Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Apple7

First of all, thanks for ignoring The Holy Spirit worship as proclaimed in John 4.24!

About what we would expect...

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Mat 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

In my Bibles Jesus teaches us to pray to the FATHER.

The Lord's Prayer is a Triune prayer.

The NAME of the One God is the same for each Person of the Trinity.

Jesus, Himself, gave us this sacred Triune formula in Mat 28.19.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

How many thousands of times are you going to keep recycling this 'pet' scripture of yours, and ALL other Trinity-deniers?

No doubt...you will forget your very own name before you forget this passage.

Your synapse path to this verse is, no doubt, very large.

if you were even remotely familiar with Greek, then you would already be cognizant that there are absolutely no grammatical reasons at all for denying that αληθινον θεον refers to Jesus Christ, in John 17.3.

rstrats

Apple7,
re: "Actually, he does."

Well, let's see:

Romans - Chapter 1:7 "...Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Corinthians - Chapter 1:3 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians - Chapter 1:2 "...Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Galatians - Chapter 1:2 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians - Chapter 1:2 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Philippians - Chapter 1:2 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Colossians - Chapter 1:2 "...Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ"

1 Thessalonians - Chapter 1:1 "...Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Thessalonians - Chapter 1:2 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Timothy - Chapter 1:2 "...Grace, mercy and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord."

2 Timothy - Chapter 1: "Grace, mercy and peace from God our Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."

Titus - Chapter 1:4 "...Grace, mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior."

Philemon - Chapter 1:3 "Grace to you and peace from god our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Where do you see the Holy Spirit mentioned in any of those greetings?

Apple7

Apple7,
re: "Actually, he does."

Well, let's see:

Romans - Chapter 1:7 "...Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Corinthians - Chapter 1:3 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians - Chapter 1:2 "...Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Galatians - Chapter 1:2 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians - Chapter 1:2 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Philippians - Chapter 1:2 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Colossians - Chapter 1:2 "...Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ"

1 Thessalonians - Chapter 1:1 "...Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Thessalonians - Chapter 1:2 "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Timothy - Chapter 1:2 "...Grace, mercy and peace from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord."

2 Timothy - Chapter 1: "Grace, mercy and peace from God our Father and Christ Jesus our Lord."

Titus - Chapter 1:4 "...Grace, mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior."

Philemon - Chapter 1:3 "Grace to you and peace from god our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ."

Where do you see the Holy Spirit mentioned in any of those greetings?

If scripture were a snake, then you would have been bitten 13 separate times by now.

The Greek term 'Charis' (Grace), and it various inflections, is an epithet for the Holy Spirit, when coupled to God.

Observe that your examples declare that 'Charis' (i.e. The Holy Spirit) comes from BOTH The Father and The Son - as succinctly described numerous other times in scripture - and confirmed in the above greetings.

Your examples are actually a potent confirmation to The Trinity, for those that know their scripture.

Thanks!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
John 5:18 "Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God."

John 5:23 "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 20:28-29 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

As we see in John 5:18, the Jews were angry at Christ because, according to them, He had broken the Sabbath and made Himself EQUAL with God.

John 5:23 Jesus states in that verse: "He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him." Right there, Jesus is making Himself EQUAL with the Father, in that, if one does NOT honor the Son, they are NOT honoring the Father at the same time.

John 20:28-29 Thomas refers to Christ as; "My Lord and my God." And, as you'll notice, Christ does NOT deny what Thomas had said, and in fact goes onto saying; "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."[/I]

John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

Most of you have seen one of those 'Autostereogram' or a similar picture where you have to stare at the picture in different ways until you can see an image within the image. Well, I believe that's equivalent to those who cannot see one truth or another in the Scriptures. Some see a truth while others cannot. The Trinity is one of those truths. Two people can stare at the same object, yet one sees the entirety of the picture while the other sees only fragments of the same picture. In order to see the truths of Scripture, we must have the help of the Holy Spirit. Without the Spirit's guidance, we're left to our own interpretations, theories, opinions, and perception.

The Bible doesn't come out and call Jesus: "God the Son and part of the Holy Trinity." However, it does, if we carry things said, to their fullest extent, reveal that He is indeed; God the Son and part of the Holy Trinity. Critics of the truth about the Trinity get upset when believers in the Trinity refer to Jesus as, God the Son, etc. They want believers in the Trinity to provide the Scriptures to back up what they say. In truth, the Bible does admit to Christ's Deity in many ways. However, those 'ways' are not sufficient for critics of the Trinity. One of the reasons is, they don't do an in-depth study of those verses that refer to Christ's Deity.

Another reason might just be, they do not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to guide them? And, yet another possibility is that they've been indoctrinated by their church.

glorydaz

Most of you have seen one of those 'Autostereogram' or a similar picture where you have to stare at the picture in different ways until you can see an image within the image. Well, I believe that's equivalent to those who cannot see one truth or another in the Scriptures. Some see a truth while others cannot. The Trinity is one of those truths. Two people can stare at the same object, yet one sees the entirety of the picture while the other sees only fragments of the same picture. In order to see the truths of Scripture, we must have the help of the Holy Spirit. Without the Spirit's guidance, we're left to our own interpretations, theories, opinions, and perception.

Another reason might just be, they do not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to guide them? And, yet another possibility is that they've been indoctrinated by their church.

Well stated, GM. :thumb:

keypurr

“Let us make man in our image, after our likeness” (Genesis 1:26).

“Let us go down, and there confound their language” (Genesis 11:7).

“Who will go for us?” (Isaiah 6:8).

What is that suppose to prove?

God and his son created the world but that does not say they are both God.

The son is the express image or copy of the Father, but IT is a creation, not God but "a god".

keypurr

First of all, thanks for ignoring The Holy Spirit worship as proclaimed in John 4.24!

About what we would expect...

The Lord's Prayer is a Triune prayer.

The NAME of the One God is the same for each Person of the Trinity.

Jesus, Himself, gave us this sacred Triune formula in Mat 28.19.

How many thousands of times are you going to keep recycling this 'pet' scripture of yours, and ALL other Trinity-deniers?

No doubt...you will forget your very own name before you forget this passage.

Your synapse path to this verse is, no doubt, very large.

if you were even remotely familiar with Greek, then you would already be cognizant that there are absolutely no grammatical reasons at all for denying that αληθινον θεον refers to Jesus Christ, in John 17.3.

COP OUT Apple7, The Lord's Prayer is not a Triune prayer, it is addressed to the FATHER ONLY.

You like to write your own Bible Apple7.

I am not stupid enough to believe you.

keypurr

If scripture were a snake, then you would have been bitten 13 separate times by now.

The Greek term 'Charis' (Grace), and it various inflections, is an epithet for the Holy Spirit, when coupled to God.

Observe that your examples declare that 'Charis' (i.e. The Holy Spirit) comes from BOTH The Father and The Son - as succinctly described numerous other times in scripture - and confirmed in the above greetings.

Your examples are actually a potent confirmation to The Trinity, for those that know their scripture.

Thanks!

That's Apple7 Greek

TrevorL

Greetings Grosnick Marowbe,
All of humanity is born into sin. Therefore, God the Father could not have chosen a mere human to go to the cross with the sins of all humanity. Only a man who was, like God could accomplish what Christ succeeded in doing. And that man was God the Son.
Regarding the birth of Jesus, the following teaches that Jesus was not a mere human, but God the Father was his father, and Mary was his mother. Even his mother was exceptional in the simplicity and purity of her faith. The result of this conception and birth was a holy child and was the Son of God, not God the Son.
Luke 1:34–35 (KJV): 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
God the Son was incapable of sin. Just as, God the Father is. Temptation only becomes sin if one gives into it. Christ was tempted, however, He, unlike us, wasn't capable of giving in to temptation.
I do not know how you understand the following that says God cannot be tempted.
James 1:13–15 (KJV): 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
God’s foreknowledge that His Lamb would be spotless at death does not annul the temptations and trials and choices that Jesus experienced up until his death.

We have the examples of Abraham and David to whom early in their lives God made various promises and covenants, and it would seem that this necessitated that they were faithful unto death. God knew what they would become. Despite their various failures, Abraham offered up Isaac as evidence of his complete faith and trust in God and the resurrection, and David’s last words in 2 Samuel 23:1-7 show that his faith was steadfast, and Isaiah 55:1-3 based on his words here coins the term the sure mercies of David.

God knew that Jesus would be sinless, even during his ultimate trial, the crucifixion. The view that states that he could NOT sin, downplays his struggle against sin, not only externally but in his heart and mind. To need an angel to strengthen him and to sweat great drops, as if it were like blood does not give the impression that his anticipation of this event of crucifixion and his desire to avoid this was a push-over.
John 12:27–28 (KJV): 27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
Luke 22:41–44 (KJV): 41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. 44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

The Psalms, for example Psalm 22, and the 4 Servant Songs of Isaiah, for example Isaiah 53, are indications of some of the thoughts of Jesus when under trial.
You, like some of the others here, don't seem to get it?
It appears that we have in view a different Jesus, and we worship Jesus as the Son of God, to the glory of God the Father Philippians 2:9-11.

Kind regards
Trevor

keypurr

Greetings Grosnick Marowbe, Regarding the birth of Jesus, the following teaches that Jesus was not a mere human, but God the Father was his father, and Mary was his mother. Even his mother was exceptional in the simplicity and purity of her faith. The result of this conception and birth was a holy child and was the Son of God, not God the Son.
Luke 1:34–35 (KJV): 34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? 35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
I do not know how you understand the following that says God cannot be tempted.
James 1:13–15 (KJV): 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
God’s foreknowledge that His Lamb would be spotless at death does not annul the temptations and trials and choices that Jesus experienced up until his death.

We have the examples of Abraham and David to whom early in their lives God made various promises and covenants, and it would seem that this necessitated that they were faithful unto death. God knew what they would become. Despite their various failures, Abraham offered up Isaac as evidence of his complete faith and trust in God and the resurrection, and David’s last words in 2 Samuel 23:1-7 show that his faith was steadfast, and Isaiah 55:1-3 based on his words here coins the term the sure mercies of David.

God knew that Jesus would be sinless, even during his ultimate trial, the crucifixion. The view that states that he could NOT sin, downplays his struggle against sin, not only externally but in his heart and mind. To need an angel to strengthen him and to sweat great drops, as if it were like blood does not give the impression that his anticipation of this event of crucifixion and his desire to avoid this was a push-over.
John 12:27–28 (KJV): 27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
Luke 22:41–44 (KJV): 41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. 44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

The Psalms, for example Psalm 22, and the 4 Servant Songs of Isaiah, for example Isaiah 53, are indications of some of the thoughts of Jesus when under trial.
It appears that we have in view a different Jesus, and we worship Jesus as the Son of God, to the glory of God the Father Philippians 2:9-11.

Kind regards
Trevor

Trevor, they do not understand what they read. They do not wish to question their faith.

Apple7

COP OUT Apple7, The Lord's Prayer is not a Triune prayer, it is addressed to the FATHER ONLY.

You like to write your own Bible Apple7.

I am not stupid enough to believe you.

Your 'Father Only' worship is getting as old as you are, pops.

Fyi....the Lord's Prayer has the Father's NAME in the Greek Nominative form, and thus is the SUBJECT of the prayer...and, as we already know, the NAME is the SAME for Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Thus, the Lord's Prayer is Triune Prayer.

Please stop hitting yourself in the head with your bed pan...

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
Fyi....the Lord's Prayer has the Father's NAME in the Greek Nominative form, and thus is the SUBJECT of the prayer...and, as we already know, the NAME is the SAME for Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19 (KJV): Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:
They indeed have the one Name, but not in the relationship that you claim. That Name is Yahweh, and this is God the Father’s Name. The Name Jesus includes the Yahweh Name, Yahweh's salvation. Yahweh has raised up a Saviour, through whom He accomplishes salvation.

Yahweh, God the Father has been manifested in and through our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
John 17:6 (KJV): I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
Jesus does not say “I have manifested our Name”, nor does he say in the Lord’s prayer “Hallowed be our Name”.

Kind regards
Trevor

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Greetings again Apple7,
Matthew 28:19 (KJV): Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:
They indeed have the one Name, but not in the relationship that you claim. That Name is Yahweh, and this is God the Father’s Name. The Name Jesus includes the Yahweh Name, Yahweh's salvation. Yahweh has raised up a Saviour, through whom He accomplishes salvation.

Yahweh, God the Father has been manifested in and through our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
John 17:6 (KJV): I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
Jesus does not say “I have manifested our Name”, nor does he say in the Lord’s prayer “Hallowed be our Name”.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hey, you know what? If you don't believe in the Deity of Christ, that's part of your 'Free-will choice.' What do you hope to accomplish by arguing your point? Obviously, you're not gonna change the hearts and minds of those who SEE and believe in the 'Holy Trinity,' are you? You're not gonna convert anyone so, what's your goal? Are you here in this thread to:

Argue?
Convert?
Seek after truth?
Quell your loneliness?

Just what is your agenda? I'm curious.

TrevorL

Greetings again Grosnick Marowbe,
Hey, you know what? If you don't believe in the Deity of Christ, that's part of your 'Free-will choice.' What do you hope to accomplish by arguing your point? Obviously, you're not gonna change the hearts and minds of those who SEE and believe in the 'Holy Trinity,' are you? You're not gonna convert anyone so, what's your goal? Are you here in this thread to:
Argue?
Convert?
Seek after truth?
Quell your loneliness?
Just what is your agenda? I'm curious.
Perhaps all of us do not know our full motivations, but I enjoy participating in forums to discuss aspects of the Bible and Bible teaching. I have learnt much in the process by discussing the teachings of the Bible, partly as I have been forced to reexamine many individual Scriptures and what they actually say, rather than just repeating what I have been taught from my youth. Ultimately either the Trinity is either true or false, and I am willing to consider this topic and share why I do not believe in the Trinity. I prefer to discuss some other topics, but I consider a correct view of God and how He has revealed Himself is important.

Why do you participate in these forums? Do you consider claiming that Jesus is good, that this somehow absolutely proves the Trinity, will convince us non-Trinitarians? Is your avatar a representation of yourself, or some historical character that you respect?

Kind regards
Trevor

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7,

Kind regards
Trevor

Look what you have done...Trev...

Once again, you want to use an English Trinitarian rendering for your denial of it.

This is commonly referred to as hypocrisy.

Further, you only quote NT passages, and totally ignore the OT from which they spring forth.

The term Yahweh is in the OT, not the NT, Trev...

Consider these passages from Exodus…

And Elohim spoke to Moses and said to him, I am Yahweh. And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as El Shaddai (God Almighty), and by My name, Yahweh, I have not been known to them. (Exo 6.2 – 3)

Here, we have the astounding revelation by the Triune God that the patriarchs did not know Him by His name, Yahweh.

If they did not know Him by His name, Yahweh, then what did they know Him by?

They knew Him by El Shaddai (God Almighty), The Son (Gen 17.1, 28.3, 35.11, 43.14, 48.3, 49.25).

Malek Yahweh, El Shaddai, also the Son, revealed to Moses that He was ‘I AM’ and Yahweh (Exo 3.14 – 15, 6.3).

The Triune God has always held one name. Even the NT confirms that the Father, Son & Spirit have the same singular name (Mat 28.19).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Greetings again Grosnick Marowbe,Perhaps all of us do not know our full motivations, but I enjoy participating in forums to discuss aspects of the Bible and Bible teaching. I have learnt much in the process by discussing the teachings of the Bible, partly as I have been forced to reexamine many individual Scriptures and what they actually say, rather than just repeating what I have been taught from my youth. Ultimately either the Trinity is either true or false, and I am willing to consider this topic and share why I do not believe in the Trinity. I prefer to discuss some other topics, but I consider a correct view of God and how He has revealed Himself is important.

Why do you participate in these forums? Do you consider claiming that Jesus is good, that this somehow absolutely proves the Trinity, will convince us non-Trinitarians? Is your avatar a representation of yourself, or some historical character that you respect?

Kind regards
Trevor

Google the Image and find out.

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7 and Grosnick Marowbe,
Look what you have done...Trev...
Once again, you want to use an English Trinitarian rendering for your denial of it.
This is commonly referred to as hypocrisy.
Further, you only quote NT passages, and totally ignore the OT from which they spring forth.
The term Yahweh is in the OT, not the NT, Trev...
I have explained my use of various translations and in the process you asked why I did not fully endorse the KJV translation. I mentioned Exodus 3:14 where the Name Yahweh is revealed. I mentioned that I believe that Ehyeh should be translated “I will be” as per Tyndale’s translation and the margins of the RV and RSV. I also asked you if from your expert original languages knowledge whether you agree, but you did not answer because you wanted to concentrate on Psalm 110:1. Now that we are talking about the Divine Name, could you please indicate your opinion, or expert knowledge on this translation of Ehyeh?
Consider these passages from Exodus…
And Elohim spoke to Moses and said to him, I am Yahweh. And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as El Shaddai (God Almighty), and by My name, Yahweh, I have not been known to them. (Exo 6.2 – 3)
Actually Exodus 6:1-8 together with Exodus 3:12 are two of the main passages that I use to support the future tense of the Yahweh Name.
Here, we have the astounding revelation by the Triune God that the patriarchs did not know Him by His name, Yahweh.
If they did not know Him by His name, Yahweh, then what did they know Him by?
They knew Him by El Shaddai (God Almighty), The Son (Gen 17.1, 28.3, 35.11, 43.14, 48.3, 49.25).
Malek Yahweh, El Shaddai, also the Son, revealed to Moses that He was ‘I AM’ and Yahweh (Exo 3.14 – 15, 6.3).
The Triune God has always held one name. Even the NT confirms that the Father, Son & Spirit have the same singular name (Mat 28.19).
Despite the other comments that you make here, after all, you do consider Exodus 3:14 should be translated as “I AM”. Could you please check this and comment on this before we proceed? I believe that this future tense is one key to unlock the purpose of God revealed in His Name, and helps to unlock this interesting subject. I have also mentioned that I have had contact with two Hebrew scholars and they support this future tense.

Google the Image and find out.
I tried to guess and found a similar image for John Calvin on wiki, but I am not sure. I do not know how you Google an image.

Kind regards
Trevor