Why Your Faith in a Doctrine or a Religion Will NOT Save You

chair

The Christian myth saves one from a mythological bad afterlife. It is very successful at it too!

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
What topic? This citing has to do with what they had to do to inherit eternal life. Did you see the list of things they had to do?! Holy moly! Thank God we have the gift of God which is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord minus any work of our own (Romans 6:23 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV)!
Unfortunately, I have to dissect these verses with the Greek.

Romans 6:23
τὰ γὰρ ὀψώνια τῆς ἁμαρτίας θάνατος τὸ δὲ χάρισμα τοῦ θεοῦ ζωὴ αἰώνιος ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν
"Some wages [punishments?] of a wrong the death [life deprivation] ..missing verb.. thus a living of a god the permanent in the messiah Jesus, a lord ours."

Some of God's suggestions carry the death penalty.
The rest is not about the afterlife, but salvation from death of certain believers in the present. If only we could be that lucky, or special.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Right. And the Father draws all to come to Christ, Revelation 3:20.

"For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called." (1 Corinthians 1:26)

Why don't they count?

God's Truth

Unfortunately, I have to dissect these verses with the Greek.

Romans 6:23
τὰ γὰρ ὀψώνια τῆς ἁμαρτίας θάνατος τὸ δὲ χάρισμα τοῦ θεοῦ ζωὴ αἰώνιος ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν
"Some wages [punishments?] of a wrong the death [life deprivation] ..missing verb.. thus a living of a god the permanent in the messiah Jesus, a lord ours."

Some of God's suggestions carry the death penalty.
The rest is not about the afterlife, but salvation from death of certain believers in the present. If only we could be that lucky, or special.

Why are you going to the Greek language?

Learning another language does nothing for finding God's Truth.

God's Truth

This time she is correct. No one comes to Jesus unless the Father draws them.

God draws when Jesus walked the earth. The people were drawn to Jesus because they recognized what Jesus was saying as that being the words of God the Father.

When Jesus was crucified, he draws all to himself.

John 6:44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45It is written in the prophets: ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from Him comes to Me —

Did you see that?

They were drawn to Jesus because they recognized what Jesus said as that being the words of the Father.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God draws when Jesus walked the earth. The people were drawn to Jesus because they recognized what Jesus was saying as that being the words of God the Father.

When Jesus was crucified, he draws all to himself.

John 6:44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45It is written in the prophets: ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from Him comes to Me —

Did you see that?

They were drawn to Jesus because they recognized what Jesus said as that being the words of the Father.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

John 6:44 states the Father would draw them, 12:32 states that when crucified He would draw men unto Himself.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The only thing that God will honor in the judgment is faith in his Son Jesus Christ. Faith in a doctrine or a religion is NOT saving faith. In the judgment if you are not found to be trusting in Jesus Christ and in Jesus Christ alone, you will perish, Matthew 7:21-23.

No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus has atoned for their sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. No one will be saved that does not have faith that Jesus fulfilled and offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law.

No one will be saved that does not believe and have faith that Jesus is the, "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. If you believe that Jesus was just a good man and was not the divine Son of God, you will most certainly perish. "For if you believe not that I am he (God) you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

No where in the Bible are we called to have faith in a doctrine or a religion. Over and over Jesus tells us to believe in him, "Whosoever that believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. It is the work of Satan to cause you to believe in Calvinism, Catholicism or any other religion. Christ and Christ alone should be the object of your faith and not a religion.

I said
That is an oxymoron. The new testament is the doctrine of Christ. One cant put their faith in Jesus without putting their faith in the doctrine of Christ.

[2Jo 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
[Jhn 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
That is an oxymoron. The new testament is the doctrine of Christ. One cant put their faith in Jesus without putting their faith in the doctrine of Christ.

[2Jo 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
[Jhn 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Where does the Word say that?