Alt-Trump

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
MmWfQKz.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you really care about the church shooting, Anna, or do you just want to use it as a political ploy to protest racism?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Do you really care about the church shooting, Anna, or do you just want to use it as a political ploy to protest racism?

Do you really care what I think, Tambora, or do you want to go back to the thread that politicized the shooting on its first page and has continued to do so throughout?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
or do you want to go back to the thread that politicized the shooting on its first page and has continued to do so throughout?
I haven't politicized it.
I have given rational reason why what those 2 brave citizen did was the correct thing for any citizen that cares for their community should be doing.
That's not political, because I would still think the same whether Dems or Reps expressed the same thought.
That is not a protest against any political office, or race, or religion.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Sometimes.

Maybe you'll care what I say next, or maybe not.

I posted that diagram in this thread precisely because I didn't want to put it in the church shooting thread. However, I think that diagram is a very accurate illustration of what I see here and that's why I posted it. Maybe it will give someone pause for thought, although not a regular here - the lines are too sharply drawn. Maybe a visitor.

Despite your low opinion, I grieved for those poor people. The children, the parents trying to shield their little ones, the elderly... all of them. Victims of a shooter they couldn't escape. Remember the college shooting where sod said they were cowards for not fighting back? I wonder if he'd try that same tactic on the victims in a small church in Texas. The thread you've been active on and I haven't was politicized from the first page and onward, first with musterion implying (incorrectly) that it would be a muslim or some other demographic other than a white American male. It went from there, to discussions of gun control and what have you and I knew it would and I didn't want to be a part of it.

That doesn't mean I don't care about what happened to those victims, to the wounded survivors who have to live with what they saw, and to the grieving families whose loved ones went to church that day and didn't come home.

Gary K

Banned
Danoh,

You and said "grace" frauds well know I do not post on this forum but here and there, and that when I do, my post is as likely to be in connection with your false idol: Trump, as on some other subject altogether.

I'm not here to argue with you on this thread, I just got a lot of amusement out of "I do not post on this forum but here and there", and you have in excess of 13,000 posts in 3 years. You just tickled my funny bone was all.... :D

fool

Hall of Fame
There's always a backlash in politics anymore.
It's a pendulum, it swings back and forth.

Trump was at least a partial whitelash to Obama
Trump was the disposal of the Republican and Democrat Establishment.

and now a decent proportion of the electorate sees what an unqualified, divisive, buffoon he is.
He's strong medicine alright.

They've recognized that the Republican party has allowed him to fester and it's payback time.

The biggest win really was in the Virginia house of delegates where the republican supermajority has been turned into a maybe one seat majority or a total loss (depending on recounts).

Anti-gay representative was beaten by the first openly transgendered state representative.
That's a victory for Trump, https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/23/us/politics/donald-trump-gay-rights.html

Misogynist representative was beaten by a woman. The damage is only likely to get worse as Trump continues his polling slide.
Trump is pro Women;
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/the-frontline-interview-barbara-res/

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That doesn't mean I don't care about what happened to those victims,
I' glad you said that.

Because we do see a lot of that kind of sentiment from both sides, as if because when we disagree with the stance means we don't care about the victims.

If you care about the safety of your community you wouldn't let any of them have guns.
If you care about the safety of your community you wouldn't prevent them from having guns.

It's a poor argument that many people fall for.

But the main problem is that many who use it don't see it as a poor argument when they use it.

You could go through several threads here and spot it from both sides.

On this we agree.
(We do agree on some things, you know.)
But even with that said, I feel rather confident that both you and I will still use that tactic at sometime.
Why?
Because you and I know that it will put the other on the defensive and get flustered and they will start spouting about who cares the most instead of the actual agenda being discussed.

And I will admit that sometimes I get some giggles watching how some will bend due to it because they don't want anyone to think they are an unkind person.
Half of the arguments made on this site are just poor argument phrases that you can repeat right back at them against their own stance.
And when I see that's the way they want to play, I sometimes oblige them.
But that's just me being me.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I' glad you said that.

Because we do see a lot of that kind of sentiment from both sides, as if because when we disagree with the stance means we don't care about the victims.
If you care about the safety of your community you wouldn't let any of them have guns.
If you care about the safety of your community you wouldn't prevent them from having guns.​

You know, Tambora, it didn't occur to me that you wouldn't care about the victims.

On this we agree.
(We do agree on some things, you know.)
But even with that said, I feel rather confident that both you and I will still use that tactic at sometime.
Why?
Because you and I know that it will put the other on the defensive and get flustered and they will start spouting about who cares the most instead of the actual agenda being discussed.

And I will admit that sometimes I get some giggles watching how some will bend due to it because they don't want anyone to think they are an unkind person.
Half of the arguments made on this site are just poor argument phrases that you can repeat right back at them against their own stance.
And when I see that's the way they want to play, I sometimes oblige them.
But that's just me being me.

So did you get the giggles by waiting and watching me tell you that I cared about the victims?

Because if your intent was to manipulate me so I would say 'of course I care..." then I guess you should be quite happy right now. Enjoy your moment.

WizardofOz

Does male locker-room talk make one a sexual predator?
That's gonna include most of the male population.

Going up to a woman and grabbing her in the pu**y is the action of a sexual predator.

You're naive if you don't think he's ever actually done this and are simply compartmentalizing it as "locker room talk".

But you'll call Clinton a sexual predator because partisanship.

Do you really think they are all lying?

Really?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know, Tambora, it didn't occur to me that you wouldn't care about the victims.
Nor me about you.
And yet neither of us defends the other when others say either of us don't care.
Not saying never, just usually.
Hmmm, I know, it must be a club conspiracy thing!
(Had to throw that in for Danoh.)

So did you get the giggles by waiting and watching me tell you that I cared about the victims?

Because if your intent was to manipulate me so I would say 'of course I care..." then I guess you should be quite happy right now. Enjoy your moment.
There ya go!
Skip the agenda being presented and go for the 'feelings'.

How about it TOL? Would you like to see Anna and I demonstrate more poor argument tactics?
Cause us two ladies know how the game is played and can spot in a heartbeat.
Anna:roses: and Tambora:roses:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Going up to a woman and grabbing her in the pu**y is the action of a sexual predator.

You're naive if you don't think he's ever actually done this and are simply compartmentalizing it as "locker room talk".

Did Trump ever do that? We know for sure that Bill Clinton raped and had sexual relations with an intern in the White House. We you even born when Willy did that?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Nor me about you.

Then why did you ask the question in the first place?

And yet neither of us defends the other when others say either of us don't care.

But that wasn't what we were talking about, was it?

There ya go!
Skip the agenda being presented and go for the 'feelings'.

Umm... no. I'm taking your words at face value. You may want to go back and read them again.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did he not say they "let" him?

I highlighted the flaw in your argument.

Nope.
I liked Kennedy as President, even though he fooled around.
Kennedy was a Democrat.

Got anything else?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then why did you ask the question in the first place?

But that wasn't what we were talking about, was it?

Umm... no. I'm taking your words at face value. You may want to go back and read them again.
Perfect demonstration.
Thank you.

Can you spot it, TOL members?
(You will be graded.)