Wiki Leaks, Catholics and Aliens

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Did the Lord Jesus die for the aliens?
Wouldn't He have to be related to the aliens in order to die for the aliena?

Hmmmm. That's actually a fair point. Maybe baptizing them would be wrong. Well, I think the priest who said that was trying to make some sort of point, apparently not a point regarding Orthopraxy, but the point of introducing them to Christ.

Well, its all just coffee house talk, because it will never happen.

Lilstu

I don't think Aliens are possible.
The nearest solar system is light years away. Even traveling close to the speed of light it would take years to reach us.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I don't think Aliens are possible.
The nearest solar system is light years away. Even traveling close to the speed of light it would take years to reach us.

Yes, that has always been my POV. If there were life around a distant star, traveling here from there would be impossible. Despite what all the theorists say, I don't think a living being can travel at the speed of light.

glassjester

I have been to France and so have many other people.
But do you know of anyone who has traveled to another solar system?

My knowing of Frenchmen has no bearing on their existence.

Our ignorance of extraterrestrial life has no bearing on its existence.

glassjester

You don't think you'll ever meet a Frenchman?

Too late.

But I almost certainly will not meet an alien.

Do you (like Lilstu) also think that means they can't possibly exist?
I do hope I'm not the only one who sees the absurdity of that belief.

Gurucam

If by alien you (and the Vatican) mean, Christians are authentic citizens and others are alien, then a whole lot of people who believe that they are Christian, are aliens and will be cast out of here.

The first hint that one is not an alien but a real Christian is: One must have and hold a belief that is not shared by many people because salvation (i.e. being an authentic Christian) is for the few who actually know the truth that sets one free:

Matthew: 7 King James Version (KJV)
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The above means that truth will be the weirdest thing for the masses.

Traditional beliefs must be totally wrong. Also all other beliefs that are shared by more than a few people must also be wrong.

The first hint that you are a real Christian (and not an alien in the land of Christians) is that you hold and live by weirdo beliefs that are held and lived by only a few other weirdos.

6days

glassjester said:
Do you, by any chance, believe the Earth was created just within the last 10,000 years or so?
Sure... Jesus believed that too....don't you? He referred to Adam and Eve from the beginning of creation. He talked about Abel being from a time at the foundation of the world...not billions of years later. Knowing the geneaologies from first Adam to Last Adam.... Jesus was a young earth creationist. He further suggested that if you don't believe Moses, it would be difficult to believe Him.*

I'm guessing your question is connected to aliens? *The belief in aliens sprouts from a rejection of God's Word, and an acceptance of evolutionism. *The belief is that if life arose spontaneously here on earth, then it likely 'evolved' *without God elsewhere in the universe

6days

glassjester said:
Verses? (That show Jesus believed the earth was about 10,000 years)
Do you mean Mark 10:6?
Mark 10:6 would be only one of the verses showing Jesus was a Biblical creationist. That verse ties Adam and Eve to Gen.1:1, "the beginning". (Not the beginning of people)

In*Luke 11:50, 51*Jesus referred to Abel as a prophet from the foundation of the world. (Not 14 billion years later) *“That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed*from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zacharias.

Jesus' words seem as straight forward as the creation account. Humans were created on the 6th day, at the beginning of time...at the very foundation of the world. *Jesus was not referring to the beginning of humanity, as theistic evolutionists might argue; they believe Abel existed about 14,000,000,000 years after the foundation of the world.*

Mark 13:19 refers to mans tribulations from the beginning of creation. As the Creator, Jesus obviously knew when creation ocurred.*

Luke 13:14 Jesus connects a literal six day work week to Ex. 20:11 and the six day creation....and a literal 7th Sabbath day.*

John 5:45-47 Jesus suggests that if you don't believe Moses, you likely won't believe Him. Jesus was not suggesting Moses should be interpreted in any way other than the plain reading.

Also.... the very purpose of Christ's life was to suffer physical death on our behalf. His death and resurrection becomes meaningless if physical death in our world existed before Adam sinned. The gospel message becomes compromised, or destroyed, by adding long ages before Adam and Eve.