomorrah.
Common mistake. :rotfl:

glorydaz

If you had ever reached such then you wouldn't tell others not to attempt to do so through effectual faith; a term you may not even grasp or believe.

No offence meant.

A term I may not even "grasp"...."no offense meant". :chuckle:

Actually, I would tell others not to even try since it is something they can never achieve by any effort they may make. They will only enter into rest when they are created in Christ Jesus as new creatures.

I know man's efforts are not effectual, no matter what you may call it. Salvation is effectual, the word of God is effectual, and the faith of Jesus Christ is effectual. Don't try to achieve on your own that which is a Gift of God.

1 Thessalonians 2:13KJV For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.​

Here is effectual faith....and it's the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:20KJV I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​

glorydaz

No no. Not "someone", "everyone".
She claimed Jesus called everyone friend.
But, you know, she got Jesus mixed up with Lot and the gang at Sodom and Gomorrah.
Common mistake. :rotfl:

She just started at the front of the book and found the first friend listed. I gotta admit, it deserves a special place in Meshak history. I don't think I've ever seen the like. ;)

popsthebuilder

Cool. Now just explain where your line is drawn between soft and hard.

It's pretty easy to do around here.

Right on. Groovy.

[/QUOTE]
Well.... If and when I remember, I attempt to keep in mind that when I feel angry or offended that I cannot here anything past that. There message is lost because I am clouded by my anger. So if I keep that in mind it sort of helps to turn down my words. Believe me I tend to want to write some pretty harsh things at times. The idea is profitable conversation right? If so then it follows that communication mustn't be blocked out, which happens very easily. If our thoughts are genuine, or rather our motives, then we can use introspection and retrospect before hitting send. I should do it just for the horrible spelling and grammar, but it also helps with catching that spiteful attitude. Is that okay for a start?

The golden rule is always good to attempt to keep I'm mind, as is the fact that your words will be weighed against you.

peace....I liked groovy.

Thanks for changing the pace a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.