Works, Salvation, Merit

Right Divider

Body part
It's impossible to ever earn one drop of blood shed by Jesus. Nothing could ever erase the glorious gift that it is. Not even Jesus asking and empowering us to love and forgive the way He does. The only way we love and forgive the Agape way is by His graceful presence. No one earns that. It's only the lies from Hell that convince people they have to do nothing. Try handing someone a gift. If they don't grab the gift and use the gift it falls to ground.
You do not even understand the topic of this thread.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he saves.

Jesus tells us whom he saves and why.

Jesus tells us what we have to do to be chosen for salvation.

If we obey Jesus we will receive the Holy Spirit:

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

Considering Jesus was speaking to the Israelite's, that makes you
a law and works kind of Gal.

Jamie Gigliotti

You are trapped too. You cannot get rid of your false influence of faith alone.

You just put down obeying Jesus. You said, "Not even Jesus asking ..."

Jesus saves us ALL ON HIS OWN, and he CHOOSES to save those who do what he says to do.

Jesus is the Way.

If you do not do what the Way says, then you will not be saved.

Stop going against Jesus and hindering people from being saved.

You don't have to fight against everyone. I was saying that us obeying does not take away grace. We can only obey with His presence, His love. Without surrender to Him and His Spirits presence, it is Judiasm and legalism.

God's Truth

You don't have to fight against everyone.
You are the one who did not make it clear that you were not arguing against me.

I was saying that us obeying does not take away grace. We can only obey with His presence, His love. Without surrender to Him and His Spirits presence, it is Judiasm and legalism.

We can obey before we are saved---for that is whom he saves!

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

You seem to have a "semi-Calvinist" view.

Right Divider

Body part
Saying we have to do good works by surrender and obedience to Christ does not take away grace as the Devil likes to distort. We can only do good by Him in us.
Of course everyone should do nothing but good works. But good works are not the basis of gaining eternal life in Christ. They are also not the basis of "keeping" eternal life (whatever that would mean).

God's Truth

Here Jesus promises us IF YOU are obedient:

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

You will not even be forgiven IF YOU do not forgive other people!

Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

John 8:31
[ Dispute Over Whose Children Jesus’ Opponents Are ] NET Bible
Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

John 13:17
Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

John 15:10
If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

1 John 2:3 And by this we may know that we know Him--if we obey His commands.

John 14:15 NET "If you love me, you will obey my commandments.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Here Jesus promises us IF YOU are obedient:

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

You will not even be forgiven IF YOU do not forgive other people!

Matthew 6:15
But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

John 8:31
[ Dispute Over Whose Children Jesus’ Opponents Are ] NET Bible
Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

John 13:17
Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

John 15:10
If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

1 John 2:3 And by this we may know that we know Him--if we obey His commands.

John 14:15 NET "If you love me, you will obey my commandments.

He was speaking to the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

God's Truth

Jesus speaks to everyone.

While he was on earth he spoke just to the lost sheep of Israel, and then when he was crucified it was for all.

God's Truth

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds
Acts 20:21
I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

God's Truth

Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.

Did you read that? They said that PAUL is NOW preaching THE FAITH he once tried to destroy.

Jamie Gigliotti

"...apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5
We've had this debate before... God's truth has the last word.

Jamie Gigliotti

Of course everyone should do nothing but good works. But good works are not the basis of gaining eternal life in Christ. They are also not the basis of "keeping" eternal life (whatever that would mean).

Doing good, bearing fruit demonstrates us being in Him, which is necessary for salvation.

"Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit...
If anyone does not abide in me, he is thrown away like a branch that withers; and the branches are gathered and thrown into the fire, and burned. ... By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples." John 15:5-8

Right Divider

Body part
Doing good, bearing fruit demonstrates us being in Him, which is necessary for salvation.

"Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit...
If anyone does not abide in me, he is thrown away like a branch that withers; and the branches are gathered and thrown into the fire, and burned. ... By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples." John 15:5-8
When Jesus was speaking to THEM, THEY had a specific mission as members of the nation of Israel.

There was a specific fruit that they were to bear.