Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Given that he presented his arguments at an obscure creationist conference, rather than taking the time to write it up and send it to a prominent scientific journal, I'd say his chances of having any impact at all on science is about the same as it has been for creationism over the last century....zero.

Dear Jose Fly,

Creationists have plenty to offer this year and next year!! So what do you have to offer to enlighten us? Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to seem mean or anything. Of course, I care about your feelings! You're right. He should have put it all in a journal. I put my experiences in a book. The book has been in the downtown Phoenix Library since 2003. If it wasn't checked out by others, they would have removed it from their shelves. Now, they don't have my most recent Seventh Edition, which is online at my website. I will see what I can do about that soon. They have two different editions of my book on their shelves. My First Edition and my Fifth Edition. The person who is charge of that stuff is always busy, never at her desk, and I just get recordings to leave my info and she'll get back to me. I hate talking to phone machines, but I guess I am going to have to do it to correct the situation. My 7th Edition is quite different and it is the one that you can get free at my website online. If you're interested, follow the directions here: Go to: www.jesusreturningverysoon.com

Once there, you will need to go to "Book Copy" {on the left side} and left-click on it. Then click on "SKU-text2.pdf."

The Title Pages of the book will come up. The first two pages are blank for autographs or notes, but the third page says the name of the book, "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen," by Michael W. Cadry.

You can flip through the pages of the book by using your up and down arrow cursor keys. Give it a shot, Jose. Couldn't hurt. You seem to be good at reading and this book is an easy read. It has 88 pages, but the pages are small and double-spaced. It takes about two hours to read it all at once. I've been told that it is a very good book. Okay, I'll get going now. If you'd rather get it from Amazon.com or Barnes&Noble, it is like $15 and they have to order it, so it will take a couple days to get it. It's also FREE at the downtown Phoenix Public Library, where people who live in Phoenix or so, like AMR, can read a copy from the Library.

Okay, I've got to get going. Sorry that this is so lengthy.

May God Be With You!!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :guitar:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear alwight,

How's life treating you lately? I hope that you are doing fine and that you are joyful. I just love my new used car. It's loaded with amenities, which I am loving! I'm hitting the big 6-0 on my birthday on Oct. 12th. Hey, are you good as a cook? If you only have you to cook for, it might be a bit cheaper to just eat fast food. We had Chinese the other day. I paid for it all. I have Shrimp Egg Foo Young! It's my favorite. I wouldn't mind trying the duck though. I've made Duck Flambe a few times in the past. I put the duck on a rack with a deep pan under it to catch all of the fat. That's the trick to it. Then I serve it by pouring some Don Q 151 rum on it and light it up with a lighter. Then I serve it flaming on the table. My Dad just loved it. He was quite impressed. That's what my Mom told me. Do you miss your parents?? I sure do. My Mom died when she was only 61. Talk about prematurely. It was really hard on me. I lost a chunk out of my heart after that.

Will PM you soon. Looks like everyone is gone out partying on a Sat. night. I would, but I'm not into it anymore, especially the drinking. I don't like it because it's harder to not smoke then. Both of my roommates smoke. One cigs and one, a pipe. Larry only smokes his pipe outside. Bill smokes cigs inside or outside. I can handle it most of the time.

Well Buddy, I should get going for now. Always take good care of yourself!!

Cheerio, Matey!!

Michael

DavisBJ

A tiff in the Yorz household?

A tiff in the Yorz household?

TheDuke said:
… 2) What influence does the time of reproduction in the lifecycle of an organism have on the rate of mutation, that makes you think it matters?
In Yorzhik’s response:
… Because of substitution costs. Again, J. B. S. Haldane and his dilemma.

Actually, the fact that you didn't know this is an indictment against your ability to be qualified to speak on the topic.
I was a little surprised to see the way Yorzhik responded. Sounds suspiciously like maybe there was a Mr. vs. Mrs. Yorz disagreement, and Yorz was looking for a target to vent on.

Anyway, in TheDuke’s questions I don’t see what prompted the “you must be ignorant” type putdown that Yorz came back with. I occasionally ask questions for a number of reasons. Sometimes I honestly don’t know something, so I will ask a question. Sometimes I already know the answer to a question I pose, but I think asking the question will force the other person to articulate their side, and in so doing they will start to see the problem. Sometimes I simply want clarification.

Interplanner

JoseFly wrote:
Originally Posted by Jose Fly View Post
Given that he presented his arguments at an obscure creationist conference, rather than taking the time to write it up and send it to a prominent scientific journal, I'd say his chances of having any impact at all on science is about the same as it has been for creationism over the last century....zero.

Please note how "open" modern science is. In the 1920s a prominent geologist Bretz was at his peak, showing that Lake Missoula was indicating catastrophism all over 6 states/provinces of the northwest north America. He was published in major geologic journals.

By the mid 1930s, Bretz has been purged by the USGS doctrine that he must be "rejected on general principles." We live in a dictatorship. We live in an authoritiarian, centralized state. This has been going on since Huxley bulldozed Darwin to say what Huxley wanted to say. We live in a time when the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution strike great fear in the hearts of statists because the real authority is direct communication with the God of the Bible. So the "general principles" of the USGS (a mathematical branch of the centralized state) are actually deliberately imposed "science" of one view--the closed system of natural causes and effects.

In 1968, UW geology student S. Austin was told not to pursue catastrophism or he wouldn't have a career.

The reason you find a marginalized creation science conference is due to this centralized dictatorship, spirited specifically by T. Huxley, and propelled legally by the 1869 president of Harvard and his appointee to Harvard Law, Langdell.

DavisBJ

JoseFly wrote:
Originally Posted by Jose Fly View Post

Please note how "open" modern science is. In the 1920s a prominent geologist Bretz was at his peak, showing that Lake Missoula was indicating catastrophism all over 6 states/provinces of the northwest north America. He was published in major geologic journals.

By the mid 1930s, Bretz has been purged by the USGS doctrine that he must be "rejected on general principles." We live in a dictatorship. We live in an authoritiarian, centralized state. This has been going on since Huxley bulldozed Darwin to say what Huxley wanted to say. We live in a time when the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution strike great fear in the hearts of statists because the real authority is direct communication with the God of the Bible. So the "general principles" of the USGS (a mathematical branch of the centralized state) are actually deliberately imposed "science" of one view--the closed system of natural causes and effects.

In 1968, UW geology student S. Austin was told not to pursue catastrophism or he wouldn't have a career.

The reason you find a marginalized creation science conference is due to this centralized dictatorship, spirited specifically by T. Huxley, and propelled legally by the 1869 president of Harvard and his appointee to Harvard Law, Langdell.
You are one of the more radical conspiracy theorists I have seen of late. Scientists, just like all people, make missteps, but in your view those are sinister plots originated by Huxley over a hundred years ago, and now being perpetuated by the biggest intellectual fraud in history.

I take comfort in knowing that there is another very important factor that helps decide what the truth is as regarding science, and that is nature itself. Any scientist, or group of scientists, who decide to disregard what the evidence is eventually reap their reward – failures as scientists.

You may claim that is what the mainstream scientists have done – been misled into beliefs at variance with the data. Except … those scientists annually publish literally thousands of studies replete with the exact data that supports their position.

Keep up the creationist conference comedy show. Makes entertaining reading.

alwight

Dear alwight,

How's life treating you lately? I hope that you are doing fine and that you are joyful. I just love my new used car. It's loaded with amenities, which I am loving! I'm hitting the big 6-0 on my birthday on Oct. 12th. Hey, are you good as a cook? If you only have you to cook for, it might be a bit cheaper to just eat fast food. We had Chinese the other day. I paid for it all. I have Shrimp Egg Foo Young! It's my favorite. I wouldn't mind trying the duck though. I've made Duck Flambe a few times in the past. I put the duck on a rack with a deep pan under it to catch all of the fat. That's the trick to it. Then I serve it by pouring some Don Q 151 rum on it and light it up with a lighter. Then I serve it flaming on the table. My Dad just loved it. He was quite impressed. That's what my Mom told me. Do you miss your parents?? I sure do. My Mom died when she was only 61. Talk about prematurely. It was really hard on me. I lost a chunk out of my heart after that.
Hi Michael,
I'm not usually the joyful type tbh, it's just how I am I guess.
My mother died earlier this year aged 91 which has left me at a loose end at the moment, my Dad died about ten years ago, but that's life I suppose. ;)
I think I may have poisoned myself with my own "cooking" more than once before now.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
i'm ok Michael, thanks for asking -

Dear patrick jane,

I wasn't leaving you out. I was inviting my Atheist/Agnostic friends to post here. Plus 6days, whom I am close with a lot. We've been friends since before you ever were on TOL. Don't feel like I didn't include you!!

When are you going to get a PM box? Ask Knight, or one of the mods. It's quite inconvenient that you don't have one. I'm willing to wait though.

God Be With You Always!!

Michael

:angel: :cloud9: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :spam:
I'm getting hungry!! I want a Spam sandwich!!

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Michael,
I'm not usually the joyful type tbh, it's just how I am I guess.
My mother died earlier this year aged 91 which has left me at a loose end at the moment, my Dad died about ten years ago, but that's life I suppose. ;)
I think I may have poisoned myself with my own "cooking" more than once before now.

Dear Alwight,

I'm so sorry that your Mum passed away. I had no idea. Why didn't you tell me when it happened? That's important news!! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad too. I do suppose it's still hard to talk about your Mother.

So you almost poisoned yourself with your own cooking. Try pouring some bleach over your duck and light it up. Eat and enjoy!! LOL!!! Al, you make me feel hungry. I made Stuffed Green Peppers 2nite. I'm going to have one in a bit. I haven't had one yet. I fell asleep and missed the eclipse, and everything!! I am so bummed!! But I'm joyful too, so I guess I'll get over it.

Will chat with you shortly! I'm going to go microwave one. I also made meatballs with the leftover meat that I couldn't fit into the green peppers. I made 6 of them. 2 for each of us.

Much Love And Blessings, alwight!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Friends,

For You:

Surprising Facts About Lunar Eclipses

As the full moon shines in the night sky tonight (Sept. 27), it will pass through Earth's shadow in a total lunar eclipse.

You can watch the lunar eclipse in a webcast by the Slooh Community Observatory. You can also see the total lunar eclipse webcast on Space.com, courtesy of Slooh.

As you watch and enjoy the total eclipse of the Harvest Full Moon, read on below to see about this shady little drama that might surprise you. [Tonight's Total Lunar Eclipse: When and How to See It]

How often do lunar eclipses happen?

During the 21st century, there are 85 total lunar eclipses; a specific geographical location on the surface of the Earth will be able to see an average 40 to 45 total lunar eclipses or about one about every 2.3 years. Contrast this to a total eclipse of the sun, which, as seen from a specific geographic location occurs on an average of once every 375 years.

The reason for the large disparity is simple. In order to see a total eclipse of the sun, you must be fortuitously positioned along the path of the moon’s dark shadow (the umbra) which might extend for many thousands of miles, but cannot be any wider than 167 miles in diameter. In contrast, the region of visibility for a total lunar eclipse extends to more than half of the Earth allowing billions to partake. © Ethan Miller/Getty Images The moon is shown during a brief total eclipse, the shortest one this century, as it skims the Earth's shadow on April 4, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

With Love From God And Me!!

Michael

TheDuke

I don't know how you know he is not a biologist; the entire 30 mins was spent with microscopic slides of C. elegantis. In my view, if he was a philosopher, he would have spent far more time on a wide range of evidence of "Murphy's Law"--if things can break down at all, they will. Not just C. e.

It is far more likely that most people in the evolution industry 1, don't do philosophy at all because no one has ever talked them through what it implies for life in a wholistic sense. That stopped when T. Huxley emotionally badgered Darwin. Scientists will run for miles if they can avoid such things.

2, don't ever operate mentally out of the pristine, laboratory confines of a 'closed system of natural cause and effect' or 'naturalistic uniformitarianism.' This is why even Dr. H. Ross (a type of theistic evolutionist) was pretty bad at refuting the question of 'would this item (this stone, galaxy, magnetic field) look like this if it had been there millions of years?' There are many places and things where we can go see things that are known to be about 10K old, yet we are told by doctrinaire scientists that they are millions. But more to the point, the average person can go look and see what's going on.

One early example I remember of this was hearing about the physical appearance and altitude of the peaks of Patagonia. Not only do they not look millions old, they don't look like they were "placed" there (to use a metaphor on the unresolved issue of whether they drifted slowly or were quickly rammed in place in a deluge) at 1/4" per year during those millions. Instead they look like they were rammed there pretty quickly at speeds of about 50 mph.

2A, and then there are programs like NPRs "Nature" last night titled "A World of Misfits." The misfits are maybe clowns of evolution because they shouldn't be there. They all had features that made them slow or easily attacked and killed. Yet here they are still thriving. Among the examples are mudskimmers in Japan, hogmoles in NZ, penguins on the S NZ that live in a tropical forest (the parents leave helpless chicks all day to get food), black footed albatross. All not exactly the survival of the fittest.

Oh Interplanner,

How I missed your generous distribution of red herrings (if you know what that means).

I looked up his credentials - that's how I know what he actually has a phd in.

Your last example is hilarious, that's precisely what survival of the fittest is all about. It's not a matter of speed, strength or the such, but the combination of all characteristics that contribute to survival.

If you personally cannot even comprehend such a central law of evolution, how do you expect to understand the entire thing???

TheDuke

Your beneficial mutations do not help your common decent narrative. See J. B. S. Haldane and his dilemma.

Because of substitution costs. Again, J. B. S. Haldane and his dilemma.

Actually, the fact that you didn't know this is an indictment against your ability to be qualified to speak on the topic.

Yes, you have consensus on your side; but not science.

I honestly have not the slightest idea what you're talking about.
Do you presume to have understood the work of Haldane or are you just repeating what someone else told you?

Whose consensus do you think is on my side, if not that of science :)

TheDuke

TheDuke said:

In Yorzhik’s response:

I was a little surprised to see the way Yorzhik responded. Sounds suspiciously like maybe there was a Mr. vs. Mrs. Yorz disagreement, and Yorz was looking for a target to vent on.

Anyway, in TheDuke’s questions I don’t see what prompted the “you must be ignorant” type putdown that Yorz came back with. I occasionally ask questions for a number of reasons. Sometimes I honestly don’t know something, so I will ask a question. Sometimes I already know the answer to a question I pose, but I think asking the question will force the other person to articulate their side, and in so doing they will start to see the problem. Sometimes I simply want clarification.

Possibly, but I think it's more likely he just wanted to show off somehow...

Anyway, it was an interesting bit of info

Zeke

I gather that mollusc eyes are thought to have evolved quite separately and thus the difference in construction was just what happened, all rather interesting.
Human colour vision is apparently quite good but then I'm red green colour blind. :(

Is there conscience thought involved in this so called evolved theory? don't think about a response just let it evolve from you're hand after you cut it off!

alwight

Is there conscience thought involved in this so called evolved theory? don't think about a response just let it evolve from you're hand after you cut it off!
Please don't let your ignorance of Darwinian evolution and natural evidence stop you believing whatever it is you do. :plain:

DavisBJ

Was there conscience thought involved in this mindless comment you just made? Don't think about a response, just post more meaningless ramblings.

TheDuke

Please note how "open" modern science is.

We live in a dictatorship. We live in an authoritiarian, centralized state. This has been going on since Huxley bulldozed Darwin to say what Huxley wanted to say. We live in a time when the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution strike great fear in the hearts of statists because the real authority is direct communication with the God of the Bible.

Oh dear, so now you're a conspiracy theorist too. REALLY???

TheDuke

It means the weak die, sometimes? :)

The strong have a better chance of surviving, because they adapt based on pre-existing info in their genome ...programmed in by our Creator.

I don't think you've read the post I was replying to, so I recommend that you do.

But at least you accept evolution. :chuckle:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Jose Fly,

But creationists already have manuscripts of parts of the Bible, so that we can therefore send a copy of The Bible to a prominent scientific journal. What more do you want? Do you want super earthquakes, and tsunamis, tornadoes, blizzards colder than ever, landslides, volcano eruptions? Firefighters and police will be immobilized and not be able to reach most areas because of earthquake fault cracks, downed trees over the street, parts of homes and other buildings leveled and strewn onto the streets, also. I could go on a lot longer, because you do not know the visions that I've seen, nor have you been visited by 3 angels in the space of 3 weeks. That's only the beginning. Tons has happened to me and if you're interested, you can read it for FREE online or download to printer for a copy. The downtown Phoenix Library has a couple different editions of my book: The 1st and the 4th Editions.

The Seventh/last edition is available online. Go to:
www.jesusreturningverysoon.com

Once you are there, you will notice at the left of the picture of Jesus with the clouds, find the words, "Book Copy." Left-click on that. Then you'll see SKU-text2.pdf; Left-click that and you will be brought up to the Title Pages. There are two empty pages for autographs and reader's notes. The third page that comes up will say the Title of the book. It is called, "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen," by Michael W. Cadry. You can flip through the pages using your up and down arrow cursor keys. You can download a copy of my book and print it out on your printer. It is 88 pages long. Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com want $14.95 for the book, and they have to order it for you, which would take a few days. So Jose, your best is to read it on my website.

Okay, this is long. Will chat with you later!

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

I hope everything is going well with you this evening. I haven't been able to get on here for a couple of days or so, at least for any good length of time. Don't think that I deserted the ship. I will send you a PM tonight, because I've got to get going now. Good to catch you online!!

Much Love From Our Savior To You!!!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.