DO WE HAVE TO KEEP THE LAW

heir

TOL Subscriber
Promises were given to the forefathers that were to also include the Gentiles. "Abraham will surely become a great and mighty nation, and in him ALL THE NATIONS of the earth will be blessed." (Genesis 18:18, NASB)
Only those Gentiles who blessed Israel (and will bless in the future)are in the covenants of promise (Genesis 12:3 KJV). That isn't you or me (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). Furthermore, we are not a part of the nations of the earth as our conversation is in heaven (Philippians 3:20-21 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus' assignment was to go only to the House of Israel, because Jehovah was extending the privilege of ruling in heaven to them FIRST.
You can't stand that He wasn't sent to us, because you are hanging your hat in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John which again, has NOTHING to do with us! We were without hope and without God in the world and a mystery revealed to and through Paul MUCH LATER than the time of the Lord's earthly ministry (Matthew 15:24 KJV, ROmans 15:8 KJV)tells us why!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There are a whole lot of "provided that"s and "if"s. You don't have a great command of the Scriptures, do you.

"Although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet he has now reconciled you in his fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach---IF indeed you CONTINUE in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard." (Colossians 1:21-23, NASB)

It is very clear that, once a person has accepted the free gift, they must continue to honor it and remain firmly established, not moving away from the hope of the Gospel. They CAN move away from it.
The context is not salvation, but being grounded and settled!

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Paul is addressing saints in Colosse (Colossians 1:2 KJV): those who have faith in Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:4 KJV), who are complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10 KJV) to know of the hope that is laid up for them in heaven having heard before the word of the truth of the gospel (Colossians 1:4-5 KJV).

To be grounded and settled and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel is to to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.
Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

God’s will is that all men be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Whereunto Paul was ordained a preacher, and an apostle, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity (1 Timothy 2:7 KJV), a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given to him for us, to fulfil the word of God (Colossians 1:26 KJV)

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Get saved and get a clue by 1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Oh, so whatever you disagree with you write off as "not given to US"! What??? Everything in the Bible is provided to us FOR us. Jesus quoted the O.T. and fulfilled it all. It's all important to take into consideration.

You confuse the works of the Law with the works that writers like James were talking about. James was not referring to the Law. It is clear what he was talking about if you read what he said, esp. chapter 2.
I believe all of the Bible whereas you are forced to spiritualize passages away and do a whole lot of twisting when things say different things to different people.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us.

You don't have to like it and you clearly don't, but your problem is not with me it is your unbelief.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's interesting that you cling to the KJV only. A student of the Bible would be familiar with as many versions as he/she can examine. Why the loyalty to that one version? Is the following verse superior to all other renderings?
All "the Bibles" don't all say the same thing. I believe every word of the KJB. Which "the Bible" do you believe every word of? Why haven't you decided to believe every word of any of the so called "the Bible"s(Psalms 12:6-7 KJV, Psalms 138:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV)?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't see that anything is different now than before--murder, theft, adultery never had anything to do with salvation. But salvation has much to do with murderers, thieves, and adulterers.
Sure if they repent and believe the gospel of our salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There are a whole lot of "provided that"s and "if"s. You don't have a great command of the Scriptures, do you.
The religious, but lost such as yourself always try to make God an Indian giver. He is not. You don't believe that salvation is by grace through faith. The problem lies with you (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't say it because it is not up to me to claim to be saved. Remember Jesus says not everyone says Lord and Lord will not inherit God's kingdom? Besides,judgment day is not here yet. Even Jesus won't give us judgment yet. Peter says judgment begins with God's household.

You never know whether Jesus tells you "I don't know you".

If we are puffed up, the odds are we will be told "I don't know you" by Jesus.

It sounds so arrogant claiming "I am saved".

Jesus' servants should never appear to be arrogant. It is not good witness. We have responsibility to be humble servants.

Here is what it actually says.

Matthew 7:21 NASB - 21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Here is what it actually says.

Matthew 7:21 NASB - 21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

thanks, that's right. No one knows who Jesus will say that to. We should not be so sure of our salvation because it is not over yet. Even Jesus does not judge anyone yet.

we better watch out so Jesus will not say that to us. One thing is sure; we will not inherit God's kingdom if we are puffed up.

Assured salvation is to strive to be true to Jesus. God is merciful He will fill our shortcomings and make us perfect and sinless if He sees our effort.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
thanks, that's right. No one knows who Jesus will say that to. We should not be so sure of our salvation because it is not over yet. Even Jesus does not judge anyone yet.

we better watch out so Jesus will not say that to us. One thing is sure; we will not inherit God's kingdom if we are puffed up.

Assured salvation is to strive to be true to Jesus. God is merciful He will fill our shortcomings and make us perfect and sinless if He sees our effort.
I don't follow what you are saying here.

I have asked about the kingdom of God before, what you think. But I know a person can be born again and saved thereby. And, you mentioned that God's kingdom ought to be on earth as it is in heaven.

Do you remember the things Jesus has said about the kingdom of God?

How about, the kingdom of heaven is at hand?

Matthew 3:2 NASB - 2 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Matthew 4:17 NASB - 17 From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Matthew 10:7 NASB - 7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Right Divider

Body part

Knowing that you are saved by grace through faith (i.e., NO merit of our OWN) is the EXACT opposite of "being puffed up". We give 100% credit to Jesus and 0% of ourselves.

You, on the other hand, think that YOU have something to contribute to your salvation.

YOU are the one that is puffed up.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't follow what you are saying here.

I have asked about the kingdom of God before, what you think. But I know a person can be born again and saved thereby. And, you mentioned that God's kingdom ought to be on earth as it is in heaven.

Do you remember the things Jesus has said about the kingdom of God?

How about, the kingdom of heaven is at hand?

Matthew 3:2 NASB - 2 "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Matthew 4:17 NASB - 17 From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Matthew 10:7 NASB - 7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

You can scrutinize all you want and make simple teachings complicated.

I dont join in your endeavors to make messy doctrine arguments..

good day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You can scrutinize all you want and make simple teachings complicated.

I dont join in your endeavors to make messy doctrine arguments..

good day.

Sound doctrine is important, which is probably why I concern myself with God's commands in Jesus Christ. He is our teacher.

I don't know what you mean by doctrine arguments. The post you are responding to has to do with the kingdom of God (the kingdom of heaven), a subject you have shown interest in. One teaching I understood growing up was that the kingdom of heaven is that we should store up treasures in heaven as heaven is the believer's destiny, or that the kingdom of heaven has to do with eternal life and not the here and now. But what does scripture say?

Jesus said, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

Paul related that we (all believers, when a person becomes a believer) have been transferred by God to Jesus' kingdom.

Colossians 1:13 NASB - 13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

Again, I am not privy to what you are saying.