Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

oatmeal

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

79d3ed08bc036e9cf2a9ea534bcb0ebd.jpg

9e1c0a141b470d95658e7edd83b40933.jpg

66eec0f03509611dfd30d0bc52f8ea16.jpg

203dc12835ad6b91f5ff6bfacab7e85c.jpg

I can provide more to backup what I'm saying, if necessary.

----

If Jesus is not God, and is instead just a created Being made for only one purpose, then His life is not valuable enough to pay for the life of even one man, let alone every man since creation.

Oatsy, what's the most valuable thing in existence? God, right? What is the price of sin? Eternal death, right?

Death is separation. When a man dies, his spirit is separated from his body, and either is transported to heaven or hell, and his body begins to decay. This is called physical death.

Spiritual death is when that man's spirit is separated from God.

God said in Genesis to Adam, the day you [sin] you shall surely die. And they did die, even though they lived for another 900 years or so. They were separated from God the very day that they sinned, cast out of the Garden.

No created being has existed for eternity past, like God has. He had infinite worth already at the moment He created, and if the next half of eternity is similar to the first half, He will have infinitely more worth.

Created beings have a beginning, so even though they will exist forever, and have infinite worth, they will never be as valuable as God.

So if the punishment for just one man's sin is an eternal punishment, and no man can ransom himself for another, and only God is of infinitely more worth than man, ergo only God is valuable enough to pay for man's sin, and not just one man's, but every man's sin, because He is FAR more than valuable enough to pay the debt owed.

Therefore, if Jesus is a created being, only a man, and even though He lived a perfect life, His sacrifice is not valuable enough to pay for anyone other than Himself.

That's true, no man can give what it takes to redeem another.

However, John 3:16 tells us who did the giving.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It was God that did the giving, He gave His only begotten Son.

Jesus Christ willfully and humbly obeyed His father, which is what we all should be doing. Philippians 2:5-12

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Who did giving? God did.

Who humbly obeyed God?

a. God

b. the man Jesus Christ who is the son of God, not God himself

Did God give Himself a name or did God give His humble obedient son a name?

Who paid the price? God did? what was the price? the life of His son

Romans 5:

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Who did this?

One man, Jesus Christ

God did not die on our behalf for our sins, the son of God, one man, Jesus Christ died for us. He died so we could live. God is eternal, God cannot die

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ is referred to as the son of God

Not once is he referred to as "God the Son"

Therefore should I believe that Jesus is the "son of God" or "God the Son"

If you think that they mean the same thing, then you need a refresher course in English grammar.

Here's a verse of Scripture I want you to ponder: Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."

Jesus could not lie, correct? Jesus told this man; "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."

Jesus says Himself; there is, ONLY one that is good and that is, "God." Was Jesus telling that man that He, Himself could not be considered; 'Good' or was He making Himself equal to God, therefore, He was 'Good,' as well. You can ONLY choose ONE of those possibilities. Either Christ IS 'Good' or He is NOT good, because ONLY God can be good.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have yet to answer why a merciful GOD would damn all he made because they did what He created them with potential for and knew before hand what they would do.

First of all, can I ask you: is my reasoning sound?

In other words, was my post logical? Did it make any arguments that did not flow logically?

Second, on whether God knows the future, I suggest you watch these two videos.

https://youtu.be/JCNPmLIOnDg

https://youtu.be/XDA-_SP3J9Y

Third, God is indeed merciful, but sin must be punished, for God is also just.

If a man kidnaps a woman and forces her to live with him, and boards up all the windows and doors so she can't leave, is that considered a good thing or a wicked thing?

What about if the man woos the woman, and marries her, and brings her to his home, but leaves the windows and doors unlocked. Is that good or wicked?

If you said wicked for the first and good for the second, then why should God be accused of the first? God created man, and placed him in the garden. And He put the door, the way out, right in the middle of the Garden, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

God gave them a way out. And man took it. And the natural consequence of that is separation from God, spiritual death, if you will. "For the wages of sin is..." What? "Is death."

https://youtu.be/NymBTXkzekM

Mr. Rudder brought his spiritual death upon himself.

So your question, "Why would a merciful God damn all He made because they did what He created them with potential for," is an accusation against God, but God is blameless in all He does, everything He does is just. Man is punished for his sin because his sin harms others, and if he were not judged for his sin, then it would bring others down. God is extremely merciful, in that He judges those who sin against Him, because He will not allow those who sin to harm those who love Him.

popsthebuilder

First of all, can I ask you: is my reasoning sound?

In other words, was my post logical? Did it make any arguments that did not flow logically?

Second, on whether God knows the future, I suggest you watch these two videos.

https://youtu.be/JCNPmLIOnDg

https://youtu.be/XDA-_SP3J9Y

Third, God is indeed merciful, but sin must be punished, for God is also just.

If a man kidnaps a woman and forces her to live with him, and boards up all the windows and doors so she can't leave, is that considered a good thing or a wicked thing?

What about if the man woos the woman, and marries her, and brings her to his home, but leaves the windows and doors unlocked. Is that good or wicked?

If you said wicked for the first and good for the second, then why should God be accused of the first? God created man, and placed him in the garden. And He put the door, the way out, right in the middle of the Garden, the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

God gave them a way out. And man took it. And the natural consequence of that is separation from God, spiritual death, if you will. "For the wages of sin is..." What? "Is death."

https://youtu.be/NymBTXkzekM

Mr. Rudder brought his spiritual death upon himself.

So your question, "Why would a merciful God damn all He made because they did what He created them with potential for," is an accusation against God, but God is blameless in all He does, everything He does is just. Man is punished for his sin because his sin harms others, and if he were not judged for his sin, then it would bring others down. God is extremely merciful, in that He judges those who sin against Him, because He will not allow those who sin to harm those who love Him.
No....it was not logically sound.....that's why I asked what I did friend.

I noticed you posted some examples of sin.....which of those did GOD not create when he made us with such potentail?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

oatmeal

Here's a verse of Scripture I want you to ponder: Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."

Jesus could not lie, correct? Jesus told this man; "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."

Jesus says Himself; there is, ONLY one that is good and that is, "God." Was Jesus telling that man that He, Himself could not be considered; 'Good' or was He making Himself equal to God, therefore, He was 'Good,' as well. You can ONLY choose ONE of those possibilities. Either Christ IS 'Good' or He is NOT good, because ONLY God can be good.

Well, that is what is called "good intentions"

Most certainly, you desire to be reverential towards God and His son.

There is a saying, "the apple does not fall far from the tree"

Or "like father, like son"

Certainly, Jesus as the son of God would have some of the characteristics of his Father right at conception, even as any fertilized egg would have some of the genetic characteristics of both parents.

Your desire to be reverent is good, but we must learn to rightly divide the word of truth.

Indeed God is good, but Jesus said that only God is good.

That leaves out Jesus from being good like God is good.

Are you good? or are you evil?

Surely you must have some goodness in you? if you do not, then why should I even bother even considering your post for if you are evil, with an evil heart, then all your words are evil, right?

If I am evil, without any goodness in me, why would you consider my words, for out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Are you good in any way? Sure, but do you have the goodness of God? only as much as you have received good from God.

You are not the source of the goodness of God in your life, you are a recipient of the goodness of God in your life.

Thus you are good only to the extent that you have received good from God.

Jesus Christ said of himself, "I can of myself do nothing"

Jesus Christ is not the source, he is a recipient.

John 5 tells us that.

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus is the son of God. He has received of his Father, who alone is God.

Only God is good, the rest of us have God's goodness only to the extent that we have received of God.

Jesus Christ as the humble obedient son of God has received of God all the goodness that is available to him.

How do we get goodness from God into our lives?

The same way Jesus Christ did, we humbly obey God's word to us.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Well, that is what is called "good intentions"

Most certainly, you desire to be reverential towards God and His son.

There is a saying, "the apple does not fall far from the tree"

Or "like father, like son"

Certainly, Jesus as the son of God would have some of the characteristics of his Father right at conception, even as any fertilized egg would have some of the genetic characteristics of both parents.

Your desire to be reverent is good, but we must learn to rightly divide the word of truth.

Indeed God is good, but Jesus said that only God is good.

That leaves out Jesus from being good like God is good.

Are you good? or are you evil?

Surely you must have some goodness in you? if you do not, then why should I even bother even considering your post for if you are evil, with an evil heart, then all your words are evil, right?

If I am evil, without any goodness in me, why would you consider my words, for out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Are you good in any way? Sure, but do you have the goodness of God? only as much as you have received good from God.

You are not the source of the goodness of God in your life, you are a recipient of the goodness of God in your life.

Thus you are good only to the extent that you have received good from God.

Jesus Christ said of himself, "I can of myself do nothing"

Jesus Christ is not the source, he is a recipient.

John 5 tells us that.

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus is the son of God. He has received of his Father, who alone is God.

Only God is good, the rest of us have God's goodness only to the extent that we have received of God.

Jesus Christ as the humble obedient son of God has received of God all the goodness that is available to him.

How do we get goodness from God into our lives?

The same way Jesus Christ did, we humbly obey God's word to us.

I couldn't get through all of your 'Rationilization.' Perhaps, you decided NOT to give my question a lot of thought and were too busy trying to rationilize? So, I'll not discuss this any further with you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe it's a mistake for anyone to reject the Deity of Christ. As a member of the Body of Christ, it's not my responsibility to 'prove' the truth of the Gospel or to 'prove' the truth of any particular passage of Scripture. Only the Holy Spirit can lead someone to the truth of the Gospel of the Grace of God and the truths of Scripture and doctrine.

keypurr

Scripture never refers to Jesus Christ as "God the Son"

But scripture does refer to Jesus Christ as "son of God" about 50 times.

I believe what scripture says, not what it does not say.

Why do you believe in non scriptural theories?

Oatmeal, you can try but you can't fix stupid.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
yes, I AM.
God was alone until he created his EXPRESS IMAGE. Then he created everything else through that image.

You're an octogenarian and because of that, no doubt, you read and watched a lot of Science Fiction. Hopefully, that's the reason for these rather strange ideas? If that's not the reason, I would have to consider that you have some form of mental disorder? Do you find yourself rehashing the same story over and over, repeatedly? Do you see and hear things that others don't see and hear? Do you ever entertain fantasies of being a tribal leader in New Guinea from the 17th Century?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As preposterous as they seem everyone has the freedom to believe 'anything' they so desire. If one believes they can communicate with aliens while wearing 'tin foil hats,' they have that right. The 'sane' among us might not share such whims, theories, thoughts, imaginations, fantasies, and delusions, but we must respect these folks right to believe such nonsense.

glorydaz

As preposterous as they seem everyone has the freedom to believe 'anything' they so desire. If one believes they can communicate with aliens while wearing 'tin foil hats,' they have that right. The 'sane' among us might not share such whims, theories, thoughts, imaginations, fantasies, and delusions, but we must respect these folks right to believe such nonsense.

Yep, so many vain imaginings. :nono: