DO WE HAVE TO KEEP THE LAW

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No. That is the opposite of what I am saying. I am saying that you can only be born again by the Spirit of God. If you don't know this then you don't know what it means to be born again (Biblically, which is what matters).

Do you understand what the Bible says about what it means to be born again? This has nothing to do with me being hung up. It is the only way to be saved. If you don't know this you are missing salvation.

Why are you worry about me born again? You worry about your own, friend.

I don't have to justify my walk with God and Jesus to anyone but Jesus. It is up to me and my Savior.

KingdomRose

Actually, it was sin that was nailed to the cross, not the law which the Jews continued to observe as long as they could.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)​

True, Jesus addressed the problem of sin when he died on the 'cross,' but the Scripture says that the Law was nailed to the 'cross.'

"Having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us [the Law] , which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross." (Colossians 2:14, NASB)

The Jews may have continued to keep the Law, but they weren't appreciating Jesus' sacrifice...being the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world. The Apostle Paul repeatedly tried to convince them that keeping the Law was no longer necessary. "By GRACE are ye saved, and not due to the works of the Law."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
True, Jesus addressed the problem of sin when he died on the 'cross,' but the Scripture says that the Law was nailed to the 'cross.'

"Having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us [the Law] , which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross." (Colossians 2:14, NASB)

Wiping out a debt to the law does not do away with law to which the debt is owed. If the law ceased to exist then no one sinned after Jesus died.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why are you worry about me born again? You worry about your own, friend.

I don't have to justify my walk with God and Jesus to anyone but Jesus. It is up to me and my Savior.

You may believe you have a Christian walk, but you don't demonstrate knowledge of what it means to be born again. That is, how a person is born again (by the Spirit of God) and what their life looks like afterward. You also don't understand that those who are born again are saved. If you have the Spirit of God you belong to God.

Asking about salvation has to do with if you are saved. If you are not then you need to understand how a person is saved. Once saved, or prior to being saved, you can learn all there is to be known from scripture about what it means to be born again.

You recognize Jesus as Savior, and that He is. If He is your Savior then you are born again by the Spirit of God. Otherwise, you call Him Savior but He is not yet your Savior. Again, in how you are saying not to judge others even in regard to salvation this might come down to you needing to test yourself Biblically to see if you are saved and in the faith. If you are in the faith you have been born again. If you have been born again, you have been born again by the Spirit of God. You are not the Spirit of God, so I say in regard to eternal salvation you cannot save yourself. Why? Because you had to be saved by the Spirit of God and the Spirit of God is not you.

KingdomRose

Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV

Promises were given to the forefathers that were to also include the Gentiles. "Abraham will surely become a great and mighty nation, and in him ALL THE NATIONS of the earth will be blessed." (Genesis 18:18, NASB)

Jesus' assignment was to go only to the House of Israel, because Jehovah was extending the privilege of ruling in heaven to them FIRST. For 3 1/2 years he and his disciples preached to the Jews. After his impalement & resurrection, his disciples went to the Samaritans and the Gentiles. What Jesus taught was not just for the Jews. It was given to the nations as well.

KingdomRose

Saved by grace through faith, but? There is no but involved in our salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV

There are a whole lot of "provided that"s and "if"s. You don't have a great command of the Scriptures, do you.

"Although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet he has now reconciled you in his fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach---IF indeed you CONTINUE in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard." (Colossians 1:21-23, NASB)

It is very clear that, once a person has accepted the free gift, they must continue to honor it and remain firmly established, not moving away from the hope of the Gospel. They CAN move away from it.

KingdomRose

Nope. Those in the first resurrection are blessed and holy and not subject to the second death (Revelation 20:6).

The first resurrection occurs at Christ's coming and a thousand years later the rest of the dead are raised (Revelation 20:5).

It doesn't say they are "raised." It says they "come alive" after the thousand years. That means they will be eligible completely for eternal life---never having to die---because they became perfect during the "Last Day" (the Millennial Reign) and chose to remain with Jehovah rather than seek independence and death by going with Satan.

The second Resurrection involves everyone who ever lived coming back to life during the Millennial Reign. Then they are instructed about the truth and helped to align their lives with Jehovah's instructions through Jesus Christ.

KingdomRose

I believe we are in the kingdom now. Jesus said it was at hand and Paul said we are transferred to it.

Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Paul was referring to their awesome hope---of eventually ruling with Christ in heaven. They had been anointed, and were in line for that privilege. The Kingdom rule was in the future, and we still don't have the full implementation of it. When we do, no one will have to wonder or guess. All of mankind's governments will be destroyed. God's government will preside.

Daniel 2:44

KingdomRose

Do you believe there are those who have been chosen of God, His elect? If a person has the Holy Spirit in them do you believe they are saved and born again?

Born again, but not saved yet. Everyone has to "endure to the end" (Matt.24:13). Paul said clearly that even those who have been anointed with the Spirit can fall away.

"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put him to open shame." (Hebrews 6:4-6, NASB)

KingdomRose

The lake of fire is mentioned more than once in the book of Revelation.

Yes, but it is FIGURATIVE, SYMBOLIC. It stands for total destruction....annihilation.

That is clear when it says that "death and Hades" will be cast into the lake of fire. Death and Hades can't LITERALLY be cast.

KingdomRose

Actually, James writes that faith without works is dead (James 2:18-26 KJV), but that was never said to us (James 1:1 KJV). So while some might say that faith without works is dead misapplying it to us, grace without works isn't dead (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)! Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV) given the dispensation of the grace of God to usward (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). If you want to know what was said to us, you'll find it in the form of sound words (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) of Romans through Philemon.

Oh, so whatever you disagree with you write off as "not given to US"! What??? Everything in the Bible is provided to us FOR us. Jesus quoted the O.T. and fulfilled it all. It's all important to take into consideration.

You confuse the works of the Law with the works that writers like James were talking about. James was not referring to the Law. It is clear what he was talking about if you read what he said, esp. chapter 2.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh, so whatever you disagree with you write off as "not given to US"! What??? Everything in the Bible is provided to us FOR us. Jesus quoted the O.T. and fulfilled it all. It's all important to take into consideration.

You confuse the works of the Law with the works that writers like James were talking about. James was not referring to the Law. It is clear what he was talking about if you read what he said, esp. chapter 2.

Nope, things that are different are not the same, heir is 100% right, pay attention. you're just a babe in the Bible

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Born again, but not saved yet. Everyone has to "endure to the end" (Matt.24:13). Paul said clearly that even those who have been anointed with the Spirit can fall away.

"For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put him to open shame." (Hebrews 6:4-6, NASB)

Did you know there are verses in the Bible for people that were living at the time which spoke of them that they have been saved?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but it is FIGURATIVE, SYMBOLIC. It stands for total destruction....annihilation.

That is clear when it says that "death and Hades" will be cast into the lake of fire. Death and Hades can't LITERALLY be cast.

Do you remember what else ends up in the lake of fire?

KingdomRose

I believe the King James Bible and I'm glad you believe salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). Please notice that the promise is by the faith of Jesus Christ to them that believe.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Those tricky, sneaky little corruptions make it by yours or my faith, by changing "of" to "in", but the glory is the Lord's!

We trust His faith and work (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) to be saved, not our own (Titus 3:4-7 KJV)!

It's interesting that you cling to the KJV only. A student of the Bible would be familiar with as many versions as he/she can examine. Why the loyalty to that one version? Is the following verse superior to all other renderings?

"Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake." (ICorinth.10:25)

Might not another, more modern version, help out with that translation?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You may believe you have a Christian walk, but you don't demonstrate knowledge of what it means to be born again.

Wow talk about judgmental attitude.

suit yourself puffed up claiming to be born again, friend.

You need to know arrogance is not of Jesus.This is Christianity 101.

humility is must in Christianity.