JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I already answered you.

OUR FLESH COUNTS FOR NOTHING.

The husband and wife become one flesh but the are still spirit and not the same spirit.

The Father and Jesus ARE THE SAME PERSON AND A PERSON is their SPIRIT.

Go check out the FE thread because you aren't getting it here.

"YAY! I, GT, won the debate!"

Answer my challenge to you, GT, show how "one" always means "the same."

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7,

They accused him that he was claiming to be God, but he answered that what he had said was that he was the Son of God.
John 10:30,33,36 (KJV): 30 I and my Father are one. 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

You seem to want to side with Jesus’ accusers in order to support the Trinity. Jesus rejected their accusation. Even Trinitarian translators do not distort Jesus’ words here. Jesus is the Son of God.

Trev....you are getting pretty desperate in your denial replies, as of late.

Try reading John 10.39 - which informs the reader that the Jews STILL wanted to stone Him even after He proclaimed to Be The Son of God - proving that, in the mind of the Jews, He was still proclaiming to be God!

Give it up.

The NASB translates Elohim in Exodus 21:6 and Exodus 22:8-9 as God but has the marginal note: Or, the judges who acted in God’s name. At least they have taken one step towards understanding these verses.I notice that you did not answer why Hebrews 2:7 translates Psalm 8:5 as Angels. You prefer your faulty exegesis to the Divinely inspired translation.

Kind regards
Trevor

The Hebrew term is 'haelohim', Trev....how many times do we need to go over this before you get it?!

The longer you keep dancing around the original word that you are arguing over, the sillier you look to everyone.

Apple7

Nope, his logos spirit Son was in human form, but you will not see that.

Who is this, pops....?

And it happened, when Joshua was beside Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked. And, behold! A Man stood in front of him, and His drawn sword was in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, Are You for us, or for our foes? And He said, No, for I now come as the Commander of the army of Yahweh. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped. And he said to Him, What does my Lord speak to His slave? And the Commander of the army of Yahweh said to Joshua, Take your shoe off your foot, for the place on which you are standing is holy. And Joshua did so. Joshua 5.13 - 15

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Its been 189 pages. Have any of you Einsteins figured it out yet?

God is Trinity.

Jesus is God, the Second Person of the Trinity, who became man.

JW's deny the divinity of Christ and therefore adhere to the 4th century heresy of Arianism (along with a few other goofy quirky doctrines).

I think that sums it up nicely. I could have saved most of you eggheads a bunch of typing.

Oh yes: Happy Mothers Day

God's Truth

"YAY! I, GT, won the debate!"

Answer my challenge to you, GT, show how "one" always means "the same."

If you want to say something is one, then you are saying they are the same.

When Jesus says the Father and I are one, he is not saying they are one family.

Jesus is saying they are the same.

Jesus in the Old Testament says that there is no one besides God.

The trinitarians say yes there is but no not really.

Stop the confusion and double talk.

There is no one besides God does not mean there is no one besides the besides.

There is no one besides GOD WHO IS THE FATHER. That is what SCRIPTURE SAYS.

Apple7

Why don't the trinitarians deal with this:

Is the Father Spirit, or is He an essence that you don't know and He has a separate Spirit called the Holy Spirit? Same thing about Jesus, please answer.

Show us scripture which claims that The Holy Spirit is The Father.

Show us scripture which claims that The Holy Spirit is The Son.

:popcorn:

keypurr

Who is this, pops....?

And it happened, when Joshua was beside Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked. And, behold! A Man stood in front of him, and His drawn sword was in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, Are You for us, or for our foes? And He said, No, for I now come as the Commander of the army of Yahweh. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped. And he said to Him, What does my Lord speak to His slave? And the Commander of the army of Yahweh said to Joshua, Take your shoe off your foot, for the place on which you are standing is holy. And Joshua did so. Joshua 5.13 - 15

The Son of Man was busy in OT friend.

Apple7

God is Trinity.

JW's deny the divinity of Christ and therefore adhere to the 4th century heresy of Arianism (along with a few other goofy quirky doctrines).

I think that sums it up nicely. I could have saved most of you eggheads a bunch of typing.

Where does Mariolatry fit in...?

God's Truth

Show us scripture which claims that The Holy Spirit is The Father.

Show us scripture which claims that The Holy Spirit is The Son.

:popcorn:

Okay that is easy and I have done it many times.

The scripture that says the Holy Spirit is the Father: Acts 5:3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and withhold some of the proceeds from the land? 4 Did it not belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? How could you conceive such a deed in your heart? You have not lied to men, but to God!”

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

There is only one God and he is the Father---there is ONLY ONE SPIRIT and that ONE SPIRIT is God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

GOD IS SPIRIT.

23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

God is Trinity.

All three branches of Christianity - Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Orthodox - agree that Jesus is God and that God is Trinity. Only a very few fringe groups do not.

There is one God. Peoples' problem is that they cannot distinguish between what a person is and what a being is.

God is one being and three persons. I am one being and one person. A dog is one being and no person.

One being need not equal one person. There is one God who is one being. The fact that he is three persons does not change the fact that he is one God and one being.

Jesus tells his apostles to baptize "in the name [notice, singular, not plural] of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 28:19). This is a proof-text: three distinct Persons united in the one divine name. In 2 Corinthians 13:14, Paul writes, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." We see this same unity of divine Persons in 1 Corinthians 12:4–11, Ephesians 4:4–6, and 1 Peter 1:2–3.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). It also clearly teaches that the Holy Spirit is God (cf. Acts 5:3–4, 28:25–28; 1 Cor. 2:10–13). Everyone agrees the Father is God. Yet there is only one God (Mark 12:29, 1 Cor. 8:4–6, Jas. 2:19). How can we hold all four truths except to say all three are One God?

And yes, Jesus DID say he was God. In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I see no verses that say Jesus is God........

Well here they are: In John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I AM" or YHWH (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Perhaps most important are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. The "First and the Last" is an Old Testament title of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12). This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13). This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now you have seen them. If you deny the Divinity of Christ then you are not a Christian. That is a fact. Sorry if it hurts.