Why Your Faith in a Doctrine or a Religion Will NOT Save You

God's Truth

You don't believe the Gospel, nor do you believe that you have been justified by faith. Peter did not understand what it meant to be justified by faith, Galatians 2:11-21. He had to learn it from Paul.

The Apostle to the Lamb did not have to learn from another man, just as Paul didn't.
Go study what an Apostle means.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Translation: I am my final authority.
... which is blasphemey/slander, since the greek was the final authority, and always is...

Pfft.

Romans 6:23 means what it says, as it says it and to whom.
It gives a falsehood where God cannot correct what he makes. Boloney.

Romans 6:23 τὰ γὰρ ὀψώνια τῆς ἁμαρτίας θάνατος or the wages of sin is death; τὸ δὲ χάρισμα τοῦ θεοῦ ζωὴ αἰώνιος ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ τῷ κυρίῳ ἡμῶν [thus/thence] the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
If we understand the greek article is not definitive, and the word sin is not plural here. The meaning changes dramatically. "Some wages of a sin is the deprivement of life, thus a gift of a god, and everlasting life our master the messiah Jesus." Very different and much more accurate.

As in:

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Still, this has nothing to do with Mark 10:27 KJV.
In other words, you suffer the same fate condemnation as Adam. You will not disappear like Enoch, Paul, John, and others like him.

Thus thou are not redeemed like Israel while salvation only prevents death. It doesn't grant afterlife.

Last edited:

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
There is no need to correct that which is pure and preserved (Psalms 12:6-7 KJV). I'm not interested in your bible correcting unbelief.
Nor am I interested in your mistranstranlated falsehoods. You only believe yourself to be special because of your beliefs.

DavidK

Not to derail the current discussion, but hearkening back to the start of this thread, I find this current fad of setting "faith in Jesus" against "doctrine" as if they were competing things to be very disturbing.

Doctrine is just a set of correct ideas. And we're to come to Jesus in Truth.

Faith in Jesus only saves if it is faith in the true Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified for us, died, rose again on the third day, ascended to the Father and is returning soon.

All of these: son of God, born of a virgin, sinless life, crucifixion, death, resurrection, ascension and expected return are points of doctrine. They describe who this Jesus is who we are entrusting for our salvation.

Cosmic Jesus Principle does not save. Jesus the enlightened mortal teacher does not save.

I see this "I have faith in Jesus, not doctrine" thing all over the place right now, and it seems to be a setup for some kind of squishy, unitarian-leaning, ecumenical route to heresy.

I get the intent behind the OP. Following the Pope isn't going to save anyone. Attesting to predestination does not save people from destruction. But the OP itself goes on to clarify that "faith in Jesus" does require some doctrinal points such as Jesus' kingship and divinity.

I just think it would be more helpful to point out a specific doctrine as a doctrine of man than to set up a false dichotomy between doctrine and faith in Jesus.