Alt-Trump

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does it matter if many of them are saying they did not?
Is it possible that any or all of them could be lying or exaggerating?
I don't know if any of them are being truthful or not.
Do you?

I heard countless stories of men's lives ruined because of accusations that turned out to be false.
So I'm not so willing to join with a lynch mob about it on that alone.

Why did you bring up Clinton when Trump was being discussed? :think:
BINGO!

You get an A+ for that one.

There is no reason to bring up any other situation of anyone else at all.
So when you see arguments like ...... white lives matter..... and someone bursts in and says "But what about black folks, don't they matter????", it's already fallen into the poor argument category.

You will be amazed at how many poor arguments are made in threads here every day.
Go through any of them.
You'll even start to spot it when you've done it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There's always a backlash in politics anymore.

What does this mean?

Trump was at least a partial whitelash to Obama and now a decent proportion of the electorate sees what an unqualified, divisive, buffoon he is. They've recognized that the Republican party has allowed him to fester and it's payback time.

No, they are always too stupid to see complex problems. Sadly each party wins and only wins by convincing stupid people they favour their best interest. The Democrats hate the rising Middle-Class, while the Republicans prefer them, but have no real concern for the Working-Class; they abhor the underclass..

When you say 'white wash to Obama' are you referring to Obama being black and Trump white washed this? I was never sold on Trump, but many I know were for big tax cuts. while thought his constant media attention seeking would reduce the chance of tax cuts. Jeb Bush, even he would have been better, being more reserved.

Your language structure is essentially racist

The biggest win really was in [the Virginia house of delegates where the republican super majority has been turned into a maybe one seat majority or a total loss (depending on recounts).

Anti-gay representative was beaten by the first openly transgendered state representative. Misogynist representative was beaten by a woman. The damage is only likely to get worse as Trump continues his polling slide.

How silly. People in that state are showing a resentment to Trump sure, but the rest you state and claim to being a set belief is baloney. No one thinks the person represents women, rather that it called a woman, even though it is a male. It is a sneaky way to appear not to be a misogynist
, and if that were the case, think about how many more women were better qualified to do the job; this only demonstrates the sexist and oppressive state of affair for women. This only demonstrates the patriarchy having to choose a man-made creature who society now believe it is PC, calling it a women. How oppressive to real women this actually is!

WizardofOz

Is it possible that any or all of them could be lying or exaggerating?
I don't know if any of them are being truthful or not.
Do you?

Yet you've labeled Clinton a sexual predator. Somehow you know his accusers are telling the truth but Trump's might not be. You don't find that, oh I don't know, just a tad inconsistent?

I heard countless stories of men's lives ruined because of accusations that turned out to be false.
So I'm not so willing to join with a lynch mob about it on that alone.
You labeled Weinstein and Spacey "pervs" yet you're incredulous when it comes to Trump.

I am content labeling them all scum. Where there's smoke there's fire. There are too many accusers for it to all be some conspiracy against these poor guys, Trump and Clinton included.

You label the entire lot but exclude Trump.

It's telling.

BINGO!

You get an A+ for that one.

There is no reason to bring up any other situation of anyone else at all.
So when you see arguments like ...... white lives matter..... and someone bursts in and says "But what about black folks, don't they matter????", it's already fallen into the poor argument category.

You will be amazed at how many poor arguments are made in threads here every day.
Go through any of them.
You'll even start to spot it when you've done it.

Then why did you do it?
Here
Here
and
Here

Are you spotting it when you do it?

It's a pattern. Whenever negative character traits of Trump are pointed out you deflect them onto Clinton.

Who is Clinton and how is this person relevant when we're discussing Trump?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yet you've labeled Clinton a sexual predator. Somehow you know his accusers are telling the truth but Trump's might not be. You don't find that, oh I don't know, just a tad inconsistent?
I believe I said in my previous post that trump was not near the sexual predator as Clinton.
Tell me how that is me saying that Trump is NOT a sexual predator?
I'll wait.

Are you spotting it when you do it?
Yes.
I even do it on purpose sometimes when the one I am arguing with does it.

It's a pattern. Whenever negative character traits of Trump are pointed out you deflect them onto Clinton.
Why are you bring up Clinton in the argument when you told me I shouldn't?

Who is Clinton and how is this person relevant when we're discussing Trump?
That's what I'd like to know.
Why do you keep asking about Clinton when you told me I shouldn't?

This is too easy.

My agenda was to show that saying someone doesn't care about victims because they don't hold the same political stance as you is a poor argument.
Have you seen anyone comment on whether they agree or not that it is a poor argument.
Nah, just post after post about who thinks who is the nicer one, and 'feelings', and anything or anybody else they can drag into it.
I'm sure Hitler will come up at some point.

I have mixed feeling about it sometimes when thinking of what's best for TOL.
On the one hand I would like to see legit arguments made, and leave out all the hubbub.
Then again, it seems to be the most popular thing to do on most any social media forum and keeps TOL very active, plus I get some giggles.
That's probably why I love this place so much.
No matter what mood I wake up in, there will be something at TOL for me.

WizardofOz

I believe I said in my previous post that trump was not near the sexual predator as Clinton.
Tell me how that is me saying that Trump is NOT a sexual predator?
I'll wait.

No need to wait. You asked
Does male locker-room talk make one a sexual predator?

How about you plainly say what you mean. Is Trump a sexual predator like Clinton or is he only guilty of "male locker-room talk"?

I even do it on purpose sometimes when the one I am arguing with does it.

I'm sure you're doing it on purpose...repeatedly. :plain:

Why are you bring up Clinton in the argument when you told me I shouldn't?

I'm not. You were. That's why I quoted you repeatedly bringing up Clinton when the person you were replying to was only ever discussing Trump.

That's what I'd like to know.
Why do you keep asking about Clinton when you told me I shouldn't?

This is too easy.

It has been far too easy to point out your hypocrisy in this regard, unfortunately.

drbrumley

Our Debt to Paula Jones
By Joseph Sobran

An Exerpt!

HE (Bill Clinton) arrived in Washington with a trail of sleazy rumors, some of them substantiated. The “respectable” press ignored all that, including the fact that Gennifer Flowers had enjoyed rapid promotion as a state employee (and had tapes of Clinton urging her to lie about their liaison). It ignored “right-wing” reports that he’d used state troopers to procure women. Such stories illustrated his readiness to abuse power for sleazy purposes, but they were treated as cheap sex gossip. When Paula Jones told her story, it fit the pattern — but was rejected as unworthy of serious attention.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
os-ed-letters-roy-moore-cartoon-021615-20150212

Get on the Trump Train or get run over

One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived.
- Niccolo Machiavelli

What train, "The Donald" will be less than pleased that news of his Asia trip is being overshadowed by more Republicans behaving badly - Judge Roy Moore and General Michael Flynn!

What's worse, Moore's attraction to underage girls is resurrecting comparisons to Trump's comments on the "Access Hollywood" tapes - the last thing this President wants to hear!

Danoh

Danoh,

I'm not here to argue with you on this thread, I just got a lot of amusement out of "I do not post on this forum but here and there", and you have in excess of 13,000 posts in 3 years. You just tickled my funny bone was all.... :D

:chuckle:

My point was about how little I post on this, the "Politics" Forum on TOL.

I mostly post on the "ECT" Forum on TOL.

And every so often I'll post on the "Religion," or on the "And Everything Else" Forum.

I had begun to think you were a bit more efficient than most in your ability to note finer distinctions between things.

But I guess I have ya beat on this one, at least, at this time :D

Danoh

Well, if Trump is indeed a sexual predator, than he is unfit for office....just as Clinton was unfit for office....

Both are/were unfit for office - sexual predators or not.

Both jointly scammed millions of everyday middle-class investors out of hundreds millions of dollars in that Trump Taj Mahal investment scandal that both Bill and Donald were behind, back when the Clintons and the Trumps were buddy-buddy for "filthy lucre's sake."

But the ever hypocritical Trump supporter must insist on his or her deflection, whenever their false idol is spoken of in the poor light he has both earned, and continues to earn for himself.

Danoh

os-ed-letters-roy-moore-cartoon-021615-20150212

One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived.
- Niccolo Machiavelli

What train, "The Donald" will be less than pleased that news of his Asia trip is being overshadowed by more Republicans behaving badly - Judge Roy Moore and General Michael Flynn!

What's worse, Moore's attraction to underage girls is resurrecting comparisons to Trump's comments on the "Access Hollywood" tapes - the last thing this President wants to hear!

There's also that video where Trump is not only openly lusting after that one woman, but where he then follows that with not only making very lewd remarks about, but with groping her.

And as he openly admitted in that Access Hollywood tape "they let me."

Some women will; no doubt about it.

Women of loose morals.

That still does not justify such behavior.

And no Believer should be rationalizing it.

Ever.

Genesis 39:6 And he left all that he had in Joseph's hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured. 39:7 And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me. 39:8 But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand; 39:9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God? 39:10 And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her. 39:11 And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within. 39:12 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.

But, the ever self-deluded Trump supporting, religious alt-right hypocrite asserts Trump's bragging of his sexually predatory habits "was all just locker room talk."

Trump did say his self-deluded base will excuse any unbecoming conduct on his part - even out in the open murder.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But, the ever self-deluded Trump supporting, religious alt-right hypocrite asserts Trump's bragging of his sexually predatory habits "was all just locker room talk."
Who said it was all JUST locker room talk?

I love how you always twist the story just enough for you to claim moral high ground over others.
You do execute that knack well.

glorydaz

Who said it was all JUST locker room talk?

I love how you always twist the story just enough for you to claim moral high ground over others.
You do execute that knack well.

Looks to me like Trump has turned out to be pretty tame compared to Hollywood. Sailors, loggers, bikers, football players, truckers....we have quite a list to go down if we want to keep picking on poor old Trump. But, Danoh will do it. Truth be told, those who gripe the loudest about Trump's comments are probably the very ones who easily outdo him in their real life.