Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

iouae

Now those boldened words I've seen as pretty compelling myself. It's hardly conclusive, but I do agree it seems like an ancient man's attempt to describe machinery he'd never seen. That being said, how the heck does a lion/woman/locust/horse describe a helicopter or plane?

Cobra-locust.jpg

Rev 9

7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

6days

So you've never said that we should be able to have seen species change naturally since the theory of evolution was formulated?
Greg..... you fabricate arguments, misrepresenting what others say...trying to formulate a strawman you can knock over.
If you want to know what I realy said (not what you think i might have said).......
"Evidence in the case of evolution versus creation generally better supports the creation account. However most people do not realize that. Most people have never been taught anything about the creation model. So evidence is always interpreted in light of the only model that they have been taught, the evolution model.

One example of the misunderstanding that most evolutionists have is regarding the ability of animals to quickly adapt to changing environments. Especially in the past, evolutionists thought change and speciation was a slow gradual process taking millions of years. The creationist model calls for the ability to rapidly change and even rapid speciation. Adaptation~ speciation usually happens when natural selection, 'selects' information that already exists in the genome. It is a process identified by a creationist (Edward Blyth) before Charles Darwin popularized the notion. It is a process similar to that of breeding animals... artificial selection. Selection is a process that usually eliminates unwanted information... It does not create new information.

As an example Darwin noted different species of finches in the Galapagos Islands. Evolutionists thought that these species have developed over the course of up to 5,000,000 years. That time frame was not based on science, but on the belief that everything evolved from a common ancestor over the course of millions and millions of years. Real science involving observation has now shown that these different species likely developed over the course of a few hundred years.

But even a few hundred years is a very long time. Speciation can happen over the course of just a few generations.... a matter of several years. Sticklefish have speciated / rapidly adapted in a very short time period.

Another example of rapid speciation (creationist model) comes from a study of guppies in Trinidad. One of the researchers speaking from the evolutionary perspective says " ‘The guppies adapted to their new environment in a mere four years—a rate of change some 10,000 to 10 million times faster than the average rates determined from the fossil record" IE. He says that the actual observed rate does not match the evolutionary assumptions of million of years in the fossil record.
science; Predator-free guppies take an evolutionary leap forward (Morell)

Rapid changes are bewildering to evolutionists..... but make perfect sense in the creationist model. God created most things with a very polytypic genome ( programmed variation) . They can change and adapt to various situations because of the wide array of info in their DNA.

Other examples of the ability of animals to adapt quickly:
Fruit flies grow longer wings...
... evolutionists are 'alarmed'
New Scientist 165 wrote:
"Flying out of control—alien species can evolve at an alarming rate"

Frogs seemingly 'evolve' in 1 generation...
... Evolutionists are surprised.
Science Daily wrote:
"However, the results show that in many cases, species with eggs and tadpoles placed in water seem to give rise directly to species with direct development, without going through the many seemingly intermediate steps that were previously thought to be necessary "
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0910142632.htm

And the best one showing.....
... Evolutionists are unscientific.
Bird species changes fast but without genetic differences (species-specific DNA markers)...
"Rapid phenotypic evolution during incipient speciation in a continental avian radiation" Proceedings of the Royal Society B.
The researchers suggest that the lack of genetic markers may mean the changes in these birds happened so fast that the genes haven't had a chance to catch up yet!!!!

That's a few of the many examples of adaptation and speciation that support the Biblical model, contradicting the evolutionist model of slow gradual change over millions of years."

Greg Jennings

Greg..... you fabricate arguments, misrepresenting what others say...trying to formulate a strawman you can knock over.
If you want to know what I realy said (not what you think i might have said).......
"Evidence in the case of evolution versus creation generally better supports the creation account. However most people do not realize that. Most people have never been taught anything about the creation model. So evidence is always interpreted in light of the only model that they have been taught, the evolution model.
It was a question, 6. Not an accusation. You're getting rather thin-skinned.

One example of the misunderstanding that most evolutionists have is regarding the ability of animals to quickly adapt to changing environments. Especially in the past, evolutionists thought change and speciation was a slow gradual process taking millions of years. The creationist model calls for the ability to rapidly change and even rapid speciation. Adaptation~ speciation usually happens when natural selection, 'selects' information that already exists in the genome. It is a process identified by a creationist (Edward Blyth) before Charles Darwin popularized the notion. It is a process similar to that of breeding animals... artificial selection. Selection is a process that usually eliminates unwanted information... It does not create new information.
You've been corrected on this before. I feel that doing so again would be a waste of both our time

As an example Darwin noted different species of finches in the Galapagos Islands. Evolutionists thought that these species have developed over the course of up to 5,000,000 years. That time frame was not based on science, but on the belief that everything evolved from a common ancestor over the course of millions and millions of years. Real science involving observation has now shown that these different species likely developed over the course of a few hundred years.
Scientists may have had a hypothesis that it had taken 5,000,000 years at some point in time, but thankfully science (unlike religion) is self-correcting. By completing the scientific method and collecting data and experimenting, scientists quickly discovered that it had taken a rather short amount of time

But even a few hundred years is a very long time. Speciation can happen over the course of just a few generations.... a matter of several years. Sticklefish have speciated / rapidly adapted in a very short time period.
Indeed, but only in species (like your stickleback) with extremely short generational times. Find me any mammal that speciates as quickly. Or just one that's even close

Another example of rapid speciation (creationist model) comes from a study of guppies in Trinidad. One of the researchers speaking from the evolutionary perspective says " ‘The guppies adapted to their new environment in a mere four years—a rate of change some 10,000 to 10 million times faster than the average rates determined from the fossil record" IE. He says that the actual observed rate does not match the evolutionary assumptions of million of years in the fossil record.
Again, another simple fish. Hardly surprising to science

Rapid changes are bewildering to evolutionists..... but make perfect sense in the creationist model. God created most things with a very polytypic genome ( programmed variation) . They can change and adapt to various situations because of the wide array of info in their DNA.
And the endless parade of misinformation continues

New Scientist 165 wrote:

Science Daily wrote:
"However, the results show that in many cases, species with eggs and tadpoles placed in water seem to give rise directly to species with direct development, without going through the many seemingly intermediate steps that were previously thought to be necessary "

Bird species changes fast but without genetic differences (species-specific DNA markers)...
"Rapid phenotypic evolution during incipient speciation in a continental avian radiation" Proceedings of the Royal Society B.
The researchers suggest that the lack of genetic markers may mean the changes in these birds happened so fast that the genes haven't had a chance to catch up yet!!!!
I've yet to hear anything that presents a problem for evolutionary theory. In fact, many of these things you use as evidenced against evolution were predicted by the theory.

That's a few of the many examples of adaptation and speciation that support the Biblical model, contradicting the evolutionist model of slow gradual change over millions of years."
Sure they do :chuckle:

I thought you'd come up with something challenging for me to examine in a post so long. Something to make me think, or make me do some research. But no, you just recycle the same defeated arguments

6days

Greg Jennings said:
But no, you just recycle the same defeated arguments

It isn't surprising that you deny evidence of how organisms can adapt to various environments rapidly Greg. The evidence is consistent with Biblical creation.*And contrary to your claim, mammals also can adapt and change rapidly. (Ask any breeder).*

But that wasn't really the point. You had made a strawman argument ...attributing a argument to me which i had never made, correct?

iouae

New Scientist 165 wrote:

Science Daily wrote:

Nice post.

One reason animals adapt so fast is their ability to turn on or off, genes they already possess.
Cichlids adapt so fast because they have a double set of genes.

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/howgeneswork/geneonoff

"Can genes be turned on and off in cells?
Each cell expresses, or turns on, only a fraction of its genes. The rest of the genes are repressed, or turned off. The process of turning genes on and off is known as gene regulation. Gene regulation is an important part of normal development. Genes are turned on and off in different patterns during development to make a brain cell look and act different from a liver cell or a muscle cell, for example. Gene regulation also allows cells to react quickly to changes in their environments. Although we know that the regulation of genes is critical for life, this complex process is not yet fully understood.
Gene regulation can occur at any point during gene expression, but most commonly occurs at the level of transcription (when the information in a gene’s DNA is transferred to mRNA). Signals from the environment or from other cells activate proteins called transcription factors. These proteins bind to regulatory regions of a gene and increase or decrease the level of transcription. By controlling the level of transcription, this process can determine the amount of protein product that is made by a gene at any given time."

Greg Jennings

It isn't surprising that you deny evidence of how organisms can adapt to various environments rapidly Greg. The evidence is consistent with Biblical creation.*And contrary to your claim, mammals also can adapt and change rapidly. (Ask any breeder).*
I was unaware that animals in the wild are able to artificially select themselves. Oh that's right.....they can't.......because they need breeders to do that for them...

Well...so much for that "point" of yours. That's okay though. You've never let pesky facts get in the way of your outlandish claims before, so I doubt they'll affect you now. I look forward to your next recycled, several-times-refuted-by-several-different-users "argument"

But that wasn't really the point. You had made a strawman argument ...attributing a argument to me which i had never made, correct?
As I said at the very top of my last post, I asked you a question. It wasn't an accusation. Yell strawman all you want, but a simple "No, I did not say that" would've sufficed

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well it did predict that all from around the world would simultaneously see the 2 witnesses rise from the dead thus predicting TV.

Rev 11

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Dear iouae,

I know you won't believe or know how to process this, but the Lord reassured me that I am one of these two witnesses, two olive trees and two candlesticks standing before the God of the whole earth. I know you feel it too coincidental, especially me finding this theology site and me being on this theology site. It is the perfect way for me to prophecy and I'm thankful that God provided it in this specific time. I've written a book that contains some of the experiences that have happened to me. President Obama and the President of Israel both have copies of my book. What I say to others torments them to a degree, but only that ones that I speak against. Well, I can't bear witness of myself because you won't believe me. So God will have to bear witness of me instead. I still share the 'testimony' {as a witness} of all that has happened to me from God and angels, and the Holy Ghost. A lot of it is in my book, iouae, but you've never read it. If you want to, PM me and give me your home address, and I will send you a free, autographed copy, along with some proof pages, like God's sign of snow that He sent for me so the NY reporter would know that God was with me. You don't know hardly anything about me, because I don't share much on this Thread. It will cost me around $15 to send you my book, but for you, I'll gladly do it. The book costs me $9 from the publisher, because I'm the owner of it. The book sells at Barnes & Noble, and Amazon.com for $14.95. That's $5 more per copy for someone to buy it. Plus I have to pay for postage and copying of my Proof Pages. For you, I'll do it. I only have 5 copies of my book that I can give away. You don't know me well at all iouae, because I don't share many things on this thread. But there is more to me than meets the eye. Why do you think this thread is huge? God is with me and God helps to write the thread through me. And all of you contribute to a successful, long thread. It's God's Will. But if it died 2morrow, it wouldn't matter. At least it was successful and I got to share some of my testimony with you all. Where do you think I come up with the secrets I know?? Okay, I'll drop it for now. Just letting you know. And no, I do not know who the other witness is. That is God's trump card. An angel told me that I would die in Phoenix, and it is the Valley of Megiddo, {Armageddon}. The city, Phoenix, is named after a mythological Egyptian bird. That's why it says in Rev. 11:8 that this city will be 'spiritually' like Sodom and EGYPT. It has the same desert climate here as Egypt, with the palm trees, and similar flora and fauna, and dust storms {called haboobs in Arabic}. I can't go on any more. This is too long and you'll just think I'm nuts and won't believe me. Enough for now. By the way, my name means "Who is like God?" It is as a praise of God. My last name, "Cadre" means "a nucleus around which a large army is built." In Arabic it means, someone who calls the people to prayer time. {Kadri}. My grandfather's last name was Kadri, but they changed it to Americanize it to Cadry. You don't know tons about me at all, iouae. None of you do, to be honest.

May God Bless Your Heart And Soul,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This says all folks around the globe see them die, rejoice, see them lay around 3 days, see them rise. Predicted at a time horses were the fastest thing for conveying news.

Dear iouae,

That's 3 and 1/2 days. Yes. And God will put life {their spirits} back into their bodies and they shall rise to Heaven. And in that same hour, there shall be a great earthquake, more than ever since man has been on Earth. You'll see. I know it sounds far-fetched, but some of you seem to think God is far-fetched, so what is new? There's so much I know that I could tell you all, but I keep it all to myself, waiting for that time when God shall show you. Go ahead and mock me or think I'm wrong, but you shall see it with your own eyes. You'll notice that Jesus was dead for 3 days, but it was not 36 hours, but rather 3pm on Friday until early Sunday morning. These two witnesses shall have to undergo going to hell for 3 and 1/2 days, to be tested by hell fire and the devil, and overcome hell and death. Then they shall come back to life. This is a thing purposed by God and it SHALL be!!

Praise The Lord,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Its a reference to Dan 7

2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.

3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

All of the successive world ruling kingdoms come together in one world ruling beast having if you count the highlighted heads, 7 heads and 10 horns.

The 10 horns = 10 toes of the statue = 10 end-time kings over the final world-ruling empire over which the Beast finally rules.

Dear iouae,

Note also the following post that I had blogged. I don't want to have to retype it all. It concerns this beast with 7 heads {seven deadly sins} and ten horns. Read below:

Spiritually Like Babylon!
Posted April 28th, 2015 at 09:19 PM by MichaelCadry
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this great whore beast is actually a city (see Rev. 17:18) "And the woman you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the whole earth." I was told by an angel that this city was Hollywood/L.A. specifically that was the great whore and was spiritually like Babylon, for all of the male and female whores on the Sunset Strip alone. And they sell their bodies for money for food and a place to stay. For they go there and everything is too expensive, and they have no way to get food except to get some kind of job if they can find one, or sell whatever they have, in some cases, too often, their bodies. It is a Great Shame. And the seven kings mentioned are sins that the devil has control over, i.e., 'lust', greed, adultery, lying, murder, etc. The seven deadly sins. The additional three kings are different sins the devil has too, and the little one that came up afterwards. These three include alcoholism, drug addiction, etc. The little one that comes up, I know the details about, but you aren't ready for it, most likely, considering where you're at now anyway. The great whore though, it not some real weird animal. It clearly says it is a City! And the angel told me that this whore (city) teaches the rest of the world to follow after her ways, like I said before, (murder, adultery, etc.) through the city's movies, TV shows, magazines, books, media (games and toys . . . violence), etc. That does not mean ALL movies, etc. Some are of course, good!!

That's enough for now. It's the truth whether you can believe I was visited by an angel, or not. This is only partially what I've learned.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So Michael you aren't interested in the possibility of an interesting explanation for these fascinating tales of the natural world?

You feel you have to jump straight in with a dismissive goddidit? Without even thinking whether there might be an actual explanation?

Alwight has legendary patience in casting all these pearls before you Michael. Your responses to him confirm to me that christianity is the art of actively not knowing.

Of course you could try to give the mechanism by which your goddidit, but you haven't tried, and alwight has given the known mechanism for how it actually happens.

Christianity: an excuse for not knowing.

Stuart

Dear Stuart,

I believe that God puts it into the bee's brain{s} what to do. Then they act accordingly. What were you expecting??

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Very kind.

In the 1 in 15 billion chance that I will face your god (I'm grossly overestimating that for the sake of conversation) I will ask it why it killed Uzzah, who was only trying to help steady the Ark of the Covenant on the back of the cart. I will ask it what right it could ever have to judge me if that's it's attitude to my fellow humans.

Wouldn't you like to know the answer to that too? Wouldn't you like to know how innocent Amalekites of all ages and dispositions were worthy of being slaughtered en masse? Wouldn't you like to know how it is right to take away the responsibility of humans for their actions by having an ancient Jew executed by the Romans?

I'd ask that...and more!

Indeed we do. East Cape in the North Island is the first mainland point to see the first sunrise of 2016.

Stuart

Dear Stuu,

Trying to explain to you what God's intentions are is probably useless. You judge errant. God knows what He's doing. And yes, you will face Him. He does not have to face all of those who believe in Him. Only to condemn the ones who didn't believe Him. That's a lot less souls to have to converse with. He did the right thing having Jesus on Earth to be an example for us all to live. His Ways are above yours, Stuu.

I'm glad you are so close to January 1st!! I'm looking forward to 2016. See how it goes. It's going to be a shaky roller-coaster ride, I'll bet!!

Best Wishes,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, I don't actually belief any of that Michael because I know that evidentially creatures have evolved traits by natural selection and Darwinian evolution. I also know that bees have adapted their behaviour to suit the local conditions, simply because those that didn't... perished.
All of that is evidentially true in the natural world.
What you propose is only your assertions of truth simply because you want a kindly, caring and involved God to be micromanaging the world, but clearly with all the competition, death and cruelty that really exists in the wild then for me that seems highly unlikely, to say the least.

African bees are known to be more aggressive because they have to be to compete, while Asian bees have to deal with aggressive hornets. European and probably many North American bees are kept and protected in hives by humans who just don't keep aggressive bees. Yes even insects have to be adapted to their local environment, or die, that's just how it is.
You can't demonstrate to me that somehow God has chosen to favour bees over hornets. Life goes on by competing with other life and the survivors are those we see today, not those you think are protected by God for some reason.

Good luck to you Michael but trust me, Darwinian evolution is often quite simple in principle but sometimes the details are often complex, bizarre, heartless and cruel. I anyway sense no caring involved supernatural divinity is running the show. :nono:

Dear alwight,

There are some evil little creatures out there, but it is an eat or get eaten world out there sometimes. The serpent was sentenced to become a snake by the Lord in the Garden of Eden. Remember, "upon thy belly thou shalt go, and lick the dust..." The Lord took away his legs. You see how a praying mantis eats her damn mate after they have sex? And the same with the black widow!! Some creatures are just out to please themselves.

By the way, we have killer bees in Arizona and in Phoenix. Beekeepers are sometimes called to dismantle their hives, which are Huge!! Alwight, I'm growing tired, so I'd best get to bed. It's always pleasant to chat with you!

Many Blessings For You,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cobra-locust.jpg

Rev 9

7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

Dear iouae,

As it was told to me by an angel, these passages have to deal with fuel/gas/oil prices skyrocketing years ago when it first happened. It believe it was in the 80s, maybe even 1985. The 'locust swarms' had the faces of men. So they were men with long hair, like a lot of men have long hair now. But these men were the Arabs who controlled the flow and prices of oil/gas. On their heads were crowns like gold because they were filthy rich from what they were doing. They had breastplates of iron because they were unstoppable and there was nothing and no arrows to shoot, that would keep them from hurting people/men. And their sting was like a scorpion sting to the hearts and wallets of people/men. And it bothered men for 5 months until they got used to gas being $2-$3 a gallon. It was torture, these invincible, long-haired men, like a swarm in all of the Arab oil countries, to the rest of the U.S.

This is the true meaning of what was in the 'vision' of faces of men and hair like women. Look at some rock groups and you will also see men with hair long like women's. You are using your own imagination to explain things that are written in the Bible, but you've had no epiphany. I've noticed this on a few posts of yours, also including the beast with ten heads, and a little one {No. 11}. I won't go into it now, but I'll explain it later probably. Enough for now. Thanks for listening and posting.

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear iouae,

I know you won't believe or know how to process this, but the Lord reassured me that I am one of these two witnesses, two olive trees and two candlesticks standing before the God of the whole earth. I know you feel it too coincidental, especially me finding this theology site and me being on this theology site. It is the perfect way for me to prophecy and I'm thankful that God provided it in this specific time. I've written a book that contains some of the experiences that have happened to me. President Obama and the President of Israel both have copies of my book. What I say to others torments them to a degree, but only that ones that I speak against. Well, I can't bear witness of myself because you won't believe me. So God will have to bear witness of me instead. I still share the 'testimony' {as a witness} of all that has happened to me from God and angels, and the Holy Ghost. A lot of it is in my book, iouae, but you've never read it. If you want to, PM me and give me your home address, and I will send you a free, autographed copy, along with some proof pages, like God's sign of snow that He sent for me so the NY reporter would know that God was with me. You don't know hardly anything about me, because I don't share much on this Thread. It will cost me around $15 to send you my book, but for you, I'll gladly do it. The book costs me $9 from the publisher, because I'm the owner of it. The book sells at Barnes & Noble, and Amazon.com for $14.95. That's $5 more per copy for someone to buy it. Plus I have to pay for postage and copying of my Proof Pages. For you, I'll do it. I only have 5 copies of my book that I can give away. You don't know me well at all iouae, because I don't share many things on this thread. But there is more to me than meets the eye. Why do you think this thread is huge? God is with me and God helps to write the thread through me. And all of you contribute to a successful, long thread. It's God's Will. But if it died 2morrow, it wouldn't matter. At least it was successful and I got to share some of my testimony with you all. Where do you think I come up with the secrets I know?? Okay, I'll drop it for now. Just letting you know. And no, I do not know who the other witness is. That is God's trump card. An angel told me that I would die in Phoenix, and it is the Valley of Megiddo, {Armageddon}. The city, Phoenix, is named after a mythological Egyptian bird. That's why it says in Rev. 11:8 that this city will be 'spiritually' like Sodom and EGYPT. It has the same desert climate here as Egypt, with the palm trees, and similar flora and fauna, and dust storms {called haboobs in Arabic}. I can't go on any more. This is too long and you'll just think I'm nuts and won't believe me. Enough for now. By the way, my name means "Who is like God?" It is as a praise of God. My last name, "Cadre" means "a nucleus around which a large army is built." In Arabic it means, someone who calls the people to prayer time. {Kadri}. My grandfather's last name was Kadri, but they changed it to Americanize it to Cadry. You don't know tons about me at all, iouae. None of you do, to be honest.

May God Bless Your Heart And Soul,

Michael

Dear iouae,

I should have known that my post above would be too much for you to digest. Now you know why I keep some things to myself. Oh, I have a few other secrets that would really surprise/shock you. Are you feeling tormented by the testimony I give as a witness to what I've seen and heard from the Lord and angels, and in visions. Probably, Yes!

Don't let it all get to you too much. Stuff happens. It's really nice that God helped man devise this computer and internet, and website, so I could talk freely without going to preach to every country and city. I talk to people in Ireland, England, Australia, New Zealand too, etc. My website and Twitter reaches many, many people. Like I said, you don't know much about all that I am doing and have experienced over the latter years. But now, we are in the latter 'days.' Any time now!! I "yearn" for Jesus' "return." Isn't that a nice poem/slogan? Well, enough for now. Don't feel tormented by what I say to you. If you want, I can tell you how to get to my website and download a copy of my book for FREE. My book is also in the Downtown Phoenix Library. Do you know how hard it is to get on their shelves?? The screening process is difficult.

God Is Great!! Praise His Handiwork In The Universe And On Earth!!

Michael

Stuu

I believe that God puts it into the bee's brain{s} what to do. Then they act accordingly. What were you expecting??
I expect, given that you are not trained in science and you identify as christian, that you will have little motivation to go any deeper than goddidit.

I think I set higher standards for myself than that, as an atheist with some knowledge of science.

Believing things that are actually true is important to me. Even if I don't necessarily like those facts.

You don't like evolution by natural selection, even though it is true, because you would rather believe something that fits with other things you like to believe are true.

Christianity is quite an egocentric belief system.

Stuart

Stuu

Trying to explain to you what God's intentions are is probably useless. You judge errant. God knows what He's doing. And yes, you will face Him. He does not have to face all of those who believe in Him. Only to condemn the ones who didn't believe Him. That's a lot less souls to have to converse with. He did the right thing having Jesus on Earth to be an example for us all to live. His Ways are above yours, Stuu.
What do you think your god will say to me about Uzzah? How do you think that will be explained? Uzzah was only trying to help, and he was instantly smitten. Isn't it a bit strange that a god would set up expectations that we help one another, and then out of the blue it turns out there was an exception that said 'but don't touch the Ark of the Covenant, even if it's falling off the cart'? Doesn't that strike you as massively unjust?

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you've never said that we should be able to have seen species change naturally since the theory of evolution was formulated?

Dear Greg,

Yes, I have to butt in here. We should definitely be able to see chimps morphing into humans at many different levels. I mean, if it happened in the past, it should be happening consistently and we would see half ape-half man, etc. {Or 1/4 chimp and 3/4 man}. For all of this evolution, why don't we see this evolution in the actual process happening around us. Why don't we have evolution visible to us. Did evolution just quit happening for some reason or should we be able to see it still happening in our lifetimes. What about a face that is half monkey-half man? Or 1/4 and 3/4. I'm not saying it has to be 1/2 and 1/2. We should see this evolutionary process with our own eyes as these animals morph?? Why don't we see a whale in the process of graduating to a land animal. Why wouldn't we see many instances of all of these things and this evolution in our lifetimes, which is like 70 years. We should see them in 1 day or week. Every creature and being, and plants should be constantly in the process of changing into what is claimed about them. There's not a reason that they only morphed back then, but they all don't anymore. Do you understand what I'm saying, by any chance? Why shouldn't we see evolution taking place right now and then with our own eyes and minds. It's just not happening. There are no whales becoming buffaloes or whatever. We don't see these processes of 'evolution' happening around us now at all. So what is being said is everything evolved back whenever, but now the evolving has declined? This whole idea is preposterous!! You can't even understand or see clearly what I am saying or you would be convinced. Let's go to Mike's house and party. He is 1/3 chimp/ape and 2/3 man, so he has many friends in different stages of changing/ morphing/ evolving. Do you understand how silly it all is? Have a pet spider monkey and watch him start to quit growing his tail, or his face starting to have no hair on it, and it is starting to look like a human. I quit. There is no easy way to explain the holes in this evolution nonsense. Enough for now.

Praise The Lord,

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :rapture:

TheDuke

When you recover your usual sunny personality Duke, I would like to continue the discussion since I think you do have a good background in science.

I think pigs have a greater chance of evolving wings and flying than that anyone change their mind on this discussion.
And your arguments were not even that good, so I don't know why you are so sore.

Oh Iouae,

You just don't get it.
It's not you personally I'm upset with, it's all people like yourself who are collectively known as creationists.

The chances of anyone changing their mind are indeed slim. And that's the regrettable point that aggravates me.

Because the more I read this thread the more I'm beginning to realize just how hopeless the situation is.

When I joined, I honestly thought you're just misinformed or misled and some simple facts and open questions will do the trick. But now I'm confronted by such a degree of indoctrination where it simply appears pointless to argue at all.

For instance, the vast overwhelming majority of christians in the entire world gladly accept evolution as it is. They incorporate it into their religious world view (aka theistic evolution). But such a step is only possible when a person has both a high degree of confidence in their religious faith and a scientifically sound basic education.

I can't tell whichever you are missing. Maybe both......

Though as you know, I don't believe in any gods, and I have splendid reasons not to. The purpose of this discussion is not about changing anyone's faith, but rather to reach a reasonable consensus about the role evolution has to play in life on this planet.

If you are curious enough, let me know, and I'll give you a list of where your understanding in wrong, but the past experience has taught me not to hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.