Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Trinity for Dummies:

This is very simple:
First, we all agree that the Father is God, so I will not bother to proof that.

Second, the Bible is explicit that Jesus also is God. In John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I AM" or YHWH (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Perhaps most important are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. The "First and the Last" is an Old Testament title of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12). This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13). This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

So that wraps up number 2, that Jesus is God.

Third, the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible is pretty clear on that in 1 Cor. 2:10–13, Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28, and many other places so I won't go into depth on that one here.

THEREFORE: Since the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9), and it also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13), and since we all agree that the Father is God, and at the same time we know there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19), the only way we hold all four truths is by saying that all three are one God.

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

We have to grasp the difficult concept that one being does not necessarily equate to one person.

A cat or a dog is one being and NO persons. A bird or a fish is one being and NO persons. A human is one being and ONE person. God is one being and THREE persons.

"Being" refers to what we are. "Person" refers to who we are. God, the Bible states, is Father, Son, Holy Spirit. WHO he is is three persons. WHAT he is is one God.

** Also, those who deny the Trinity usually also deny the Divinity of Christ, and this too is an old heresy

Apple7

Okay that is easy and I have done it many times.

The scripture that says the Holy Spirit is the Father: Acts 5:3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and withhold some of the proceeds from the land? 4 Did it not belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? How could you conceive such a deed in your heart? You have not lied to men, but to God!”

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

There is only one God and he is the Father---there is ONLY ONE SPIRIT and that ONE SPIRIT is God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

GOD IS SPIRIT.

23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

None of those passages even remotely claims that The Holy Spirit is The Father or The Son.

Try again...

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Quote from "Jesus is God":

".....Jesus refers to himself with the divine name — I am —in several places. This "I am" formula is a reference back to the Divine Name revealed to Moses in Ex. 3:14. Not only does Jesus refer to himself as "I am" four times in John’s Gospel (see John 8:24; 58; 13:19 and 18:5-6), but when he does so in John 8:58, the Jews to whom he was speaking understood his meaning because they immediately wanted to stone him for blasphemy!

Jesus places his word on the same level as the word of God—the Old Testament. "You have heard it said . . . but I say to you . . ." (see Matt. 5:21-28). This is in sharp contrast to the prophets of old who always made clear the word they were speaking was not their own: "The word of the Lord came unto me, saying . . . " (cf. Jer. 1:11; Ezek. 1:3, etc.). Only God possesses this kind of authority.

Jesus is referred to as "equal" with God by both John and Paul. In John 5:18, the author comments on why the Jews wanted to kill Jesus: "Because he called God his Father, making himself equal with God." Paul refers to Jesus when he was "in the form (Gk. morphe; in Greek usage this word means the set of characteristics that makes a thing what it is) of God" thinking "his equality with God" not something to be g.asped onto, but emptying himself and becoming man (cf. Phil. 2:6-10). Paul assumes his readers already knew Jesus to be equal with God, the Father.

Jesus is referred to in the New Testament with the title Lord as it is uniquely applied to Yahweh in the Old Testament. Jesus calls himself "the Lord of the Sabbath" in Mark 2:28. The Sabbath is referred to as the "Sabbath of Yahweh" in the Old Testament (cf. Ex. 20:10; see also Is. 8:13, referred to in 1 Peter 3:15; and Joel 2:31-32, quoted both in Acts 2:20-21 and in Rom. 10:13).

source link

Apple7

That's an ignorant lie. Grow up.

maria-idolatria-1.jpg

God's Truth

Quote from "Jesus is God":

".....Jesus refers to himself with the divine name — I am —in several places. This "I am" formula is a reference back to the Divine Name revealed to Moses in Ex. 3:14. Not only does Jesus refer to himself as "I am" four times in John’s Gospel (see John 8:24; 58; 13:19 and 18:5-6), but when he does so in John 8:58, the Jews to whom he was speaking understood his meaning because they immediately wanted to stone him for blasphemy!

Jesus places his word on the same level as the word of God—the Old Testament. "You have heard it said . . . but I say to you . . ." (see Matt. 5:21-28). This is in sharp contrast to the prophets of old who always made clear the word they were speaking was not their own: "The word of the Lord came unto me, saying . . . " (cf. Jer. 1:11; Ezek. 1:3, etc.). Only God possesses this kind of authority.

Jesus is referred to as "equal" with God by both John and Paul. In John 5:18, the author comments on why the Jews wanted to kill Jesus: "Because he called God his Father, making himself equal with God." Paul refers to Jesus when he was "in the form (Gk. morphe; in Greek usage this word means the set of characteristics that makes a thing what it is) of God" thinking "his equality with God" not something to be g.asped onto, but emptying himself and becoming man (cf. Phil. 2:6-10). Paul assumes his readers already knew Jesus to be equal with God, the Father.

Jesus is referred to in the New Testament with the title Lord as it is uniquely applied to Yahweh in the Old Testament. Jesus calls himself "the Lord of the Sabbath" in Mark 2:28. The Sabbath is referred to as the "Sabbath of Yahweh" in the Old Testament (cf. Ex. 20:10; see also Is. 8:13, referred to in 1 Peter 3:15; and Joel 2:31-32, quoted both in Acts 2:20-21 and in Rom. 10:13).

source link

No one wants to read your long copy and paste from articles that think for you.

Who in hell do you think you are?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
No one wants to read your long copy and paste from articles that think for you.

Who in hell do you think you are?

Apparently I'm someone who knows a lot more about God and the Bible than you do. From what I have seen over the years, all you are is a pathological habitual liar.

Apple7, it is from the people who made those statues, and bow to those statues that gave you the trinity doctrine. Stop going against your fathers, the Catholic popes.

LOL. You're frothing at the mouth again.

God's Truth

Apparently I'm someone who knows a lot more about God and the Bible than you do. From what I have seen over the years, all you are is a pathological habitual liar.

You are Satan's little helper. You come to call me a liar and give long copy and posts from articles as a defense only proves what you are.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

I
n Revelation 22:6, 13, 16, Jesus reveals Himself to be "the Alpha and the Omega . . . the beginning and the end":

And he said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place . . . I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end . . . I Jesus have sent my angel to you with this testimony for the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star."

Jesus is God.

God's Truth

The Holy Spirit is the Father? LOL! What sort of crackhead nonsense is that.

Just like your daddy Satan.

He teaches you how to blasphemy.

He teaches you how to bear false witness.

He teaches you to slander.

He teaches you how to have many fathers in the Catholic denomination.

He teaches you how to bow to statues.

You are in a dangerous way.