ECT Would MAD be more accepted if Gal 2:7 were not in the text

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Ezekiel 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

Ezekiel 36:36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.

:thumb: The LORD said it!

andyc

How often are we supposed to take communion? Is once every 10 years okay? Should we be dunked in water, or sprinkled?

Where can we find the instructions in scripture?

What other sacraments should we be keeping, and where are the instructions?

The idea is to be led by the Spirit. To want to, not have to.
To not want to, leads to the question, why?

andyc

Two other things:

1. Paul told the Corinthians, "When ye come together, this is NOT to eat the Lord's Supper..."

Because the abuses meant that the meaning of the Lord's supper was defiled by greed. It was meant to be the Lord supper, but the abuse meant that it was just a selfish pigout.

2. Paul ministered the spirit of the new testament, which is the righteousness of God. This righteousness is unto all and upon all them that believe. Check out Jeremiah 31 to see the letter of the new testament, written on their hearts, God CAUSING them to walk in his statutes.

By faith. The church is supposed to do just this today.

There is no a human being alive today that God is CAUSING to walk in his statutes (LAW), or he is doing a poor job, because no one does.

Speak for yourself. LOL

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
We're pretty much seeing this today. Israel is beautiful.
Amazing how all around Israel is nothing but useless wilderness.

If this is being fulfilled today, the 'nations/heathen' are not yet recognizing it.......as well as much of 'the professing church'.

Eze 36:36 Then the heathen[nations] that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.

Perhaps what is happening today in that land is a preview of that which is to come.

oatmeal

The good news for the circumcision (containing both Jews and Gentiles) is that Christ redeemed them, and if they by faith endure to the end, they will inherit the Holy City and be a priest and king.

The good news for the uncircumcision (containing both Jews and Gentiles) is that Christ redeemed us, forgave us, sealed us with the Spirit and has us already seated in him in the heavens, positionally, as trophies of his Grace.

Same Christ, same blood, same cross, different groups, different purposes, different inheritances.

Let them be different, God wanted them to be different.

Let's see what I can come up with by not supplying scripture references?

Or let's see if I can share some truth by supplying scripture, instead of what I think I would scripture to teach.

Did Jesus Christ die for the sins of the whole world except Israel who has to earn it by enduring to the end? I John 2:2

Where then is the gift of salvation which is by grace and not of works, lest any man, (or the nation of Israel according to your theology,) should boast

Ephesians 2:8-9

andyc

If this is being fulfilled today, the 'nations/heathen' are not yet recognizing it.......as well as much of 'the professing church'.

Eze 36:36 Then the heathen[nations] that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.

Perhaps what is happening today in that land is a preview of that which is to come.

To recognize these things doesn't necessarily mean to accept it.
We as christians know that God's hand is on the Jews, and that the nation of Israel's existence and survival is completely ridiculous apart from divine intervention. We know it, and the heathen does too, but the heathen doesn't want to accept it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
To recognize these things doesn't necessarily mean to accept it.
We as christians know that God's hand is on the Jews, and that the nation of Israel's existence and survival is completely ridiculous apart from divine intervention. We know it, and the heathen does too, but the heathen doesn't want to accept it.

Not all Christians know that. Many(professing) emphatically deny it.

andyc

Not all Christians know that. Many(professing) emphatically deny it.
Paul does explain that they are loved on behalf of the patriarchs, and the reforming of Israel in spite of massive opposition is totally miraculous.

Jeremiah 31:10 "Hear the word of the LORD, O nations, And declare it in the isles afar off, and say, ‘He who scattered Israel will gather him, And keep him as a shepherd does his flock.’

The nations have been addressed by God, but the nations haven't believed it. Otherwise the peace treaty would be about expansion.

Dialogos

Two other things:

1. Paul told the Corinthians, "When ye come together, this is NOT to eat the Lord's Supper..."
Yah, follow the ellipse...

" For in eating, each one goes ahead with his own meal. One goes hungry, another gets drunk.
22 What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I commend you in this? No, I will not. (1Co 11:21-22 ESV)

Paul said it wasn't the Lord's supper because they were abusing the ordinance...

Paul then goes on to instruct them on how to rightfully practice the Lord's Supper!

You don't get to rip verses from their context in order to prop up a failed theology.

:nono:

SaultoPaul said:
2. Paul ministered the spirit of the new testament, which is the righteousness of God. This righteousness is unto all and upon all them that believe.
Verse please...

Where in the bible does it say that Paul ministered the spirit of the New Covenant to those who had no part of the New Covenant?

SaultoPaul said:
Check out Jeremiah 31 to see the letter of the new testament, written on their hearts, God CAUSING them to walk in his statutes.

There is no a human being alive today that God is CAUSING to walk in his statutes (LAW), or he is doing a poor job, because no one does.

So, then what work is Paul referring to in Phil 1:6?

If the work of sanctification is not in view (which you deny by your previous statement) then exactly what is God up to in the life of a present day believer?