Can Man's Sinful Adamic Nature Be Rehabilitated?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Somebody asked me why God would allow man to fall into sin and thus billions upon billions suffer and grow old and die, (some don't). If God knew and allowed evil and sin and death to follow us all our lives, why does He do that ?

I think it certainly may seem that way at times but God has a much bigger picture in mind. For all to be saved and come to the knowledge of Him. It just seems like a long hard life for us, it only seems harsh, cruel, random and cold, but compared to eternal life with Christ this nothing.

iouae

...the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits... (Rev 22:2 NKJV)​

The twelve fruits are the twelve fruits of the Holy Spirit.

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him bears much fruit, for without Me you can do nothing.
(John 15:5 NKJV)​

Gal 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

I count 9

Why do you feel threatened by a tree that you have to spiritualise it away?
And do you spiritualise away the one in Eden?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gal 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

I count 9

Paul named nine but God's Spirit is the spirit of God, the Holy Spirit. In addition to the nine Paul listed, the Holy Spirit is a spirit of truth, power and life.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

A description as detailed as this is literal.

If there is no sun and moon, how are months determined?

iouae

Paul named nine but God's Spirit is the spirit of God, the Holy Spirit. In addition to the nine Paul listed, the Holy Spirit is a spirit of truth, power and life.

Doesn't that strike you as strange that you conveniently find 3 more?

In 1 min I found 2 more.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

So what is your rule for making things disappear?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you feel threatened by a tree that you have to spiritualise it away?
And do you spiritualise away the one in Eden?

Your quote was from Revelation 22 which describes the spiritual dimension referred to in scripture as "heaven."

The vine in John 15:1 is symbolic just as the tree of life is in Genesis.

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat and live forever..." (Genesis 3:22 NKJV)​

Jesus Christ is the last Adam and it is he who imparts eternal life, not a literal tree.

The tree of life must be understood in scriptural context.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.

The promise of the Holy Spirit is eternal life.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Power and love describe the mind of Christ.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus... (Philippians 2:5 NKJV)​

iouae

Jesus Christ is the last Adam and it is he who imparts eternal life, not a literal tree.

You have no idea (nor do I) how Christ imparts eternal life?
Why not through this tree?

Angels eat manna. Isn't that how they get ongoing life?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You have no idea (nor do I) how Christ imparts eternal life?
Why not through this tree?

...as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. (John 17:2-3 NKJV)

For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. (1 Corinthians 15:21-22 NKJV)​

iouae

The tree of life must be understood in scriptural context.

I would like your rule for determining when something is literal or not.
Is the river not literal either?

Rev 22
22 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

SeraphimsCherub

NO...It must be crucified.
- Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

-Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

-Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I would like your rule for determining when something is literal or not.
Is the river not literal either?

Rev 22
22 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

My rule for determining when something is literal or not is scriptural context. Scripture is written here a little and there a little. We must connect the dots.

As for the river of the water of life, Jesus said, "On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink" (John 7:37 NKJV)

If the river in Revelation 22 were literal where would the water go? There is no sea.

Also there was no more sea. (Revelation 21:1 NKJV)

See?

Ben Masada

Can Man's Sinful Adamic Nature be Rehabilitated?

Can Man's Sinful Adamic Nature be Rehabilitated?

Yes, all we need is to want to. We have Freewill.

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
...as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. (John 17:2-3 NKJV)

What is this unitarian verse you spew?​

Wednesday Addams

BANNED
Banned
Your Jewish brother John didn't believe that man's sinful nature could be rehabilitated, 1 John 1:8.

The bible already mentioned four ways in which it can be rehabilitated. Sin-offerings, good deeds, repentance in prayer and something else.

Why are the disciples and newest believers continuing sin-offerings for after Jesus's sacrificial atonement?