7th Grade Students Required to Write 'Allah Is the Only God' in Tennessee

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Totally and completely untrue.

God loves fags, as you put it, as much as He loves you and me.
God hates homosexuality.

my bad - i should have defined my terms

"fags" refers to those homosexuals who push for societal acceptance of their perversion

it does not refer to those who struggle with perverted feelings and urges and recognize that they are disgusting and perverted

If what you say would be true, then not one fag, as you put it, has ever been saved, which is untrue as many homosexuals have been saved and forgiven and now preach the good news of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary for them.

those aren't fags :idunno:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Our government school system is one of the most immoral aspects of our government. We should stand up and fight for its end, thus improving God's institution of government.

I can name numerous churches that supposedly believe in God that are 'marrying' people of the same gender (they're allowed to do so due to immoral government legislation); can you name any public schools that have had similar ceremonies?

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of terrible things going on in our education system (not only public, but private as well).

I'll address the history of the American education system, when and why it changed, the importance of getting it back, and how to go about doing so in my WHMBR! Part 4 thread soon.

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can name numerous churches that supposedly believe in God that are 'marrying' people of the same gender (they're allowed to do so due to immoral government legislation); can you name any public schools that have had similar ceremonies?
It’s even worse. Those “churches” are supporting those already committed to sin. Government schools are prompting kids to “explore” homosexuality, encouraging “gender liberation.” Get ‘em while they’re young!
Not to mention the school “nurse” secretly driving victims to Planned PareTheHood.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of terrible things going on in our education system (not only public, but private as well).
You are not wrong here.

I'll address the history of the American education system, when and why it changed, the importance of getting it back, and how to go about doing so in my WHMBR! Part 4 thread soon.
Putting new wine into old wine skins will only ruin the wine. Even Carrie Nation couldn’t have dreamed of the amount of ruined wine we have today.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
WE JUST NEED GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN - we need gov't to run the schools, wall street, military, groceries, everything ! we could all have government jobs !!!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

It’s even worse. Those “churches” are supporting those already committed to sin.

Yet their purpose is to help them be free from sin.

Should we abandon the Church all together because in some cases it's been hijacked by sexual deviants?

Government schools are prompting kids to “explore” homosexuality, encouraging “gender liberation.” Get ‘em while they’re young!
Not to mention the school “nurse” secretly driving victims to Planned PareTheHood.

Some are, some aren't, but that's beside the point. Do you run from a fire that is starting to get out of control knowing that innocent children are inside the building, or do you extinguish it and start building again with a solid foundation including the use of vigilant fire marshals?

Quote:

You are not wrong here.

And who is to blame? (The adults that let it happen).

Quote:

Putting new wine into old wine skins will only ruin the wine. Even Carrie Nation couldn’t have dreamed of the amount of ruined wine we have today.

Yet the righteousness of our public school system goes back much further than what we've been seeing in the past few decades.

A solid foundation is hard to destroy, we just need a lot of "vigilant fire marshals".

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Oh noes, the sky's about to fall on everyone...:eek:

Could you be any more of a pompous asinine crank?

:freak:

No kidding. Here's a statement from the director of the school system in question:
Message from Director Dr. Marczak: By now, many of you have heard what is taking place with concerns to the teaching section of middle school social studies. The standards that we have in place from the State of Tennessee are newer standards that were developed in 2013 and implemented last year, 2014-15 school year. In middle school, the standards have us address early American History, world history early civilizations to the Roman Empire, middle ages through exploration of the Americas, and colonization to reconstruction of the Americas. Our teachers work together to make sure that our students are learning what is expected through the Tennessee academic standards. For this last section on the Islamic World this past week, our educators had students complete an assignment that had an emphasis on Islamic Faith. The assignment covered some sensitive topics that are of importance to Islamic religion and caused some confusion around whether we are asking students to believe in or simply understand the religion. It is our job as a public school system to educate our students on world history in order to be ready to compete in a global society, not to endorse one religion over another or indoctrinate.

I encourage all Maury County parents to be their child's first and main teacher. It is our job as parents of our own children to instill in them the beliefs of our individual households. It's important that we establish a good working relationship with our children's teachers and schools so that when there are questions or concerns, teachers and principals are the first line of asking. If we are truly going to Grow Maury County together, then we need to openly talk and discuss about what we want to emphasize in our county. I encourage you to talk with your children, talk with your teachers, and talk with your principals. We are here to help your children be prepared for Life.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Weird, i have a stellar A+ education, and no world history class was i ever asked to write the shahada.

No child should have to write it.

I guess though some of you would be ok with your atheist and otherwise kids writing:

Jesus Christ is God and the only way.

I bet the lawsuits would be flying like crazy.

Arthur Brain

No kidding. Here's a statement from the director of the school system in question:
Message from Director Dr. Marczak: By now, many of you have heard what is taking place with concerns to the teaching section of middle school social studies. The standards that we have in place from the State of Tennessee are newer standards that were developed in 2013 and implemented last year, 2014-15 school year. In middle school, the standards have us address early American History, world history early civilizations to the Roman Empire, middle ages through exploration of the Americas, and colonization to reconstruction of the Americas. Our teachers work together to make sure that our students are learning what is expected through the Tennessee academic standards. For this last section on the Islamic World this past week, our educators had students complete an assignment that had an emphasis on Islamic Faith. The assignment covered some sensitive topics that are of importance to Islamic religion and caused some confusion around whether we are asking students to believe in or simply understand the religion. It is our job as a public school system to educate our students on world history in order to be ready to compete in a global society, not to endorse one religion over another or indoctrinate.

I encourage all Maury County parents to be their child's first and main teacher. It is our job as parents of our own children to instill in them the beliefs of our individual households. It's important that we establish a good working relationship with our children's teachers and schools so that when there are questions or concerns, teachers and principals are the first line of asking. If we are truly going to Grow Maury County together, then we need to openly talk and discuss about what we want to emphasize in our county. I encourage you to talk with your children, talk with your teachers, and talk with your principals. We are here to help your children be prepared for Life.

But...learn about other cultures and religions?

No, just no. Not at all in fact. Shameful. No school should teach anything outside of RCC Christianity - or maybe Protestantism at a pinch, maybe Methodism if under three minutes of schooling...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No kidding. Here's a statement from the director of the school system in question:...

I think someone from TOL (a fair minded lass such as yourself) should keep an eye on this subject and get back to us when the said school district gets to the topic of "Understanding the Christian religion".

i.e. When 7th grade students write "Jesus Christ is the only God", I'll buy a round of crow for all of us islamophobic bigots to eat.

glorydaz

Weird, i have a stellar A+ education, and no world history class was i ever asked to write the shahada.

I guess though some of you would be ok with your atheist and otherwise kids writing:

The double standard today is the best proof we have that this world is not our home. We are just a passin' through.

Arthur Brain

Neither was I but then I wouldn't have had a problem with just learning about other religions and cultures. I'd be against any kid having to actually write anything that was effectively a statement of belief but that's not exactly the same thing is it?