Abortion and The Holocaust....Differences?

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're right. But at no time should the discussion of any atrocity take on a mocking tone. Mocking can lead to desensitization and trivialization.

I think the devil would love if we didn't know he existed. If he can't get that, being trivialized would probably be his second choice.

Not sure where you’re coming from.
The Holocaust is of course no laughing matter. But the perpetrators deserve to be berated with contempt and ridicule.
Same with abortion. (Similarity)

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
You can be certain that I agree that no one has the right to intentionally, with force (without permission), invade another living human’s body for the purpose of taking a kidney for the use of yet another.

This kind of evil is what the SS did and this kind of evil is what PP does.

Similarity!

We’re looking for differences!!!

In otherwords, the government shouldn't demand a "right to intentionally, with force (without permission), invade another living human’s body..."...except if that body is pregnant (and not yours). Right?

DING! We've found (another) difference folks...Cobra's hypocrisy. :wave2:

Was it the baby’s intent to be conceived in a particular woman’s body?

That particular woman should have no right to then intentionally, with force (without permission), invade that baby’s body with suction catheters, forceps, or any other device for the purpose of killing him/her...whether it be for his/her kidneys or so mom can be a cheerleader her senior year.

Keep trying. Or not.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
So far, only three differences between abortion and The Holocaust.

1. Scale of the slaughter
2. Level of intimidation by the government (this gap may be closing)
3. Level of victims’ foreknowledge

And, so far, each difference is a matter of scope. Interesting.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
There are numerous similarities between abortion and The Holocaust.

The dehumanization of human beings, the economic “justification,” the use of victims’ bodies for research, the incinerators, and on and on.

It would seem more economical then, to find differences.

So, can anyone offer a significant difference between the two?

The premise of your question depends on how you define a clump or pile of cells as a human being or not.

And whether or not you preference those cells over the live of the mother and the experience of the young child who takes their first breath and begins to live in the world.

But you already knew that.

quip

BANNED
Banned
That particular woman should have no right to then intentionally, with force (without permission), invade that baby’s body with suction catheters, forceps, or any other device for the purpose of killing him/her...whether it be for his/her kidneys or so mom can be a cheerleader her senior year.

Why not, it's sponging off her body...not the other way around?

One "can be certain" you'd deny the same encroachment upon your body.

Why the double standard?

Last edited:

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
The premise of your question depends on how you define a clump or pile of cells as a human being or not.
Yes, we're talking human beings here. Not "vermin" like Nazi Himmler would say. Or a "disease" like abortionist Hern would say.

And whether or not you preference those cells over the live of the mother and the experience of the young child who takes their first breath and begins to live in the world.

At what point and for what reason do you think "those cells" should be protected?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why not, it's sponging off her body...not the other way around?
The child continues to 'sponge' off people after the child is born.

At what point would you consider 'sponging' off another to NOT be a reasonable reason to kill them?

I mean, we have a large group of folks on welfare that 'sponge' off others.
And yet, we don't get the 'option' to eliminate them from sponging off us.
If forced 'sponging' is a crime deserving of death, we are way behind on the killing of the spongers.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1. The United States decides that all unborn fetuses are ... not-human.
Check.

[And] evil beings that are dangerous to society.
Unwanted pregnancies are vilified, but only to draw attention away from the fact that people are being murdered.

The United States goes on a national campaign to locate [unwanted babies] and destroy them.
Check. The US funds this practice and calls it "healthcare."
The United States kills [babies], even if people try hiding them
Check. A woman who becomes pregnant will often be coerced into getting an abortion, while the murderer ignores the coercion.
The United States considers protecting a fetus a crime.
Check. Anti-abortion activists are routinely pursued, while murderers are sent on their way.

The underlying question to the abortion debate is when does human life and human civil rights start. The presumption in this thread is immediately upon conception, but there are arguments in either direction.
The only reason to deny the personhood of the unborn is to try to justify their extermination.

It is possible to be anti-abortion, yet think that a fetus is not the same as a born human.
Just like a five-year-old is not the same as a 25-year-old.

Abortion in that case would be a crime, but not murder.
Solely because you have denied one group their personhood.

Last edited:

glassjester

The only reason to deny the personhood of the unborn is to try to justify their extermination.

True. And the proof of this is in its selective application in our laws.

If I'm an unborn child, and a man tears me out of the womb and kills me, he can be charged with murder... unless he has a note from my mom saying it's alright.

Now why can my mother give permission to kill me, but if anyone else does it, it's murder?

Either I'm "murderable" or not, right?

quip

BANNED
Banned
The child continues to 'sponge' off people after the child is born.

At what point would you consider 'sponging' off another to NOT be a reasonable reason to kill them?

Generally speaking, and under the context of abortion.....uhhh outside the womb. :duh:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Yes, we're talking human beings here. Not "vermin" like Nazi Himmler would say. Or a "disease" like abortionist Hern would say.
++++++++++++++++++++++
Calling human beings like terrorists, immigrants and gays as a "disease," "vermin" or "inhuman" is hardly pro-life. The hypocrisy of the anti-abortionists is well known and the underlying truth of it is usually dealt with by blaming and dehumanizing others.

My own opinion, of course.

At what point and for what reason do you think "those cells" should be protected?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a gray area, although there are some guidelines gynecologists can follow. But again, any native speaker of English knows this full well.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If they cannot be protected, then they should be made available to finding cures for disease or birth defects. We should honor, protect and help those who are truly alive and have some sort of self-awareness of themselves and their own bodies apart from the uterus.

God created Adam by breathing life into his nostrils. As a serious Christian I take that metaphor as truth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Generally speaking, and under the context of abortion.....uhhh outside the womb. :duh:
So then it is not about the child sponging at all. Cause they still sponge off others after they are born.

quip

BANNED
Banned
So then it is not about the child sponging at all. Cause they still sponge off others after they are born.

Well, that's the implication you're attempting to sell...not me.

Seems like you've fully convinced yourself. :chuckle:

Think about it Tam. The fetus resides within the womb, totally reliant upon it's host's body for its survival (the mother BTW) and in the cases of an undesired pregnancy....exist as a trespass upon said mom's body.

Sure, you may not like the particular term...even though its quite accurate.

glassjester

The fetus resides within the womb, totally reliant upon it's host's body for its survival (the mother BTW) and in the cases of an undesired pregnancy....exist as a trespass upon said mom's body.

You seem to be implying that the crime of trespassing should be punishable by death.

Even if that were so, you're leaving out the single most important detail from your prosecution of the unborn child: culpability.

It is not the unborn child's fault that he is there.

glassjester

And one more thing, Quip. You call the unborn child an unwanted trespasser.

Could I not, by your same depraved logic, charge the mother with wrongful imprisonment?

The unborn child is forced to live, through no fault or action of his own, in a place. He is not allowed to leave this place for 9 months, on punishment of death. And you have the nerve to call him a trespasser?

It would be like if someone knocked me unconscious, took me in a space shuttle up into orbit, and then said, "Now get out of my space shuttle; you're trespassing."

That's murder, man.