Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Apple7

So He had the Spirit upon baptism to you, but that wasn't His Spirit or the Spirit of GOD?

Scripture states that Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) at His Triune Baptism.

Why would He be anointed with Himself, according to your logic?

If He was conceived of the Holy Spirit then He had IT within Him from conception. It is odd to me how you can admit that He submitted wholly to GOD, but at the same time you claim He was GOD almighty as man. Or do you not think he was the fullness of GOD as man? Or that His status changed upon ascention?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

When was Jesus first recorded as being 'filled with the Holy Spirit'...?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
So He had the Spirit upon baptism to you, but that wasn't His Spirit or the Spirit of GOD? If He was conceived of the Holy Spirit then He had IT within Him from conception. It is odd to me how you can admit that He submitted wholly to GOD, but at the same time you claim He was GOD almighty as man. Or do you not think he was the fullness of GOD as man? Or that His status changed upon ascention?

Hi pops,

You know its a play on metaphysics, as some must have Jesus as both God and Man, and somehow surmise he is 100% of BOTH simultaneously. It matter not really apart from some relational sense, what aspect of part of God's spirit is within, upon or without Jesus, since 'God' is omnipresent anyways :)

If you want to split hairs,....we could say the orthodox Trinity has many different 'spirits' in its company, and Jesus human spirit must be joined in that 'bunch', but like all colours fade back into the white light of Source,....its all just different rays from one Central Sun, yes?

'God' is the one universal original Spirit from which all spirits spring and inhere within. There is only one infinite Spirit that contains and upholds all.

Injoy!

Apple7

Hi pops,

You know its a play on metaphysics, as some must have Jesus as both God and Man, and somehow surmise he is 100% of BOTH simultaneously. It matter not really apart from some relational sense, what aspect of part of God's spirit is within, upon or without Jesus, since 'God' is omnipresent anyways :)

If you want to split hairs,....we could say the orthodox Trinity has many different 'spirits' in its company, and Jesus human spirit must be joined in that 'bunch', but like all colours fade back into the white light of Source,....its all just different rays from one Central Sun, yes?

'God' is the one universal original Spirit from which all spirits spring and inhere within. There is only one infinite Spirit that contains and upholds all.

Injoy!

Too bad that you never use scripture to arrive at your conclusions.

popsthebuilder

Scripture states that Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) at His Triune Baptism.

Who ever said He was anointed with Himself but those who equate the material with the eternal?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth be told.......

Truth be told.......

Too bad that you never use scripture to arrive at your conclusions.

I dont need to in the case of discussing the logic, rational or philosophical aspects of Christian doctrine, as my commentary speaks for itself, if you wish to engage on various points therein. As far as using so called 'scripture',...there are dozens of christians and christian denominations that all use the 'scripture' but come to different 'interpretations' and 'conclusions', so I dont see much merit in professing a 'scriptural' backing to one's belief or doctrine. The universality of 'God' in nature, principle, archetypes, patterns and ethic, holds, whether you want to quote scriptures or not.

While on the thread-subject, I'll reiterate that none of the 'christians' on this site can claim or prove to be more 'christian' than JW's beyond their own opinion, based on whatever criteria is used to prove such.

Jesus always pointed one's worship to the one who sent him, the greater one...the Infinite ONE ALONE, who is 'God'. In this clear relation, Jesus is the agent, messenger, apostle and prophet of 'God', whose allegience includes respecting the Father-God of all, and doing his will. - that is the focus of the religious value and meaning of serving life's true purpose, NOT in the worship of an 'image' or 'concept' of 'God' which some forms of 'Trinitarianism' are seeming to equate to.

Apple7

I dont need to in the case of discussing the logic, rational or philosophical aspects of Christian doctrine, as my commentary speaks for itself, if you wish to engage on various points therein. As far as using so called 'scripture',...there are dozens of christians and christian denominations that all use the 'scripture' but come to different 'interpretations' and 'conclusions', so I dont see much merit in professing a 'scriptural' backing to one's belief or doctrine. The universality of 'God' in nature, principle, archetypes, patterns and ethic, holds, whether you want to quote scriptures or not.

You never could scripturally defend your worldview.

Thanks for predictably bowing-out yet again....

While on the thread-subject, I'll reiterate that none of the 'christians' on this site can claim or prove to be more 'christian' than JW's beyond their own opinion, based on whatever criteria is used to prove such.

It's a matter of scriptural definition, if you had been paying attention...and no, JW's are NOT Christian as defined by scripture, itself, independent of your willful denial of scripture.

Apple7

Jesus always pointed one's worship to the one who sent him, the greater one...the Infinite ONE ALONE, who is 'God'.

No.

There are numerous scriptural examples of Jesus, Himself, directly receiving worship.

In this clear relation, Jesus is the agent, messenger, apostle and prophet of 'God', whose allegience includes respecting the Father-God of all, and doing his will. - that is the focus of the religious value and meaning of serving life's true purpose, NOT in the worship of an 'image' or 'concept' of 'God' which some forms of 'Trinitarianism' are seeming to equate to

Jesus has hundreds of epithets in scripture, up to, and including, God.

Only the close-minded would hyper-focus on one of these attributes, to the exclusion of the others, like you do.

God's Truth

Jesus' spirit of a man is God's Spirit come as a man.

When Jesus was baptized, he received the Spirit of God with power.

God's Truth

Scripture?

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
'Power' & The Holy Spirit are the same thing.

True Triune worship was established at Jesus' Baptism.

No it is not the same thing. With power is about the ability to do signs and wonders.

Jesus received the Holy Spirit with power when he went to preach the gospel, and could do many signs and miracles.

Jesus baptized the apostles with power when they were sent to preach the gospel.

MennoSota

John 8
[58]Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I am!”
Exodus 3
[14]God replied to Moses, “I am who I am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.”
Nough said...

Apple7

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1 states absolutely nothing regarding 'The Word' nor 'The Father' being spirit.

John 1, however, declares that The Word was manifest in flesh in the OT past.

No it is not the same thing. With power is about the ability to do signs and wonders.

Scripture contains over 1000+ names and titles of The Triune God, and, 'Power of God' is absolutely an epithet for The Holy Spirit.

Jesus received the Holy Spirit with power when he went to preach the gospel, and could do many signs and miracles.

Jesus baptized the apostles with power when they were sent to preach the gospel.

The terms 'Power' and 'Holy Spirit' are used interchangeably, as witnessed in Jesus' very own incarnation.

Simple.

God's Truth

John 1 states absolutely nothing regarding 'The Word' nor 'The Father' being spirit.

John 1, however, declares that The Word was manifest in flesh in the OT past.
The scripture says the word was God.

Scripture contains over 1000+ names and titles of The Triune God, and, 'Power of God' is absolutely an epithet for The Holy Spirit.

The terms 'Power' and 'Holy Spirit' are used interchangeably, as witnessed in Jesus' very own incarnation.

Simple.

Jesus received the Holy Spirit with power before he started his earthly ministry.

Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to his apostles before Pentecost; but then on Pentecost they were given the Holy Spirit with power do their ministry.

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

Acts 18:1 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;

Acts 10:37 You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him. 39 We are witnesses of all that He did, both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. And although they put Him to death by hanging Him on a tree.

John 20:21 Again Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.” 22 When He had said this, He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Apple7

The scripture says the word was God.

But NOT The Spirit.

Jesus received the Holy Spirit with power before he started his earthly ministry.

Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to his apostles before Pentecost; but then on Pentecost they were given the Holy Spirit with power do their ministry.

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

Acts 18:1 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;

Acts 10:37 You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him. 39 We are witnesses of all that He did, both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. And although they put Him to death by hanging Him on a tree.

John 20:21 Again Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.” 22 When He had said this, He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Again...Holy Spirit & Power are the same thing.