Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple7

I do my best to understand the terms I use , but I can learn when I misuse terms; then I learn how to correctly use them. That said, here is my list of what humanity is being saved from;

Sin
Evil
False religion
Confusion
The flesh
satan and his demons
lack of knowledge
weakness
sickness
pain
death
crying
sorrow
pride
lust
deception

And I can give more if you need more.

No, brother.

To be 'saved' means to be spared God's wrath of judgment.

The Righteous are not judged.

Jesus is our Savior.

Apple7

Why would God need a hell when Jesus has died for every human? Heb.10:10, "By which we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ " Once for ALL!" Again and again the scriptures magnify the inclusion of every human, using that wonderful term, " All!" We all benefit from Jesus sacrifice and his life! All includes unbelievers, they cannot be excluded from any benefit.

Not everyone follows The Biblical God.

Narrow is the path.

Most follow the path of evil, and have as their father, Satan.

Apple7

Did you ever find me that one expert in the world who agrees with your translations? Just one? And when you can't, why don't you explain to the class why it is that nobody who studies religion and Arabic languages agrees with your translation?

Why yes indeed.

You magically disappeared when I provided you a reference.

Now, a month later, you are pretending nothing was ever said.

Not impressed with this ignorant tactic...

Mickiel

No, brother.

To be 'saved' means to be spared God's wrath of judgment.

The Righteous are not judged.

Jesus is our Savior.

I disagree brother, we don't need to be saved from the Savior. That is oxymoronic, in my view. Christians are too caught up in this wrath of God kick; the wrath of God is his reaction to sin, not how he judges. God is not against the sinner, he takes issue with sin. In fact, God is not even going to judge a single human, John 5:22.

Mickiel

Not everyone follows The Biblical God.

Narrow is the path.

Most follow the path of evil, and have as their father, Satan.

The reason why most follow the path of evil, is because they don't know what they are doing. And that needs to be understood by people who think themselves spiritual. In Jer. 10:23, " O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man that walks to direct his steps." This is why that path is wide. When they were killing Jesus, his prayer was " Father forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."

Men did not know what they were doing then, and they still don't know now. The people of God need to be more aware of that and more forgiving.

Greg Jennings

Why yes indeed.

You magically disappeared when I provided you a reference.

Now, a month later, you are pretending nothing was ever said.

Not impressed with this ignorant tactic...

Strange....just like in the other thread you seem to have not seen my question I asked you. I'll post it here for you again so that you can answer it for me:

I'll ask you the same question I asked you on a similar thread today, that you've yet to answer: Can you find me one - just one - professor, theologian, religious scholar, or expert in Arabic languages that agrees with your translations about Allah being "king of the Jinn" and so on?

If you cannot, I want you to explain to me why that is, and how it is that you have figured out some secret translation of one of the most popular texts in the world and yet nobody else of consequence has?

Apple7, you've stated your disgust with me for "running" from you a month or two ago. Because of that, I know you're a man who'd never run from a challenge himself, would you? Of course not, which is why I'm sure you'll answer my questions above, and not run away from them

Apple7

I disagree brother, we don't need to be saved from the Savior. That is oxymoronic, in my view. Christians are too caught up in this wrath of God kick; the wrath of God is his reaction to sin, not how he judges. God is not against the sinner, he takes issue with sin. In fact, God is not even going to judge a single human, John 5:22.

The Son is God, to begin with.

As far as your knowledge of scripture....well, it simply is non-existent...

John 3.18

The one believing into Him is not Judged; but the one not believing has already been judged, for he has not believed into the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Apple7

The reason why most follow the path of evil, is because they don't know what they are doing. And that needs to be understood by people who think themselves spiritual. In Jer. 10:23, " O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man that walks to direct his steps." This is why that path is wide. When they were killing Jesus, his prayer was " Father forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."

Men did not know what they were doing then, and they still don't know now. The people of God need to be more aware of that and more forgiving.

Man is inherently evil, however, those that worship God as Triune can be saved.

Apple7

Strange....just like in the other thread you seem to have not seen my question I asked you. I'll post it here for you again so that you can answer it for me:

I'll ask you the same question I asked you on a similar thread today, that you've yet to answer: Can you find me one - just one - professor, theologian, religious scholar, or expert in Arabic languages that agrees with your translations about Allah being "king of the Jinn" and so on?

If you cannot, I want you to explain to me why that is, and how it is that you have figured out some secret translation of one of the most popular texts in the world and yet nobody else of consequence has?

Apple7, you've stated your disgust with me for "running" from you a month or two ago. Because of that, I know you're a man who'd never run from a challenge himself, would you? Of course not, which is why I'm sure you'll answer my questions above, and not run away from them

Clinic time, again....

الحمد لله رب العلمين

Alhamdu lillahi rabbi alAAalameena

1.2 The praise (be) to “allah”, the lord of the jinn, and of mankind.

Here we have not only the term “rabb” applying to “allah”, but we are also told of the qualifier “alAAalameena” – which, whenever combined with “rabb”, means… “the lord of the jinn, and of mankind”

This statement clears the air that the god “allah” is no ordinary “Lord”. He is lord of the Demons (jinn).

رب العلمين = “rabbi alAAalameena”

“rabbi alAAalameena” definition:

The Lord of the jinn, or genii, and of mankind: the Lord of all created beings.

It comes from the root “alama”, which means to mark, sign, and distinguish. He knew it; or he was, or became, acquainted with it; or he knew it truly, or certainly. He knew a thing intuitively and inferentially. He marked it. He, a man, had a fissure in his upper lip; or in one of its two sides. Knowledge.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume five, pp. 2138 - 2142
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar pp. 383 - 385

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Clinic time, again....

الحمد لله رب العلمين

Here we have not only the term “rabb” applying to “allah”, but we are also told of the qualifier “alAAalameena” – which, whenever combined with “rabb”, means… “the lord of the jinn, and of mankind”

This statement clears the air that the god “allah” is no ordinary “Lord”. He is lord of the Demons (jinn).

It comes from the root “alama”, which means to mark, sign, and distinguish. He knew it; or he was, or became, acquainted with it; or he knew it truly, or certainly. He knew a thing intuitively and inferentially. He marked it. He, a man, had a fissure in his upper lip; or in one of its two sides. Knowledge.

References:

You've been contested on this and other koranic verses before. The above does not prove or indicate that 'Allah' is only 'lord of the jinn', but all living beings, all creation. Any true Creator-God including your conception of 'God' (YHWH-elohim) would be that as well, since the Most High God is the creator of all other gods, fallen angels, jinn, devas, mankind, etc. Therefore what you're trying to claim is unclear, and not proven exclusively by your example.

Greg Jennings

Clinic time, again....

الحمد لله رب العلمين

References:

Hmm....that seems to be your translation, yes. But that's not what I asked for, is it? Anybody can make up their own translation of something, but only accurate translations can be corroborated by experts.

I'll ask you for a third time on this thread, and the sixth time overall: Can you find me one - just one - professor, theologian, religious scholar, or expert in Arabic languages that agrees with your translations about Allah being "lord of the Jinn" and so on?

I'm trusting that you'll correctly read my post this time, and provide what is being requested

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Why would God need a place like this traditional eternal hell? Why would he co-exist with such a place in eternity? Does God need a garbage dump for humans? How and when did the grave become the traditional explination of hell?
God doesn't need hell when Arminians tells God all men must be saved.

Reactions: Lon

bsmitts

You make excuses for your sin. That's dangerous! Read Romans 1:18-32 as a last ditch effort to snatch you out of the fire.

Mickiel

You make excuses for your sin. That's dangerous! Read Romans 1:18-32 as a last ditch effort to snatch you out of the fire.

If I may use this Christian as an example, because I don't think all Christians are like this, but enough of them are. I don't accept their hell, but here I am being put in it because of my sin. Put in it before I die, prejudged to burn because this Christian has given me a last chance, as if it is he who holds the power over my destiny. Interesting pathology, yet he calls me dangerous, as if his behavior is not. I once posted that this is a " Quick Draw mentality", quick to pass judgment and condemn people, because they simply disagree with you. I am pre placed in his hell for believing the salvation of God covers all people. And this is the leading religion on earth. And its pumping out this crippling mentality.

In Dan. 9:24, "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and make an end to sins, and to make reconciliation for those sins and bring in everlasting righteousness." God's mentality is to bring an end to sin and to reconcile all sinners , or reform them. This idea of threatening sinners, giving them a last chance, then herding them off into a hell, is the most ungodly thing I have ever encountered in my life. Its ripping the biblical message apart, and raping humanity in unfounded fear.

The Christian message is not an ingredient of salvation.

Apple7

You've been contested on this and other koranic verses before.

Nope.

The above does not prove or indicate that 'Allah' is only 'lord of the jinn', but all living beings, all creation.

The classic definition proves that he is lord of the demons, and, as well know, this is the same title as Satan.

Deal with it.

Any true Creator-God including your conception of 'God' (YHWH-elohim) would be that as well, since the Most High God is the creator of all other gods, fallen angels, jinn, devas, mankind, etc. Therefore what you're trying to claim is unclear, and not proven exclusively by your example.

Then show us with scripture in lieu of lip-sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.