Abortion and The Holocaust....Differences?

quip

BANNED
Banned
You seem to be implying that the crime of trespassing should be punishable by death.

Is that actually what you gleen from this scenario...or are you just being intentionally dumb?

Even if that were so, you're leaving out the single most important detail from your prosecution of the unborn child: culpability.

Culpability for what..having sex? Chastise her lustful ways till the cows come home, at this late juncture of the discussion...it's of zero relevance.

It is not the unborn child's fault that he is there.

Likewise, it's not the child's fault it can't survive outside the womb.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was a rhetorical device. The baby cannot harbor any intent.

I though this to be obvious. No?

But the mother can ... and does. By punishing her innocent child for merely being in the place she put him.

glassjester

Is that actually what you gleen from this scenario...or are you just being intentionally dumb?

My, my - be nice, now. You said the unborn baby is "a trespass"... didn't you?

Culpability for what..having sex? Chastise her lustful ways till the cows come home, at this late juncture of the discussion...it's of zero relevance.

Not the mother, Quip. You're leaving out the culpability of the child.
He's not culpable for any supposed trespass. So why punish him for it?

quip

BANNED
Banned
My, my - be nice, now. You said the unborn baby is "a trespass"... didn't you?

Not the mother, Quip. You're leaving out the culpability of the child.
He's not culpable for any supposed trespass. So why punish him for it?

But the mother can ... and does. By punishing her innocent child for merely being in the place she put him.

It simply nature. It simply can't survive sans the womb...remove it, it dies.

Punishment is simply a projection, an appeal to emotion.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Pregnancy is only a *punishment* if one views children as unlovable and unwanted ... or even compares them to parasites and tumors.

bybee

It is not too much to expect people to behave responsibly.
We expect people to obey traffic laws. Some thought to the idea that an innocent child may be the result of your behavior is certainly not asking too much.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Pregnancy is only a *punishment* if one views children as unlovable and unwanted ... or even compares them to parasites and tumors.

Unwanted pregnancy. Sorry if this notion offends you....but the world we live in doesn't always conform to our delicate sensibilities.

quip

BANNED
Banned
It is not too much to expect people to behave responsibly.
We expect people to obey traffic laws. Some thought to the idea that an innocent child may be the result of your behavior is certainly not asking too much.

Not at all...but as we all know, shtuff happens....we must deal with it.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Ok. The word punish is on the no-no list. Got it.

Why kill him for it, then?

Better? Did I use the right words for you?

We could surgically have them removed only to watch them suffer and die...that is, if you can justify such expense to the average, fiscally conservative health center administration.

glassjester

We could surgically have them removed only to watch them suffer and die...that is, if you can justify such expense to the average, fiscally conservative health center administration.

Yes, right. Those are the only options, right?

1. Kill the unborn child immediately.
2. Kill the unborn child slowly.

Wait, wait...

3. Don't kill anyone.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unwanted pregnancy. Sorry if this notion offends you....but the world we live in doesn't always conform to our delicate sensibilities.

No one has to get pregnant. Insofar as your sarcasm about my *delicate sensibilities* ... abortion (a mother intentionally killing her unborn baby) should offend everyone.

quip

BANNED
Banned
No one has to get pregnant. Insofar as your sarcasm about my *delicate sensibilities* ... abortion (a mother intentionally killing her unborn baby) should offend everyone.

"should" prescriptive, subjective ..end of story.

glassjester

I'm very interested to know, Quip, what you would say to a woman who is 26 weeks pregnant, and decides she doesn't want to be pregnant anymore.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"should" prescriptive, subjective ..end of story.

The *end of story* makes a clear statement about you and the fact the you promote using abortion as THE method for birth control.

quip

BANNED
Banned

Wait, wait...

3. Don't kill anyone.

Three is fine with me ....choose at your moral discretion, just allow others the freedom to do likewise.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The *end of story* makes a clear statement about you and the fact the you promote using abortion as THE method for birth control.

Yes, and I kick little puppies and push cross-walking grandmothers in front of moving buses too! :rolleyes:

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, we're talking human beings here. Not "vermin" like Nazi Himmler would say. Or a "disease" like abortionist Hern would say.
++++++++++++++++++++++
Calling human beings like terrorists, immigrants and gays as a "disease," "vermin" or "inhuman" is hardly pro-life. The hypocrisy of the anti-abortionists is well known and the underlying truth of it is usually dealt with by blaming and dehumanizing others.

My own opinion, of course.

At what point and for what reason do you think "those cells" should be protected?
You need to learn how to use the quote feature. That in yellow was obviously from some idiot, not me.
You can still edit it properly if you want to appear honest.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a gray area, although there are some guidelines gynecologists can follow. But again, any native speaker of English knows this full well.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If they cannot be protected, then they should be made available to finding cures for disease or birth defects. We should honor, protect and help those who are truly alive and have some sort of self-awareness of themselves and their own bodies apart from the uterus.

God created Adam by breathing life into his nostrils. As a serious Christian I take that metaphor as truth.
So by your stance, and so long as he wasn't yet "apart from the uterus," Elizabeth had the right (had she chosen) to have John (the Baptist) ripped apart (maybe in a “less crunchy” manner) so his cell line could be used to develop a better tasting, healthier drink.
Seriously...are you serious??

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER

Wait, wait...

3. Don't kill anyone.

1. Kill the Jew immediately.
2. Kill the Jew slowly.
3. Don't kill anyone.

Three is fine with me ....choose at your moral discretion, just allow others the freedom to do likewise.
You’re supposed to be looking for differences between abortion and The Holocaust, quip. Not celebrating the similarities.