Can Man's Sinful Adamic Nature Be Rehabilitated?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Adam surrendered nothing since he was not around to stop his wife sinning.

So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her and he ate. (Genesis 3:6 NKJV)​

Eve's husband was with her and he was not deceived.

Robert Pate

Banned
To say that he brought judgement upon us IS NOT TO SAY that he brought sin upon us since we all have sinned and by our own sin have become sinners under the judgement Adam brought upon us, a life in him doomed to die.

Because God is Holy he must judge sin. If he did not judge sin he would not be holy and righteous.

Jesus became sin for us, 2 Corinthians 5:21. Instead of God's judgment falling on us, it fell on Christ, 1 Peter 2:24.

musterion

Also...

“By ONE man sin entered into the world, and death by sin… through the offence of ONE many be dead…the judgment was by ONE to condemnation…by ONE man’s offence death reigned…by the offence of ONE judgment came upon all…by ONE man’s disobedience MANY [us!] were MADE sinners” (Rom. 5:12,15-19).
Deal with it.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Do you believe we only have to eat once of the Tree of Life?

I used to think we had to eat more in the next world, but these days I'm not so sure.

Of course I believe we have to keep eating here.

Adam maybe not cause God had already placed him in paradise.

Thanks for the conversation. :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The Bible doesn't say how long "a long time" was, but okay so far.
Here's where your logic breaks down. His choice to sin (for he was not deceived as the woman was) IS the fall as far as you and I are concerned for we are all counted as in him, not in her. This, I suspect, prefigures the believer's positional standing in Christ, simultaneous with his positional removal from Adam.

I'm not going to argue the nature of Adam's nature. All I need to do is remind you that his relationship with God - heretofore perfect - was now damaged by his choice to sin. So it is with our own relationship with God, BY NATURE (take that as literal or as a figure of speech but it amounts to the same thing, for we ALL sin and fall short...where do we get that? From Adam).

:confused:

Dead wrong. The old man is all one has and is apart from Christ, and the old man, the flesh, IS sin.

Dead wrong. The old man can do nothing BUT sin. That's why the only remedy to Him is the crucifixion...being reckoned as DEAD. The logic of your position, to the contrary, seems to be that the old man can be tamed, trained or reformed to an extent that eventually pleases God.

Dead wrong. The new man CANNOT sin.

Dead wrong. He would have had no need to put on the new man for there would have been no old man to put off.

An offer of reconciliation assumes prior alienation. We -- all of us -- are born alienated from God by sin and so are in need of reconciliation to Him. We -- all of us -- get that alienation from Adam.

Ephesians 2:3. Deal with it.

Not training, but fighting and striving to apprehend.

That's why Paul said he died daily.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It was there so Adam could eat it. When Adam ate it, he participated in the last step of his own creation, and became different than the other animals.

Yeah right.

He was already different, that's why God formed the woman for him.

The animals couldn't cut the mustard.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her and he ate. (Genesis 3:6 NKJV)​

Eve's husband was with her and he was not deceived.

Scripture hanky panky.

Adam called her the woman you gave me, not my wife.

musterion

Genesis 1:29. This was said in the garden, before the Fall. He later told Eve that He would greatly increase her pain at childbirth.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Genesis 1:29. This was said in the garden, before the Fall.

What fall?

Romans 8:20 KJV

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

He later told Eve that He would greatly increase her pain at childbirth.

No he said he would multiply the sorrow, the shameful sorrow brought on by her vanity.

She would lie beneath the man during conception and her desire to rule would go to her husband.

Nice try though.:)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What fall?

Romans 8:20 KJV

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Women, I tell ya. :shocked:

No he said he would multiply the sorrow, the shameful sorrow brought on by her vanity.

She would lie beneath the man during conception and her desire to rule would go to her husband.

Nice try though.:)

Watch it now

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's what vanity will do.

Course yer gonna have to explain how Adam freely chose anything bein' subjected to vanity and all. :rapture:

Do you often blame others when you choose to sin?

Show me how she shoved it down his throat.

Also was God wrong when sin was attributed to entering the world though Adam? Should it not say Eve according to you?

iouae

Rom 5

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Paul is making a comparison between Adam and Christ.
By one man, sin came into the world, by another sin was removed from the world.

Paul is NOT saying that Adam influences my own free-will decisions today.
Paul is NOT saying that Adam's nature influences me today.
Paul is NOT saying that Adam's guilt has passed down to me today.
Paul is NOT saying that Adam sentenced all mankind to sin and death from then on.

The only thing Adam did was to bring sin into the world.
Adam brought thorns, labour and labour pains into the world.

If Adam had not sinned, someone else would have. Turns out it was not Adam but Eve who brought sin into the world.

It was INEVITABLE, man being what he is, that man at some time after creation, would sin. Just happens that Adam and Eve did not hold out too long before sinning.

I completely reject the idea that what any parent does has lasting consequences through generations - that his poor choices somehow get ingrained in his children's genes. Scientifically I don't think that is possible.

Yes there are generational curses whereby God may curse somebody's line. But are we saying that God cursed Adams children? That sounds ridiculous. That would be to curse (and doom and make more difficult) His own project, which was to save mankind.

iouae

That's what vanity will do.

Course yer gonna have to explain how Adam freely chose anything bein' subjected to vanity and all. :rapture:

I have a feeling this is your generic answer to all questions ;)

So let us test your answer. What do you say being subject(ed) to vanity means?

I say it means everything we do is transient, short-lived, because it disappears after we die. That is what Solomon meant when he said "all is vanity".

So I see your answer that Adam was subject to vanity as having no bearing on Adam's choices.

How does Adam being made mortal make him unable to choose wisely?