Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

keypurr

You're an octogenarian and because of that, no doubt, you read and watched a lot of Science Fiction. Hopefully, that's the reason for these rather strange ideas? If that's not the reason, I would have to consider that you have some form of mental disorder? Do you find yourself rehashing the same story over and over, repeatedly? Do you see and hear things that others don't see and hear? Do you ever entertain fantasies of being a tribal leader in New Guinea from the 17th Century?

But it is the truth GM. The truth you and others ignore.

keypurr

John 4.24 mentions nothing about 'Father only' worship, but, instead, declares worship to The Holy Spirit.

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

In my Bibles Jesus teaches us to pray to the FATHER.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

drbrumley

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

In my Bibles Jesus teaches us to pray to the FATHER.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

“Let us make man in our image, after our likeness” (Genesis 1:26).

“Let us go down, and there confound their language” (Genesis 11:7).

“Who will go for us?” (Isaiah 6:8).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm not an "Old Codger" yet as I am only 82. But I have forgotten more than you will ever know for your stuck in the rut of tradition.

When I notice you disagree with something I've posted, it proves to me that I'm correct. Your 'theories' do not match up with what the Bible says. I believe my fellow posters ought to ignore and reject anything you have to say.

TrevorL

Greetings Grosnick Marowbe,
Here's a verse of Scripture I want you to ponder: Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Jesus could not lie, correct? Jesus told this man; "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."
Jesus says Himself; there is, ONLY one that is good and that is, "God." Was Jesus telling that man that He, Himself could not be considered; 'Good' or was He making Himself equal to God, therefore, He was 'Good,' as well. You can ONLY choose ONE of those possibilities. Either Christ IS 'Good' or He is NOT good, because ONLY God can be good.
Jesus was full of grace and truth, he was without sin, he was holy, harmless and undefiled. But in this context he could be referring to his human nature, his weakness and even the fact that he could sin. Only God the Father is inherently good.

Kind regards
Trevor

Notaclue

Greetings Grosnick Marowbe, Jesus was full of grace and truth, he was without sin, he was holy, harmless and undefiled. But in this context he could be referring to his human nature, his weakness and even the fact that he could sin. Only God the Father is inherently good.

Kind regards
Trevor

Good post Trevor.

Ps.51:5
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

2Cor.5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;

Rom.8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Rom.7:18
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is *good* I find not.

Gal.5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Mk.10:18
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Heb.9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Heb.9:28
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Good = #18

#18. agathos ►
Strong's Concordance
agathos: good
Original Word: ἀγαθός, ή, όν
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: agathos
Phonetic Spelling: (ag-ath-os')
Short Definition: good
Definition: intrinsically good, good in nature, good whether it be seen to be so or not, the widest and most colorless of all words with this meaning.
HELPS Word-studies
18 agathós – inherently (intrinsically) good; as to the believer, 18 (agathós) describes what originates from God and is empowered by Him in their life, through faith.

Jn.10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Good = #2570

#2570. kalos ►
Strong's Concordance
kalos: beautiful, good
Original Word: καλός, ή, όν
Transliteration: kalos
Phonetic Spelling: (kal-os')
Short Definition: beautiful, good, worthy
Definition: beautiful, as an outward sign of the inward good, noble, honorable character; good, worthy, honorable, noble, and seen to be so.
HELPS Word-studies
2570 kalós – attractively good; good that inspires (motivates) others to embrace what is lovely (beautiful, praiseworthy); i.e. well done so as to be winsome (appealing).

*Two ... different...Words.*

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

First good= #18........... Second good= #2570.

Rom.7:18 (Y.L.T.)
for I have known that there doth not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh, good: for to will is present with me, and to work that which is right I do not find,

Peace.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Greetings Grosnick Marowbe, Jesus was full of grace and truth, he was without sin, he was holy, harmless and undefiled. But in this context he could be referring to his human nature, his weakness and even the fact that he could sin. Only God the Father is inherently good.

Kind regards
Trevor

No. Christ could NOT sin. That's all I have to say to you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Good post Trevor.

2Cor.5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;

Rom.8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is *good* I find not.

Gal.5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Heb.9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Heb.9:28
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Good = #18

#18. agathos ►
Strong's Concordance
agathos: good
Original Word: ἀγαθός, ή, όν
Transliteration: agathos
Phonetic Spelling: (ag-ath-os')
Short Definition: good
Definition: intrinsically good, good in nature, good whether it be seen to be so or not, the widest and most colorless of all words with this meaning.
HELPS Word-studies
18 agathós – inherently (intrinsically) good; as to the believer, 18 (agathós) describes what originates from God and is empowered by Him in their life, through faith.

Jn.10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Good = #2570

#2570. kalos ►
Strong's Concordance
kalos: beautiful, good
Original Word: καλός, ή, όν
Transliteration: kalos
Phonetic Spelling: (kal-os')
Short Definition: beautiful, good, worthy
Definition: beautiful, as an outward sign of the inward good, noble, honorable character; good, worthy, honorable, noble, and seen to be so.
HELPS Word-studies
2570 kalós – attractively good; good that inspires (motivates) others to embrace what is lovely (beautiful, praiseworthy); i.e. well done so as to be winsome (appealing).

*Two ... different...Words.*

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

First good= #18........... Second good= #2570.

Rom.7:18 (Y.L.T.)
for I have known that there doth not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh, good: for to will is present with me, and to work that which is right I do not find,

Peace.

What are you trying to convey?

rstrats

Not that it proves anything of course, but with regard to the Trinity I think it's interesting to note that Paul never once includes the Holy Spirit in any of his letter's salutations.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ was the 'Lamb of God,' as well as God the Son. Only a 'perfect' Lamb could be sacrificed for the sins of all humanity. Just as it was in the Old Testament sacrifices, so was it with Christ. So, if Christ was perfect (and He was) He was the ONLY one who could have been offered up at the cross. And, since, ONLY God is perfect, Then, Christ had to be God in the flesh.

An unblemished lamb HAD to be offered up.

TrevorL

Greetings again Grosnick Marowbe,
No. Christ could NOT sin. That's all I have to say to you.
At the beginning of his ministry, John the Baptist testified concerning Jesus:
John 1:29 (KJV): The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh awayd the sin of the world.
Now we know that in order to fulfill this role some three years later, it would be necessary for him to be sinless. I suggest that there is a big difference between “could NOT sin” and the way in which Jesus overcame sin during these three years. He had a struggle against sin in all its various manifestations. He was tempted in all points as we are, YET without sin Hebrews 4:15.

Kind regards
Trevor

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All of humanity is born into sin. Therefore, God the Father could not have chosen a mere human to go to the cross with the sins of all humanity. Only a man who was, like God could accomplish what Christ succeeded in doing. And that man was God the Son.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Greetings again Grosnick Marowbe, At the beginning of his ministry, John the Baptist testified concerning Jesus:
John 1:29 (KJV): The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh awayd the sin of the world.
Now we know that in order to fulfill this role some three years later, it would be necessary for him to be sinless. I suggest that there is a big difference between “could NOT sin” and the way in which Jesus overcame sin during these three years. He had a struggle against sin in all its various manifestations. He was tempted in all points as we are, YET without sin Hebrews 4:15.

Kind regards
Trevor

God the Son was incapable of sin. Just as, God the Father is. Temptation only becomes sin if one gives into it. Christ was tempted, however, He, unlike us, wasn't capable of giving in to temptation. You, like some of the others here, don't seem to get it?