Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Jennings

But your big day may still come. If it does, we may have more to worry about. But that isn't ever going to happen. Christ will return. We all should be more concerned about that. Many probably will think it IS ET attacking earth.

Let's pretend I share your sentiment that evolution has failed because it predicts life on other planets and we've yet to find any.

By the same logic, Christianity has failed because it predicts Christ will return and that has yet to happen.

Greg Jennings

You have evidence of one kind changing into another. Why have you been holding back?

"Kinds"? No. That would take hundreds of millennia minimum according to evolutionary theory in large eukaryotes.

At least there's no direct observation. We have myriad examples of transitional fossils showing the change from fish to amphibian, reptile to mammal, reptile to bird, and so on. But without a time machine it'll be tough to directly observe something that happens over several million years

iouae

Let's pretend I share your sentiment that evolution has failed because it predicts life on other planets and we've yet to find any.

By the same logic, Christianity has failed because it predicts Christ will return and that has yet to happen.

Well it did predict that all from around the world would simultaneously see the 2 witnesses rise from the dead thus predicting TV.

Rev 11

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Greg Jennings

Well it did predict that all from around the world would simultaneously see the 2 witnesses rise from the dead thus predicting TV.

Rev 11

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

You don't think that's just a bit of a stretch? As a prediction, that makes Nostradamus's look truly prophetic by comparison

alwight

You are making excuses for why ET does not call home.

I am detecting excuses for why evolutions one and only major prediction has failed so far.

But your big day may still come. If it does, we may have more to worry about. But that isn't ever going to happen. Christ will return. We all should be more concerned about that. Many probably will think it IS ET attacking earth.
Just as we can now probe deeper and deeper into space it seems that an intelligent ET has rather gone from our back door and even from this particular section of our galaxy.
When the unknown exists close by then we are free to fill up the void with all kinds of strange imaginings and things that go bump in the night.
As we gain better knowledge then perhaps we shouldn't still cling on to some of the ancient myths and legends of our more ill-informed past? :plain:

Greg Jennings

This says all folks around the globe see them die, rejoice, see them lay around 3 days, see them rise. Predicted at a time horses were the fastest thing for conveying news.

So in this scenario, everyone in the world is glued to their TVs for three straight days staring at dead people? How could motionless bodies captivate a global audience for more than a couple hours?

iouae

Rev 6
6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails:
and their power was to hurt men five months.

This is a 1st century person describing "iron" or metal planes or attack helicopters.

iouae

So in this scenario, everyone in the world is glued to their TVs for three straight days staring at dead people? How could motionless bodies captivate a global audience for more than a couple hours?

They have been trained by "Big Brother" and other reality shows.

They do other regular stuff too.

Greg Jennings

Rev 6
6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails:
and their power was to hurt men five months.

This is a 1st century person describing "iron" or metal planes or attack helicopters.

Now those boldened words I've seen as pretty compelling myself. It's hardly conclusive, but I do agree it seems like an ancient man's attempt to describe machinery he'd never seen. That being said, how the heck does a lion/woman/locust/horse describe a helicopter or plane?

A bit off-topic from the OP I suppose, but what do you make of the seven-headed beast? (Six or seven, I'm having a brain fart)

iouae

A bit off-topic from the OP I suppose, but what do you make of the seven-headed beast? (Six or seven, I'm having a brain fart)

Its a reference to Dan 7

2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.

3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

All of the successive world ruling kingdoms come together in one world ruling beast having if you count the highlighted heads, 7 heads and 10 horns.

The 10 horns = 10 toes of the statue = 10 end-time kings over the final world-ruling empire over which the Beast finally rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.