Woman behaves violently in public just to make an obscure point

musterion

Someone help me out here.

She is angry, she is obese, and she is smashing a scale in protest of...something. I gather there's some kind of political message here but I can't tell what.

Why is she smashing a scale? Why is she angry at it? What did the scale do wrong? Did it lie to her?

Is she angry at the scale because she's obese? If so, a fat person smashing a scale seems as sensible as a very ugly person smashing a mirror...not only pointless but completely misses the point.

Why doesn't she smash a refrigerator, or a Starbucks pumpkin chachi macchio, or some more accurate physical representation of her own gluttony and lack of self-control?

Someone explain this to me, please.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

She is angry, she is obese, and she is smashing a scale in protest of...something. I gather there's some kind of political message here but I can't tell what.

Why is she smashing a scale? Why is she angry at it? What did the scale do wrong? Did it lie to her?

Is she angry at the scale because she's obese? If so, a fat person smashing a scale seems as sensible as a very ugly person smashing a mirror...not only pointless but completely misses the point.

Why doesn't she smash a refrigerator, or a Starbucks pumpkin chachi macchio, or some more accurate physical representation of her own lack of self-control?

She's tired of not having a boyfriend

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I love threads like this, as it brings out the frauds who call themselves Christian (they should be supporting someone who is struggling with weight issues, not mocking her).

Matthew 22: 36-40

musterion

I love threads like this, as it brings out the frauds who call themselves Christian (they should be supporting someone who is struggling with weight issues, not mocking her).

Her behavior in this video is what's being mocked, as well as her hypocrisy. And now we can mock yours, since you want to put people who struggle with homosexuality in prison (just using your own logic).

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Why doesn't she smash a refrigerator, or a Starbucks pumpkin chachi macchio, or some more accurate physical representation of her own gluttony and lack of self-control?

She's ashamed of her weight. And she doesn't know, that believing in the RESURRECTION saves her from her "body of this death" (Ro7:24-25KJV).

People don't eat enough, as in, they don't eat frequently enough, and go into starvation mode, where their body thinks that food is scarce, so when they do sit down to eat, they feast, because part of being in starvation mode, is eating even more than you would otherwise eat, to pack on fat, to survive, in what your body assumes is a world of scarce food, even though it is plentiful.

She just needs to eat more frequently.

Also, certain types of foods encourage us to eat more than we ought.

nikolai_42

Until her energies are spent addressing whatever the real underlying problem is, nothing will change for the better.

musterion

She's ashamed of her weight.

But she says she isn't. So do all these:

fattiesandscales.jpg

They all say it isn't their weight that bothers them. It's society's (general) standards of female attractiveness [as..somehow...represented by the evil patriarchichal weight scale] that bothers them.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Until her energies are spent addressing whatever the real underlying problem is, nothing will change for the better.

In my first post I linked an article that dealt with self worth, and that relying on the scale might be the problem.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1625

Your post still doesn't explain why people who are supposedly followers of Christ are mocking her.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Her behavior in this video is what's being mocked, as well as her hypocrisy.

Explain her alleged "hypocrisy".

And now we can mock yours, since you want to put people who struggle with homosexuality in prison (just using your own logic).

(Leave it to Aaron to change the subject to homosexuality).

I think a lot of people who struggle with homosexual desires need therapy.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...e-Homosexual&p=4874277&viewfull=1#post4874277

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
But she says she isn't. So do all these:

fattiesandscales.jpg

They all say it isn't their weight that bothers them. It's society's (general) standards of female attractiveness [as..somehow...represented by the evil patriarchichal weight scale] that bothers them.
Nobody wants to admit that they're ashamed of something, except for some people who are man enough to do so. People say lots of things, what are they actually doing though? These fat ladies are smashing bathroom scales. Why? Shame, clearly.

If I looked like they do, I would feel shame too, it would only be natural. Feeling shame means you think you're doing something wrong, which they are. But gluttony? I don't think so, they're not necessarily gluttons just because they're fat. They probably eat 2-3 times per day, and they're probably eating a lot of corn and corn byproducts when they do eat. They should eat 4-6 times a day, and avoid foods that "do a body good" (like corn), where "doing good" is fattening you up, which is why corn, the biggest crop in the world, is fed to beef cattle.

If you don't want to look like cattle, stop eating cattle feed.