Zero Americans killed by terrorist attacks from banned countries

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So... how does that mesh with what you said here?

i was wrong - i was holding my breath and hoping hoping hoping it wasn't a right wing extremist who was enamored of trump

just like they were holding their breath and hoping hoping hoping it wasn't a radical mooslim

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Only one, took some French in High School but it didn't stick.

Is English your first language?
Because you didn't say that, you said:

Now, go ahead and underline the words "On American soil" and "vetted" and "war zone" for us.
Considering the issue is about immigration and refugees, shouldn't that be a given? :idunno:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
So is this, its always a ban untill the delay has ceased. Idiots are who is acting this has never happened before.

The ban is untill stronger vetting and security measures are in place.
I thought someone might make that argument and almost said something in my post.....

A longer processing time is not the same thing as a temporary ban. But even if I grant that point, there is still the fact that Obama's action was in response to actual events.

Also, today I read that the administration is saying that if conditions in certain countries doesn't improve then they may not be taken off this ban any time soon. So this temporary ban may turn into an indefinite ban for some people.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I thought someone might make that argument and almost said something in my post.....

A longer processing time is not the same thing as a temporary ban. But even if I grant that point, there is still the fact that Obama's action was in response to actual events.

Also, today I read that the administration is saying that if conditions in certain countries doesn't improve then they may not be taken off this ban any time soon. So this temporary ban may turn into an indefinite ban for some people.

And you are privvy to threats how? Its still a temporary measure whether you or anyone else wants to "grant" that point which is the truth, not hysterics from the left.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Do we need to wait for them to kill someone here before we recognize the problem?
What prompted you to see a problem?

If you are concerned with our vetting process then go ahead and take a look at it. But I don't see why reviewing the process requires everything to be put on hold for 3-4 months.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Alexandre Bissonnette, 27, who said he was a fan of U.S. President Donald Trump and far-right French politician Marine Le Pen, had recently moved into an apartment near the mosque with his twin brother, an unnamed neighbor of their parents told the Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

Bissonnette, the sole suspect in Sunday night's shooting, was charged on Monday with six counts of first-degree murder and five counts of attempted murder with a restricted weapon. Police said he acted alone.

Police declined to discuss a motive for the shooting at the Centre Culturel Islamique de Québec, but friends and online acquaintances told Canadian media he expressed anti-immigration sentiments, especially toward Muslim refugees.

A social science student and former cadet known in online circles for his right-wing views, Bissonnette was described by a former classmate as a "nerdy outcast."

I just saw something on Facebook that said since this guy was a Trump supporter we should have a Trump supporter travel ban until we can figure out what's going on. :eek:

fool

Hall of Fame
What prompted you to see a problem?
Ask Obama;

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/ said:
In December 2015, President Obama signed into law a measure placing limited restrictions on certain travelers who had visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011. Two months later, the Obama administration added Libya, Somalia, and Yemen to the list, in what it called an effort to address "the growing threat from foreign terrorist fighters."
If you are concerned with our vetting process then go ahead and take a look at it. But I don't see why reviewing the process requires everything to be put on hold for 3-4 months.
Why would you keep letting people in under a process you don't have confidence in?
Obama killed the visa waiver program making people from those places have to get visas and more scrutiny.
Trump shut the visas down so they could scrutinize the people more.
It's a natural progression and little more than difference in Management style.
Like on Bar Rescue, ever watch that show?
Some places he walks into and says "Shut it down, fix the lights so you can see how bad it is and scrub every inch of this dump from ceiling to floor."

That's what Trump just did. He's figuring out what the hell is going on. And he's not serving anymore drinks until until he's comfortable with the process.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I just saw something on Facebook that said since this guy was a Trump supporter we should have a Trump supporter travel ban until we can figure out what's going on. :eek:

seems like most of them self-banned from traveling to the inauguration

fool

Hall of Fame

Add Canada to the list.

Danoh

Trump supporters have jobs to be at.

Meaning they had jobs; so what was all the uproar about no jobs then.

Think before you post.

I know; typical of the Trump Twitter drone effect, you allowed impulse to dictate your desired result :rotfl: