Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

WRONG!

Luke 2:10-11 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; 11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is [a]Christ the Lord.

Translation add on.

Christ means anointed, Jesus was anointed at age thirty like the Rabbies.

No translation is perfect, neither is any religion.

keypurr

So says you. Jesus the man could not save a SOUL heal any MAN nor do anything UNTIL God's 2nd son (your admission) came down in a form of a dove and did the Vulcan mind meld thing you talk about...bizzarre

Besides being the Christ Jesus was the Lamb of God, the sacrifice for mankind. The Saviour.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Doc, Jesus became the Christ at his anointing. That is when he received the POWER of the Father.

Jesus the MAN became Jesus the Christ.

Was there any time that Jesus was not or would not be the Christ? Meaning, the Messiah (the Christ) was to come into the world. And He did, right?

drbrumley

THINK....

Oh I am....

Jesus was BORN to Mary.

Without a doubt.

God was not BORN he always existed.

Without a doubt.

The LOGOS was SENT, not BORN.

We agree the Logos was sent, but the following is where you lost your mind...

The LOGOS is the FIRSTBORN of ALL creatures. The EXPRESS IMAGE of YHWH, a SPIRIT.

We agree except for what you think firstborn means....let's try this on for size and you tell me.

Maybe, just maybe you can enlighten us heathens as to the meaning of Psalm 89. I will wait for a response to this....

20I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:

21With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.

22The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.

23And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.

24But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

25I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.

26He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

27Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The LOGOs, a FORM of God, was IN Jesus. The LOGOS spoke through Jesus to teach us about YHWH.

Totally over your head.

keypurr

Oh I am....

Without a doubt.

Without a doubt.

This is where you lost your mind...

We agree except for what you think firstborn means....let's try this on for size and you tell me.

Maybe, just maybe you can enlighten us heathens as to the meaning of Psalm 89. I will wait for a response to this....

Totally over your head.

Your hopeless.

drbrumley

Your hopeless.

Not so fast my friend.....an answer to psalm 89 please....

20I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:

21With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.

22The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.

23And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.

24But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.

25I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.

26He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

27Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

drbrumley

Was there any time that Jesus was not or would not be the Christ? Meaning, the Messiah (the Christ) was to come into the world. And He did, right?

:think: In Keypurr's world, if the logos did not ascend to Jesus as the dove at Jesus' baptism, then no Jesus would not have been the Christ.

Wonder if he would admit it. :think:

Rosenritter

You are "Jesus is God believer" so you are not one of us.

Non-trins don't believe Jesus is God.

Communication becomes next to impossible if people start making up their own private definitions of well-recognized words. I am on the record as stating that "Jesus is God" and "The Trinity doctrine is not biblical" and "The Trinity doctrine is not taught in the Bible." Everyone else here seems to know that I am not Trinitarian, so how does this work that you get to define me thus?

What exactly are you using for your definition of Trinity doctrine?

Rosenritter

For all the folks who read this know what Keypurr is saying....he is saying Jesus could not SAVE a SOUL, HEAL any MAN etc.....Jesus isn't the one, but this 2nd son is....That's where all your adoration should focus....Not on Jesus, because what fell upon Jesus was the real Christ....and it is thru this Christ that one is saved....Jesus was just the benefactor of having this Christ come upon Him.

And he also keeps saying that Jesus was possessed by this "Spirit Son" at his baptism.

Rosenritter

There was no time when Jesus was not the Christ.

Matthew 2:3-4 KJV
(3) When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
(4) And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

John 18:36-37 KJV
(36) Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
(37) Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Isaiah 9:6-7 KJV
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
(7) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Communication becomes next to impossible if people start making up their own private definitions of well-recognized words.

communication is impossible who believes Jesus is God when one cannot understand or follow overall contextual reading.

I don't follow or try to reasoning with anyone who believes "Jesus is God" believers.

good day.

clefty

Can you spell it from scripture either why people believe this that God became flesh or else show in scripture where it says that He did?

I do not believe that He did.

Thank you.

Jacob

LOL...

TOL: where stone CAN be nailed to wood despite the good book repeatedly saying it CAN’T be...

and yet flesh can NOT be nailed to wood despite the good book repeatedly saying it WAS...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
LOL...

TOL: where stone CAN be nailed to wood despite the good book repeatedly saying it CAN’T be...

and yet flesh can NOT be nailed to wood despite the good book repeatedly saying it WAS...

You believe God became flesh?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus did not exist until He was conceived and born through Mary.

1Pe 1:20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you

LA

You two should become Bible believers.

Joh 17:5 KJV And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

If Jesus did not exist until He was conceived and born through Mary, how can He make such a statement?

Or this one:

Joh 8:58 KJV Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

You guys have no respect for the Lord Jesus Christ.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You two should become Bible believers.

Joh 17:5 KJV And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

If Jesus did not exist until He was conceived and born through Mary, how can He make such a statement?

Or this one:

Joh 8:58 KJV Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

You guys have no respect for the Lord Jesus Christ.

God is Spiritual.

Jesus was physical on earth so He is not God.

that is the simple Truth.

God will never change back and forth to be Spiritual and the flesh.

Right Divider

Body part
God is Spiritual.
You do not even understand the difference between SPIRIT and SPIRITUAL.

Jesus was physical on earth so He is not God.
So you COMPLETELY ignore the scripture and stick with your own confused "understanding". Got it.

that is the simple Truth.
Your COMPLETE CONFUSION is simple truth.

God will never change back and forth to be Spiritual and the flesh.
Once AGAIN, SPIRIT and SPIRITUAL are TWO difference things.

Every MAN has a SPIRIT. The SPIRIT of Jesus is GOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.