chrysostom

Hall of Fame

if you search daniel for the word number, you get this

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

that is why I started thinking it was a year

very few history books have anything happening that year
but
some have islam attacking shortly thereafter
and
gibbon gets closer than any of them
he also points out the problem others have with the dates

“In this inquiry I shall unfold the events that rescued our ancestors of Britain, and our neighbours of Gaul, from the civil and religious yoke of the Koran; that protected the majesty of Rome, and delayed the servitude of Constantinople; that invigorated the defence of the Christians, and scattered among their enemies the seeds of division and decay.”

The Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon

I will always remember the first time I read this. It was early on in my research of the Apocalypse, Islam, and the Byzantine Empire and I was not sure where this was leading me but at that moment in time a historian of the eighteenth century told me I was on the right track.

Gibbon's footnote on the date is very interesting. His date 668 is at least five years earlier than most historians and I think he is still two years off

it's the year 666

back to
the apocalypse

it's a year

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I think that Solomon, and he is the "man" (Revelation 13:18) whose number 666 is (1st Kings 10:14, 2nd Chronicles 9:13), was a type. He indulged all his fleshly desires all his life, and he then wrote Ecclesiastes. Even though Solomon had wrecked his father David's kingdom (which fractured as soon as Solomon died), he did present the conclusion of his ultimately wicked endeavor, in the close of Ecclesiastes:

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

Solomon showed aptly that there is no profit in doing whatever you want. He did this his whole life on the throne of his father's kingdom, in an ultimately futile pursuit of goodness through the open practice of evil (Ecc1:17,2:1,3-10, etc.). He did it so that everyone who came after him would know that it cannot be done, and even in Solomon's spectacular wealth and fame and success, he still, at the end of it all, concluded that it's just not worth it. We should as the Church implores us, obey our Maker in everything. It's the only way to achieve satisfaction in this life.

I think that 666 represents another, perhaps future, similar venture, seeking good through the practice of wonton evil.

Epoisses

Here is wisdom let him that has understanding count the number of the beast. We are told that it takes wisdom to calculate the number of the beast. There are two stories in the OT that deal with the number of the beast and it just so happens that one of them is from the days of Solomon - the wisest man in the bible. Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred sixty and six talents of gold 1Kings 10:14. Solomon used this gold to build shields and an ivory throne overlaid in gold and all the world came to see him and hear his wisdom. The second story simply says the children of Adonikam were six hundred sixty and six Ezra 2:13. Not much is known about Adonikam except that he returned with the children of Israel after the captivity. Both of these stories happened when the first and second temples were being constructed telling us that the final 666 will revolve around the construction of a third temple in Jerusalem with the gold and people of the beast.

Wick Stick

Here is wisdom let him that has understanding count the number of the beast. We are told that it takes wisdom to calculate the number of the beast. There are two stories in the OT that deal with the number of the beast and it just so happens that one of them is from the days of Solomon - the wisest man in the bible. Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred sixty and six talents of gold 1Kings 10:14. Solomon used this gold to build shields and an ivory throne overlaid in gold and all the world came to see him and hear his wisdom. The second story simply says the children of Adonikam were six hundred sixty and six Ezra 2:13. Not much is known about Adonikam except that he returned with the children of Israel after the captivity. Both of these stories happened when the first and second temples were being constructed telling us that the final 666 will revolve around the construction of a third temple in Jerusalem with the gold and people of the beast.
But how is that the number of a man?

Epoisses

The antichrist or man of sin will have characteristics of Solomon and Adonikam. He will claim to be the king of Israel like Solomon and there is a traditional belief that Adonikam tried to promote his non-Levite sons to the priesthood. The antichrist will either promote himself or the man of sin to high priest over the tribulation temple when it is built.

daqq

כרוב ממשח (kə-rūḇ mim-šaḥ) - Ezekiel 28:14 - Gematria 616 (accounting for the scribal error in some manuscripts)
כרוב הסכך (kə-rūḇ has-sō-ḵêḵ) - Ezekiel 28:16 - Gematria 333 (x2 by the overall passage context)
αννα και καιαφα - Luke 3:2 - Gematria 666 (two horns like a lamb but speaks like a dragon)

Ouch! The chief kohanim answered: We have no king but καισαρα! (John 19:15)
καισαρα - (Kaesar/Caesar) - Gematria 333 (כרוב הסכך + καισαρα = Gematria 666)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

if you search daniel for the word number, you get this

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

that is why I started thinking it was a year

very few history books have anything happening that year
but
some have islam attacking shortly thereafter
and
gibbon gets closer than any of them
he also points out the problem others have with the dates

“In this inquiry I shall unfold the events that rescued our ancestors of Britain, and our neighbours of Gaul, from the civil and religious yoke of the Koran; that protected the majesty of Rome, and delayed the servitude of Constantinople; that invigorated the defence of the Christians, and scattered among their enemies the seeds of division and decay.”

The Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon

I will always remember the first time I read this. It was early on in my research of the Apocalypse, Islam, and the Byzantine Empire and I was not sure where this was leading me but at that moment in time a historian of the eighteenth century told me I was on the right track.

Gibbon's footnote on the date is very interesting. His date 668 is at least five years earlier than most historians and I think he is still two years off

it's the year 666

back to
the apocalypse

it is just another piece of the puzzle
-you need many pieces to get the picture
-and
-the pieces must fit