You will own nothing

Right Divider

Body part
Ah.... no. It was pertinent.
It's just a question that the poster (nor you?) would answer, methinks.
No, you don't think.

The answer to the question that you asked is so obvious that it requires no answer.

There is no limit to the amount of money that someone can make if they make it honestly.

eider

No, you don't think.

The answer to the question that you asked is so obvious that it requires no answer.

There is no limit to the amount of money that someone can make if they make it honestly.
You can't answer that question!
You didn't answer that question!

Gary K

Banned
You can't answer that question!
You didn't answer that question!
Your ignorance of the Bible is astounding.

God told Solomon that since he had asked for wisdom and understanding rather than for wealth and other things that He, God, would give him wealth. In one year Solomon had an income, in gold alone, not counting his income in gems, timber, brass, iron, silver, stone, etc... of 666 talents of gold. A talent of gold weighs in at 94 3/7 lbs avdp. That measurement is the same pound used in the US today. So, here's how to figure out how much income from just gold that Solomon had a year: 666 x 94.42587 x 16 = ounces of gold. Spot price of gold today = $1,845/oz. So: 666 x 94.428571429 x 16 x 1845 = $1,856,495,903.00 Almost $1.9 billion in gold alone. And the Bible tells us he had so much silver that it was like gravel in Jerusalem. That's a lot of silver. Add to that the value of so much in iron, brass, stone, gemstones, and cedar timber that the Bible doesn't even attempt to assess it's value. It measures his gemstones by the shipload. So, to give those a very conservative value of a total of another billion Solomon's yearly income was closing in on $3 billion a year.

Gary K

Banned
Now if you think those numbers are big, wait until you see David's savings account that he created for building the temple.

1Chronicles 22:14 Now, behold, in my trouble I have prepared for the house of the Lord an hundred thousand talents of gold, and a thousand thousand talents of silver; and of brass and iron without weight; for it is in abundance: timber also and stone have I prepared; and thou mayest add thereto.*n2
15 Moreover there are workmen with thee in abundance, hewers and workers of stone and timber, and all manner of cunning men for every manner of work.*n3
16 Of the gold, the silver, and the brass, and the iron, there is no number. Arise therefore, and be doing, and the Lord be with thee.

Seems to me you have no idea of what God thinks about wealth and the accumulation of it.

Eric h

Seems to me you have no idea of what God thinks about wealth and the accumulation of it.
I don't think you can buy a place in heaven with all your wealth.

The Bible Society have produced a version of the Bible which highlights in vivid orange the 3000 verses in the Bible that relate to poverty and justice. The Poverty and Justice Bible is an effective visual aid which illustrates more effectively than ever a point that many have been making for years: the Bible speaks of a God who cares passionately about poverty and justice.

Gary K

Banned

The Bible Society have produced a version of the Bible which highlights in vivid orange the 3000 verses in the Bible that relate to poverty and justice. The Poverty and Justice Bible is an effective visual aid which illustrates more effectively than ever a point that many have been making for years: the Bible speaks of a God who cares passionately about poverty and justice.
Replying to something that was never said, or even implied. Just more obfuscation and misdirection.

God gave both David and Solomon their fantastic wealth. Take a look at the numbers of just the gold in David's savings. 100,000 x 94.42857 x 16 x $1845 = $278,816,400,000.00. Look at that number and get a good grasp of it. That number is only a portion of David's savings account for the building of Solomon's temple. Add 1,000,000 talents of silver to that as well as iron and brass "without weight". Plus stone and cedar. That $278.816 billion was only a portion of Davids entire wealth. That number doesn't include what David had set aside for his children and close friends in his will. It isn't even all of David's savings account for building the temple. David was one of the wealthiest men of all time. And God said he was a man after His own heart.

So, whenever you try to imply that wealth is evil in and of itself you're simply creating a logical fallacy. If God thought the accumulation of wealth as a concept is wrong He wouldn't have acted the way He did with David and Solomon. You're conflating wealth with greed. And you're conflating the actions of evil men with righteous men. You do know Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathaea were wealthy men don't you? You know, the men who paid for the burying of Jesus.

God gives wealth to whom He will. What those who possess it do with it is their responsibility. God is not responsible for what a person who is a free moral agent does. And neither are we. We are responsible for our own choices, not other people's choices. Read Ezekiel 18.

Gary K

Banned

***Shakes head in amazement***

So you're going to recommend a "bible" that teaches what marxists who follow a Luciferian by the name of Karl Marx teach. Really? Seriously? You equate Luciferian teachings with God's word? I'll have to just let you go your own way. There is such a gap between us that there is no way of bridging it that I can see, at least not as long as you attribute your marxist beliefs to God's word. Just in case you don't know, there is no concord between God and Belial.

2Corinthians 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

God's word is very specific about it. There is no agreement between Christ, who is God, and Lucifer. You want to keep following Lucifer? You're just going to keep on getting farther away from God. There is no meeting of the minds between them.

Eric h

So you're going to recommend a "bible" that teaches what marxists who follow a Luciferian by the name of Karl Marx teach.

The Bible is the Bible, the passages will be very similar in all translations. There are about three thousand passages that refer to justice for the poor and oppressed. If you have read the Bible, which I am sure you have, then you will also have read these passages.

I am very aware of David's and Solomon's wealth which God granted them. But God's heart is more with the poor and oppressed than he is with the wealthy.

Gary K

Banned
The Bible is the Bible, the passages will be very similar in all translations. There are about three thousand passages that refer to justice for the poor and oppressed. If you have read the Bible, which I am sure you have, then you will also have read these passages.

I am very aware of David's and Solomon's wealth which God granted them. But God's heart is more with the poor and oppressed than he is with the wealthy.
The devil is extremely subtle. His deceptions will look like truth, but they lead directly away from God.

You cannot combine marxism and Christianity. They proceed from directly opposing forces and lead to completely opposite conclusions. The fact that you are defending trying to combine luciferianism and Christianity says just whose side you are on. The Bible says there is no concord, i.e. agreement, covenant, alliance, etc... between Christ and Belial. You're directly working against God in any attempt to combine the two.

Gary K

Banned

I've studied the Bible for 40+ years. It no way endorses anything to do with social justice, financial justice, or anything like any marxist ideology. The Bible teaches individual responsibility not some kind of "justice" based upon groups of people. That's such a distortion of Bible teaching I don't see how you can even begin to defend it.

Acts 13:21 And afterward they desired a king: and God gave unto them Saul the son of Cis, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, by the space of forty years.
22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

Those who will be saved will have a distinguishing attribute that makes them completely opposite from the luciferaian world view.

2Thessalonians 3:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

That difference? The love of the truth. That's the love of all truth. The acceptance of luciferian theories, agendas, and ideologies leads directly away from truth, and directly away from God. Truth must be the very foundation of every part of our lives if we are to be followers of God.

Eric h

I've studied the Bible for 40+ years. It no way endorses anything to do with social justice,
I truthfully don't know how you can say that. The Bible is full of passages referring to justice for the poor and oppressed. I have just been reading Isaiah 58.

“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness[a] will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.

marke

I think it is the billionaires who will cause the problems, not communism.

The formula for a revolution hangs on the price of bread. When large numbers in a population struggle to pay for bread, then revolution has been an answer in the past.
Democrats imagine themselves as Robbing Hood heroes of the proletariat when in actuality they are promoting the breakdown of good markets in favor of universal government control and widespread economic depression.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is set to approve on Tuesday guaranteed taxpayer-funded income of up to $1,200 per month for certain low-income young adults, as more Democratic-led cities across the nation push for universal monthly aid without work requirements.
The money in the Los Angeles pilot program would go for three years to 150 people ages 18 to 24 who are receiving general relief benefits. Board chair and former U.S. Rep. Hilda Solis, a Democrat, said the aid would help people who have been hurt by the COVID-19 pandemic and have “historically faced economic and social inequities.’’

Eric h

Democrats imagine themselves as Robbing Hood heroes of the proletariat
It is only right that people should pay tax. Roads, police, education, hospitals, etc have to be paid for.

Trump seemed to give billionaires huge tax advantages, the Dems try and help the less well off. I think this is more in line with Bible teaching.

Feb 2019 — A new study from academic researchers found that 66.5 percent of all bankruptcies were tied to medical issues in the US. The poor suffer the most.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It is only right that people should pay tax.
Is it?
Which people?
How much tax?
Based on what?

Ben Carson for example, as a brilliant world class surgeon, undoubtedly paid more in taxes than 95% of the people who benefited from his skill and training.

Is that only right?