Why Your Faith in a Doctrine or a Religion Will NOT Save You

jsanford108

Peter preached that Christ was raised to sit on David's throne.

Paul preached that Christ was raised for our justification.

Two different reasons as to why Christ was raised.

Peter's message was according to prophecy.

Paul's message was Christ's revelation to him according to mystery.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

You won't find the revelation of the good news of the cross for our justification before Paul.

The "throne" that Peter is speaking of is the Throne of God, not David's. So yes, justification was spoken of before Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The "throne" that Peter is speaking of is the Throne of God, not David's. So yes, justification was spoken of before Paul.

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Peter is quoting King David when he spoke as a prophet regarding the irrevocable promise that GOD made to him[David} concerning his[David's] throne.

So... you think GOD reneged on His promise to David and as well to the Lord's mother, Mary?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

First message in NT writings with justification in relation to Christ's resurrection:

Act 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
Act 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
Act 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Both by the Apostle Paul.

Rom_4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

glorydaz

Yeah I have been in debates about it.

You've been in debates where you claim people say what they haven't.....simply because you have such poor reading comprehension. Or, like a three year old, you only hear what you want to hear. This is no big secret, GT. Everyone knows it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In post 149 PJ settled it. He said Paul was out preaching to the Gentiles at Pentecost in 30 CE.

Actually, I'm skeptical.
PJ settled nothing. Why would you take my word for it? I'm the least knowledgeable MAD on TOL. I just know that Paul received brand new information from the Risen Ascended Christ and he was the first to preach the grace gospel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I never said that, liar. I never said a year. Show me where anybody was preaching DBR before Paul/

My post 142 was about Peter's message on Pentecost.

Peter's message was what you responded to.

We already know Peter's message was in 30 CE.

You said Paul was out preaching to Gentiles.

I said that I'm skeptical.

God's Truth

You've been in debates where you claim people say what they haven't.....simply because you have such poor reading comprehension. Or, like a three year old, you only hear what you want to hear. This is no big secret, GT. Everyone knows it.

Not true.

God's Truth

Jesus preached the one and only gospel, and that is to believe and obey God.

He preached that sins are forgiven through him.

He preached that he would be crucified and then ALL could come to him to be saved.

He preached to those Jews who were already saved, he preached the new law, and he preached that he would then die for all, and that all would have to follow the guidelines and rules for the new law, THE LAW OF CHRIST.
The law Christ preached while he walked the earth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I just know that Paul received brand new information from the Risen Ascended Christ and he was the first to preach the grace gospel.

Paul's understanding of scripture was so skewed he persecuted people for their allegiance to Christ.

Jesus had to correct him with correct understanding before he could use him.

Paul did not preach contrary to scripture.

The revelations Paul received were with regard to him correctly understanding scripture because Paul tried to destroy the church.

"For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it." (Galatians 1:13)

Jesus asked Paul not to persecute his people.

jsanford108

First message in NT writings with justification in relation to Christ's resurrection:

Act 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
Act 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
Act 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Both by the Apostle Paul.

Rom_4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

False.

You would agree that the Gospels, and the content therein, occurred before Paul's conversion, yes? This would lead logically to the events described, such as the Apostles witnessing the Risen Christ, to have occurred before Paul's experience on the road to Damascus. Therefore, to assert that Paul was preaching the Resurrection before the Apostles, is illogical. The Apostles would have known the justification that went with Christ rising. To imply otherwise would go against the teachings and very Words of Christ.

If you wish to argue about "who wrote it first," Matthew and James have the earliest composed writings (being Matthew's Gospel and James). Paul comes next, with his letter to the Thessalonians. But even then, we have Mark, a disciple of Peter, and John, one of the 12 Apostles, also composing accounts of the Gospel. Would it not stand to reason that Peter, John, Mark, Matthew, and James would not have known the justification doctrine that comes as a byproduct of the Resurrection? To answer no would be to give more weight to the writings of Paul. Such ideas are dangerous, as it leads to a devaluing of the Gospels, as well as the other writings, which are divinely inspired. How would the Holy Spirit, being eternally fair and good, give partial truths to the Apostles, but the full truth to Paul? To say that Paul taught it first is to imply that this is the case.

Thus, logically, in accordance to the attributes of Christ, and the evidence put forth in the Gospels and subsequent Scriptures, we can conclude that the Resurrection was declared, as well as, justification, by the Apostles, before Paul.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thus, logically, in accordance to the attributes of Christ, and the evidence put forth in the Gospels and subsequent Scriptures, we can conclude that the Resurrection was declared, as well as, justification, by the Apostles, before Paul.

Plus the Twelve did not persecute people for believing Jesus was the Christ, the anointed of God.

The majority of Paul's writings were to Gentile congregations, but the Twelve were sent to the lost sheep.

Peter opened the door to Gentile conversion, but Gentiles were not his focus.

Paul was sent to Gentiles, kings, and Israel.

Paul had to explain things to Gentiles that Israel already knew.