Can Man's Sinful Adamic Nature Be Rehabilitated?

iouae

Fool.

“By ONE man’s disobedience MANY [us!] were MADE sinners” (Rom. 5:12,15-19).

Rom 5
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, ...Adam sinned

... and death by sin; ... Adam died

and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:..

in like manner all sinned and all died.

Now wasn't that easy :)

Many believe that it can be. Some Catholics believe that by the grace of God working in a persons life and through the indwelling Holy Spirit, they can live a life of perfect obedience to God's Holy Law and be justified. This is why they are continually going to mass to be like Jesus.

If that were true, that we could become righteous by what we do, then Jesus lived and died in vain.

Exactly so, and an important point with regard to humility and proper repentance towards God, knowing our place, God only Who is truly good, of perfect holiness. Romans 7 is clear on the predicament of being in the flesh, no matter our best efforts. That sinful flesh must perish, must be changed, to be brought into glory. The corruption of the flesh cannot be rehabilitated, cannot be wholly perfected, is a body of death, Roman 7:24.

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1 Corinthians 15

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

chair

Rom 5
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, ...Adam sinned

... and death by sin; ... Adam died

and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:..

in like manner all sinned and all died.

Now wasn't that easy :)

Yep. It shows quite easily that Paul had some lousy ideas.

relaff

Like I said.

We have nothing of God commanding Eve.

Sin is not imputed where there is no command.

Any ideas?

I see at least three possible arguments refuting that.

1. Scripture doesn't have to say it explicitly, if it does so implicitly and says nothing to the contrary (the devil told Eve, she didn't object)

2. It is all part of God's great plan. He knew man is sinful and therefore this had to happen.

3. God wouldn't set up Eve like that. If she hadn't know, he wouldn't have punished her.

Ok, shoot me ;-)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Bad translation of the Hebrew.

It wasn't until she received his seed that he knew his wife.

Guess what?

Hadn't happened yet.

Kinda screws up the serpent seed doctrine hunh?

And Adam said: "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman because she was taken out of Man."

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. (Genesis 2:23-25 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Adam's sin got all mankind cut off from the Tree of Life.

But one speculates what would have happened if Adam and Eve did not sin. At some stage one of their descendants would have sinned. How would this have played out? Would all have been cut off from the TOL from then on, or only those who sinned? Would we have had some living in Eden, and some outside Eden?

Adam didn't have God's Spirit. If he had he wouldn't need the tree of life. Adam was carnal and mortal.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (Romans 8:7 NKJV)​

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I totally agree with Chair.

Its not a nature that got passed down. it was the sin snowball gained momentum, resulting in death.

Adam and Eve had a nature to sin before they sinned otherwise they would not have sinned in the first place. Nothing changed

In fact it was God unleashing Satan that caused them to sin. They were doing fine with their human nature till then.

Every person with free will and ignorance WILL sin, and hence will die. Its not in the nature, its in the logic.
Another "God did it" post.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I see at least three possible arguments refuting that.

1. Scripture doesn't have to say it explicitly, if it does so implicitly and says nothing to the contrary (the devil told Eve, she didn't object)

2. It is all part of God's great plan. He knew man is sinful and therefore this had to happen.

3. God wouldn't set up Eve like that. If she hadn't know, he wouldn't have punished her.

Ok, shoot me ;-)

Like I asked earlier and expounded the point all through this thread, how was it punishment?

She hadn't been promised some alternative style of child bearing.

The only thing punished was her vanity.

Correction has a way of doing that. :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
And Adam said: "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman because she was taken out of Man."

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. (Genesis 2:23-25 NKJV)​

Prophecy, hardhead.:think:

They didn't know they were naked.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Adam didn't have God's Spirit. If he had he wouldn't need the tree of life. Adam was carnal and mortal.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (Romans 8:7 NKJV)​

:thumb: :)

iouae

Even spirit beings need to eat continually of the Tree of Life. How much more so carnal Adam?

And Rev 22 is a mirror image of Gen 2.
They all start in Eden, eating the TOL,
They all end in Eden, eating the TOL.

And eating is never a once off process.

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

...by whose stripes you were healed. ( 1 Peter 2:24 NKJV)

It's by Jesus' broken body that people are healed. The tree of life is a symbol of Jesus Christ.

iouae

...by whose stripes you were healed. ( 1 Peter 2:24 NKJV)

It's by Jesus' broken body that people are healed. The tree of life is a symbol of Jesus Christ.

A description as detailed as this is literal.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
...the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits... (Rev 22:2 NKJV)​

The twelve fruits are the twelve fruits of the Holy Spirit.

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him bears much fruit, for without Me you can do nothing.
(John 15:5 NKJV)​