9/11 American Muslims

Quetzal

Deception and corruption is a large part of history in general.
Right, so why is everyone so bent on singling out the 1.6 billion Muslim population when they refuse to hold themselves and their heritage to the same standard?

SalemCat

The difference between Christians and Muslims is, for us, killing those who do not believe is murder. For the Muslim, they are told to kill the unbelievers, that it is their duty. That is what makes them an enemy of the state. Deception is a way of life for them.

Allah and the acts committed in his name are identical to Satan's.

Quetzal

That's your answer to deception and corruption in Christian history books?? In comparison to Islamic evil??

Ok, so in other words you got nothing.
I was just warming up the bullpen before we talked about the Crusades. How many of them were there, again? My point is, taking an elitist position and judging an entire culture of people based on the acts of .005% of them is stupid.

brewmama

I was just warming up the bullpen before we talked about the Crusades. How many of them were there, again? My point is, taking an elitist position and judging an entire culture of people based on the acts of .005% of them is stupid.

The only deception and corruption in Christian history in regards to the Crusades is how they have been distorted from a defensive war to an offensive one. Doesn't help your claim at all.

And what's really stupid is ignoring how many Muslims have no problem with sharia, violence, killing apostates, etc, even though they don't all do it.

chair

The only deception and corruption in Christian history in regards to the Crusades is how they have been distorted from a defensive war to an offensive one. Doesn't help your claim at all.

And what's really stupid is ignoring how many Muslims have no problem with sharia, violence, killing apostates, etc, even though they don't all do it.

Jews were very fond of the Crusades. So were the residents of Constantinople.

brewmama

Jews were very fond of the Crusades. So were the residents of Constantinople.

I don't believe either of those events are in any way part of a deceptive or corrupt telling of history, certainly not in the Christians' favor, so again, doesn't help the argument. Although there is a lot more to the story of Constantinople than you may think, and I do know quite a bit about it being Orthodox. It was a series of misadventures that turned out badly. However, the Eastern Christians did indeed implore the Western Christians to come and help them against the marauding Muslims.

Speaking of which, the Jews have even more to fear from Muslims than from Crusaders 800 years ago.

bybee

We certainly have what to fear, though how to judge which is worse is beyond me.

Comparisons can be dangerously misleading. They often seek to minimize the clear and present danger of today.
I don't give half-a-rat's-hind-end for what happened yesterday.
Let us marshal our resources to tackle today's problems.

Quetzal

Plenty of Christians on this very site who also support violence against minorities and opposing faiths, the difference is I do not judge all Christians by those actions and beliefs.

bybee

Plenty of Christians on this very site who also support violence against minorities and opposing faiths, the difference is I do not judge all Christians by those actions and beliefs.

But, Christians have as their witness Jesus the Christ, Prince of Peace and His words as contained in the New Testament.
Whereas, All Muslims have as their witness Muhammad and the words of the Qur'an.
The difference is that the destruction of Western civilization is the goal of Islam.
Christianity seems to be dying of its own inertia.

lifeisgood

The term ‘moderate Muslim’ is a term given to differentiate those who kill without any compunction and those that do not have the power or the stomach to do so yet. NO SUCH A THING as a ‘moderate Muslim’ in the Quran. I’ve looked.

The ones who are MOST hurt ALL the time are the MUSLIMS themselves for their RELIGION has no compassion whatsoever for anybody. Even Mohammed did not know if his Allah was going to accept him.

If you don’t believe that Muslims are the most hurt all the time, listen to someone such as Brigitte Gabriel or Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

Anyone who really wants to learn about Islam can check this excellent site http://www.politicalislam.com/. Dr. Bill Warner wrote ‘An Abridged Koran’ where all of the repetition is removed.

I pray for the Muslims all the time for they need the salvation Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary purchased ALSO for them. Like Brother Swaggart say, ‘they can close the doors but they cannot close the roof (satellite)’. There are Muslims who are being saved by the preaching of the Gospel.

lifeisgood

Comparisons can be dangerously misleading. They often seek to minimize the clear and present danger of today.

That's how many hide behind (comparisons) so they do not have to deal with the real situation.

I don't give half-a-rat's-hind-end for what happened yesterday.
Let us marshal our resources to tackle today's problems.

As Jesus said in Matthew 6:34 — Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

lifeisgood

Plenty of Christians on this very site who also support violence against minorities and opposing faiths, the difference is...

Christianity DOES NOT advocate killing anybody. Islam does though.

I do not judge all Christians by those actions and beliefs.

I do judge the actions of those who say they are Christians and are not --- giving Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary a bad name.

I do not judge Muslims, however, I do judge the religion of Islam.

Quetzal

But, Christians have as their witness Jesus the Christ, Prince of Peace and His words as contained in the New Testament.
If that is the case, why are there Christians that advocate for the exact opposite? Point stands, there are outliers and extremists in every tradition. It does not make all practitioners of said traditions guilty by association.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Who, where?