Believing: Is it done BEFORE or AFTER one is in Christ?

glorydaz

Apply that to believing, and let's see if you did not do a thing.

I'll wait miss ninny.

Or you can run away and hide. Your choice.

Once I was blind, but now I see. You explain it as your deciding not to be blind anymore? Your deciding to believe? That's not what happened to me.

Samie

No it isn't. If it is, then Paul contradicted himself when he said salvation is through believing the Gospel, and that salvation is NOT of works.
You misunderstood what Paul wrote.

To be saved is to be in Christ. After one is in Christ he can then believe. Not the other way around.

glorydaz

So you're admitting the smallness of your person by calling me a ninny?

No, I called you a ninny because you sound like a ninny.

And because your position jibes with Jerry, you want to act as the judge and then decide who wins or loss in our discussion?

Jerry doesn't need any back up from me. I entered the discussion because I disagree with your claims. That's usually the way it works here. You know....a discussion board.

Your glory dazz not amaze me, sister.

I'm not your sister.

Samie

So all people are already justified, whether they believe the Gospel or not?
People are BEING justified. When one commits sin, the sin committed having been forgiven on the cross is NOT imputed against him (2 Cor 5:18, 19).

But the act of sinning reminds him that he is not an overcomer yet. He must overcome evil with good. This is where repentance comes in. As per our Lord, repent or perish. And only overcomers will Christ not blot out from the book of life.

musterion

People are BEING justified. When one commits sin, the sin committed having been forgiven on the cross is NOT imputed against him (2 Cor 5:18, 19).

But the act of sinning reminds him that he is not an overcomer yet. He must overcome evil with good. This is where repentance comes in. As per our Lord, repent or perish. And only overcomers will Christ not blot out from the book of life.

How does one get justified?

glorydaz

No. Your logic is sour.

People are born already in Christ, hence born with the capability to believe or to disbelieve. It is their choice whether to believe or not. If they choose NOT to believe, is God to blame? No.

Just like Adam. He was created with the capability to choose. He chose to sin. Do you blame God because Adam sinned? With your sour logic, you will.

Are you saying every human being is born IN CHRIST at their physical birth?

Samie

Then if one must repent - (as you define it) stop doing bad and start doing good - to be saved,
We don't repent to be saved; we already are saved, being already in Christ PRIOR to repenting. We repent so we become overcomers of evil. And being overcomers, Christ will not blot out our names from the book of life.

glorydaz

No.

Again, one cannot believe UNLESS he is in Christ Who said man can do NOTHING when NOT in Him.

People are born In Christ, because God implemented the plan of salvation He devised before the foundation of the world by saving Adam through Christ that same day he fell into sin, an act that cost the Father His only begotten Son - the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world!. With Adam in Christ, all his descendants are born in Christ.

That gracious, saving act of God was manifested in the life, death, resurrection and heavenly ministry of our Savior and Lord. see 2 Tim 1:8-10.

Ah, so you don't seem to have any concept of the CROSS. You sorta lump together the "foundation of the world" and John 15 with the disciples and what the RISEN LORD taught Paul after the resurrection. It's no wonder you're confused.

Samie

Ah, so you don't seem to have any concept of the CROSS. You sorta lump together the "foundation of the world" and John 15 with the disciples and what the RISEN LORD taught Paul after the resurrection. It's no wonder you're confused.
NO.

The cross is the revelation or manifestation of what God did through Christ - the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world - in His act of saving Adam that same day he fell into sin. see 2 Tim 1:8-10.