Woman behaves violently in public just to make an obscure point

musterion

Explain her alleged "hypocrisy".

Blaming society's perceptions, as represented by the scale, as the real problem with her weight when, in the basement of her mind, she knows it isn't true. As you do. For all your faults, you are not a moron. You know that is true but you pretend it isn't.

If she REALLY had no problem whatsoever with her weight, if she were truly comfortable and secure in her physical appearance, this video would not exist.

I think a lot of people who struggle with homosexual desires need therapy.

Only "a lot" of them?

Why not ALL of them?

Why not NONE of them, since you insist it must be recriminalized?

Therapy or prison.

Pick one.

(see, this is why your act doesn't fool most of us...you're inconsistent as well as a hypocrite)

musterion

Nobody wants to admit that they're ashamed of something, except for some people who are man enough to do so.

Ooh, I see what you did there. But that's exactly what they say the problem is, or at least part of it..male-centered, male-created standards imposed on females who have no choice but meet those standards or else...something something...then smash an inanimate object.

But their weight is NEVER the problem, even though there is no such thing as a naturally obese state.

It's solipsism, which in a saner era was classified as insanity.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Ooh, I see what you did there.
It was meant to inflame; you caught me. I am a pest; I won't deny it. :)
But that's exactly what they say the problem is, or at least part of it..male-centered, male-created standards imposed on females who have no choice but meet those standards or else...something something...then smash an inanimate object.
None of us meets every standard, and unfortunately, sometimes when we do meet one or another standard, we presume the authority to judge the hearts of others who don't measure up in precisely the way that we ourselves may; or at least, how we think we measure up.
But their weight is NEVER the problem, even though there is no such thing as a naturally obese state.
Two-thirds of Americans are fat. The problem is habitual, as in, bad habits, namely, of eating too infrequently, and corn, which is industrial strength, beef cattle feed. Obviously none of these ladies lack for food, so the only way to get that big, is to be doing something habitually wrong.

When you're in starvation mode, there's very few temptations harder to resist than to gorge yourself when you do eat. Your "body of this death" is in charge, and in times of food scarcity, which it has no reason to not believe is happening, you gorge yourself when you do eat. Doing this every day of every week or every year . . . well, we see the result. Two-thirds of Americans are fat.
It's solipsism, which in a saner era was classified as insanity.
I was on a solipsism kick a couple decades ago. There's no traction with the word, which is why I don't think in terms of solipsism anymore, it's plainer to just talk about sin, and our "body of this death."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They could have taken those scales to a garage sale and swapped them for mirrors.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Genuinely poor people are never, and cannot be, fat.
That's exactly what I said!
Very true. And how about that myth that fattening food is all that some people can afford? Lame excuse for being a glutton.
They're not gluttons, you imbecile Catholic. Two-thirds of Americans are not fat, due to gluttony, you imbecile Catholic. Recite for us the entirety of the Catechism of the Catholic Church's teaching on the moral matter of gluttony for us, please? Imbecile!!!

glassjester

That's exactly what I said!
They're not gluttons, you imbecile Catholic. Two-thirds of Americans are not fat, due to gluttony, you imbecile Catholic. Recite for us the entirety of the Catechism of the Catholic Church's teaching on the moral matter of gluttony for us, please? Imbecile!!!

Yikes. Grouchy.

nikolai_42

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I love threads like this, as it brings out the frauds who call themselves Christian (they should be supporting someone who is struggling with weight issues, not mocking her).

Matthew 22: 36-40

In my first post I linked an article that dealt with self worth, and that relying on the scale might be the problem.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1625

Your post still doesn't explain why people who are supposedly followers of Christ are mocking her.

I am mobile so this will be brief. I only saw one post that I would call mockery (and don't agree with it) but the issue is that it was made public and it was dealing with weight by attacking the scale. That is unintentional self mockery by placing blame in the wrong place. Sometimes absurdity really is best illustrated by responding g with absurdity.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Will you explain to me how people become fat, without bad eating habits?
Of course. Just as soon as you provide, from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, exactly all that she teaches, on the moral matter of gluttony, one of the seven capital sins.

'Ball's in your court. :plain:

glassjester

Of course. Just as soon as you provide, from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, exactly all that she teaches, on the moral matter of gluttony, one of the seven capital sins.

'Ball's in your court. :plain:

I don't see what the Catechism has to do with this.

Oh well.

Vices can be classified according to the virtues they oppose, or also be linked to the capital sins which Christian experience has distinguished, following St. John Cassian and St. Gregory the Great. They are called "capital" because they engender other sins, other vices. They are pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, and sloth or acedia.