ECT A further MAD error 2

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm going to make it really simple:

Those who believed in the LORD as he walked the earth were in the church of Matthew 16.

Those who responded to the Acts 2 message and the apostles doctrine were added to the church of Matthew 16.

Those who rejected the apostles doctrine were cut off (like Saul), but instead of casting them away, God offered them entrance into the Body of Christ.

A remnant of these that rejected the apostles doctrine were gathered during Acts, into the Body.

By the close of Acts, this remnant was gathered, and the gospel of Christ became the gospel of the grace of God and was offered to anyone. It was no longer to the Jew first.
Amen!

1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV

Great post, Brother!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those who responded to the Acts 2 message and the apostles doctrine were added to the church of Matthew 16.

Those who rejected the apostles doctrine were cut off (like Saul), but instead of casting them away, God offered them entrance into the Body of Christ.

On the road to Damascus, Jesus said to Saul: "Saul! Why do you persecute me?"

The only people that Saul had been persecuting was the believers in what you call "the church of Matthew 16".

Yet, MAD claims "the church of Matthew 16" was made up of believers who were NOT in the Body of Christ.

Yet, Jesus Himself, refers to these believers as "Me".

SaulToPaul 2

On the road to Damascus, Jesus said to Saul: "Saul! Why do you persecute me?"

The only people that Saul had been persecuting was the believers in what you call "the church of Matthew 16".

Yet, MAD claims "the church of Matthew 16" was made up of believers who were NOT in the Body of Christ.

Yet, Jesus Himself, refers to these believers as "Me".

So, they were in Christ.
I am the vine, ye are the branches.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A remnant of these that rejected the apostles doctrine were gathered during Acts, into the Body.

So, the Jews who believed in Christ before Paul's conversion were not part of "the remnant"?

You are claiming that only Jews who rejected Jesus and the Apostles before Paul's conversion, and then believed after Paul's conversion made up the remnant?

Is this what you are claiming?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, they were in Christ.
I am the vine, ye are the branches.

How can a believer be "in Christ", but at the same time not be part of "The Body of Christ" as you claim?

(Luke 22:19) And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

SaulToPaul 2

How can a believer be "in Christ", but at the same time not be part of "The Body of Christ" as you claim?

(Luke 22:19) And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

Read the 4 gospels on how they were to "abide in him".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Read the 4 gospels on how they were to "abide in him".

Well yes, that's because the New Covenant had not been put in place yet.

However, after the NC was put in place, the Apostle Paul references the breaking of bread in 1 Cor 11.

1 Corinthians 11 begins with:

(1 Cor 11:1 KJV) Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Why would the Apostle Paul tell the Corinthians to do the same thing Jesus told His Disciples to do if the Disciples were not part of the BOC (your claim)?

Most MADists claim that communion is NOT for believers today. Correct?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There is no difference between references to Christ's "church," and references to the spiritual "body of Christ."

e.g. Ephesians 5:23

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Depends which church

Was the church in the wilderness the Body of Christ?

Did they have the word of God? Were they guided by the Holy Spirit? Was there a remnant of regenerated souls in their midst that believed the covenant promises of God?

Yes, the above saints in the wilderness, were and are part of the spiritual body of Christ; His church.

john w

Hall of Fame
Did they have the word of God? Were they guided by the Holy Spirit? Was there a remnant of regenerated souls in their midst that believed the covenant promises of God?

Yes, the above saints in the wilderness, were and are part of the spiritual body of Christ; His church.

Winged it. Made up...More "spiritual" contortions, back flips, spin, cart wheels..... than Olga Corbett, Cathy Rigby, the Chinese women's Olympic gymnastic team. Twisted pretzel Nag can "prove" anythin', Lucy.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Was the church in the wilderness the Body of Christ?

Why is it so hard for you Dispensationalists to understand that "Body of Christ" is a metaphor, and is no different than the "Vine and Branches" metaphor, or "Shepherd and Sheep" metaphor?