Do you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian?

glorydaz

No, the verse specifically states that you must confess that Jesus is your Lord (master) and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead.

And that's the lie you silly people have believed.

From beginning to end....the Alpha and Omega....The Lord our God is ONE LORD. "My Lord and my God", just as Thomas told you.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

1 Cor. 8:4-6 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

glorydaz

Why do you think it matters?

This is from the Gospel message preached on Pentecost by Peter in the words given to him by the Holy Spirit:

Acts 2:32-33
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.​

The words given to Peter by the Holy Spirit contains no indication of the Trinity, but treat Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit as three distinct and separate persons.

You must believe the Gospel in order to be saved.
You do not have to believe in the Trinity to be saved, especially since the clear words of scripture teach something other than the Trinity.

If you don't know God, there is no Gospel. If you don't know Jesus is God, there is no salvation. If you don't know the Holy Spirit is God you don't know God at all.

achduke

From beginning to end....the Alpha and Omega....The Lord our God is ONE LORD. "My Lord and my God", just as Thomas told you.

How does God speak through angels? Are they God? I do not believe so, but all through out the bible the angels are speaking but the people they are talking to hear God and his Word. Can you explain this?

oatmeal

And that's the lie you silly people have believed.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

1 Cor. 8:4-6 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him;

Unto you however, there are three Gods

daqq

Your story doesn't quite fit.

For the Father did not reach down with His arm to pluck me from the mire, He sent His only begotten Son and it was HE who reached out and plucked me from the mire.

It astounds me the pure simplicity of this fact...so clear and yet you fail to grasp it.

The Son must be as the Father and the Father as the Son. If the Father is God then the Son must be God also. Every son is the same in essence as the father.

And Jesus Christ IS the JahWeh of the OT speaking through the prophets.

So then you are by default denying Yeshua is the Right Arm of the Father:

John 12:37-38 KJV
37. But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
38. That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

Isaiah 53:1 KJV Restored Name
53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of YHWH revealed?

http://yahushua.net/scriptures/isa53.htm

Isaiah 30:29-30 KJV Restored Name
30:29 Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a set-apart solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of YHWH, to the mighty One of Israel.
30:30 And YHWH shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.
30:31 For through the voice of YHWH shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.

http://yahushua.net/scriptures/isa30.htm

Isaiah 40:10-11 KJV Restored Name
40:10 Behold, the Master YHWH will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

http://yahushua.net/scriptures/isa40.htm

Isaiah 51:4-13 KJV Restored Name
51:4 Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.
51:5 My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.
51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.
51:8 For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.
51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of YHWH; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?
51:10 Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?
51:11 Therefore the redeemed of YHWH shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.
51:12 I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass;
51:13 And forgettest YHWH thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

http://yahushua.net/scriptures/isa51.htm

Isaiah 52:5-10 KJV Restored Name
52:5 Now therefore, what have I here, saith YHWH, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith YHWH; and my name continually every day is blasphemed.
52:6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.
52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy Elohim reigneth!
52:8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when YHWH shall bring again Zion.
52:9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for YHWH hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.
52:10 YHWH hath made bare his set-apart arm [his holy Arm] in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our Elohim.

http://yahushua.net/scriptures/isa52.htm

And there are plenty more passages concerning the Right Arm of YHWH.
Your doctrine ignores most of all the analogies and allegories of Messiah.
It astounds me that you cannot see the simplicity of the Father and His Right Arm. :crackup:

:sheep:

glorydaz

True.

Neither Jesus nor any of the Apostles said any such thing, so why are you adding to the Bible?

You are a Roman Catholic, aren't you?

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

genuineoriginal

I don't play these type of games....ANSWER the question, or not, I quite frankly DON'T care.

You seem to be the only one playing games with scripture.

The scripture is very clear that the Father is God, Jesus is the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit is sent by God.

The doctrine of the Trinity does not come from the clear record of the Bible, but from somewhere else.

Whether the doctrine of the Trinity is true or not has no bearing on what is required for salvation.

You may think you are doing God a favor by lying about the scripture and claiming it says something it does not say, but you are not.

StanJ

You seem to be the only one playing games with scripture.

The scripture is very clear that the Father is God, Jesus is the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit is sent by God.

The doctrine of the Trinity does not come from the clear record of the Bible, but from somewhere else.

Whether the doctrine of the Trinity is true or not has no bearing on what is required for salvation.

You may think you are doing God a favor by lying about the scripture and claiming it says something it does not say, but you are not.

that's equivocation and deflection, NOT an answer.

genuineoriginal

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
Don't rely on the verse that says seeing Jesus is seeing the Father unless you also figure out what Jesus was saying when Jesus said He is not speaking His own words, but is speaking the Father's words.

John 14:24
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.​

And don't forget to include this verse as well:

Luke 22:42
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.​

genuineoriginal

that's equivocation and deflection, NOT an answer.
If you really want an answer, which I don't think you do, you should get down on your knees and pray to God to show you the truth even if it goes against everything you think you know.

That last part is key to hearing what the Holy Spirit will say.

glorydaz

How does God speak through angels? Are they God? I do not believe so, but all through out the bible the angels are speaking but the people they are talking to hear God and his Word. Can you explain this?

How do you know they "hear God"?

And, what is your point? What am I missing with this question?

glorydaz

Is that it? That is how you deny the scriptures?

They couldn't be any clearer.

True, they couldn't be any clearer. Of course you have to read all those verses you have been ignoring....since Jesus was both God and man. If you only read the verses that speak of His humanity, you will never know God.

glorydaz

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him;

Unto you however, there are three Gods

Of course that isn't true. And I gotta chuckle at the way you quote only half that verse. A half truth is a full lie. You should know better.