Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

An interesting thing to note about Isaiah 45:21, when God said there is no other God beside him, Jesus was sitting right beside him when he spoke this, because Jesus sits at the right hand of God.

Apple7

Dweeb...

Dweeb...

Hmm....that seems to be your translation, yes. But that's not what I asked for, is it? Anybody can make up their own translation of something, but only accurate translations can be corroborated by experts.

You got what you asked for.

You should be more careful what you ask for in the future - especially since you are too lazy to verify it for yourself.

I'll ask you for a third time on this thread, and the sixth time overall: Can you find me one - just one - professor, theologian, religious scholar, or expert in Arabic languages that agrees with your translations about Allah being "lord of the Jinn" and so on?

Your ignorance sounds impressive to other ignorants, apparently.....yes?

You wouldn't know an Arabic word if it was staring you in the face.

If you cannot, I want you to explain to me why that is, and how it is that you have figured out some secret translation of one of the most popular texts in the world and yet nobody else of consequence has?

I'm trusting that you'll correctly read my post this time, and provide what is being requested

Now...

Run away for another month......and then come back where you left off.....rotflol...

Mickiel

Why would God need a hell, when he is a reconciliation master? In Matt. 12:20, " A bruised reed shall he not break, and a smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory." This again is good news for unbelievers, God will NOT condemn a bruised human, or a human who is confused and lost. He will judge them unto victory.

Apple7

Why would God need a hell, when he is a reconciliation master? In Matt. 12:20, " A bruised reed shall he not break, and a smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory." This again is good news for unbelievers, God will NOT condemn a bruised human, or a human who is confused and lost. He will judge them unto victory.

If God forced everyone to repent, then of what value would that repentance be to Him?

God gives us over to reprobation , so that He may have mercy upon us.

If we were not reprobate, then there would be NO need for mercy.

As such, not all people want His mercy.....so those are the ones that need to be eternally separated from Him.

Mickiel

If God forced everyone to repent, then of what value would that repentance be to Him?

God gives us over to reprobation , so that He may have mercy upon us.

If we were not reprobate, then there would be NO need for mercy.

As such, not all people want His mercy.....so those are the ones that need to be eternally separated from Him.

God forcing humans to repent is of the greatest value to him , Christians just cannot get to this understanding. Christianity, for some weird reason, is totally blind to all the force God will use that is plainly covered in the entire book of Revelations. Stunning incredible force will be used to subdue humanity, the seals and trumps are awesome force , and they will be unleashed on humanity in a stunning display of force.

And no one NEEDS to be separated from God, that is an awful cold callus thought. But its the Christian way. I am glad Christianity will have nothing to do with what God plans on doing with unbelievers , and I praise God for not putting sinners into the hands of Christianity.

Apple7

God forcing humans to repent is of the greatest value to him , Christians just cannot get to this understanding. Christianity, for some weird reason, is totally blind to all the force God will use that is plainly covered in the entire book of Revelations. Stunning incredible force will be used to subdue humanity, the seals and trumps are awesome force , and they will be unleashed on humanity in a stunning display of force.

The Book of Revelations is all about The Triune God and His dealings with Satan and Satan's demons.

Two forces at work. Good vs. evil.

And no one NEEDS to be separated from God, that is an awful cold callus thought. But its the Christian way. I am glad Christianity will have nothing to do with what God plans on doing with unbelievers , and I praise God for not putting sinners into the hands of Christianity.

If you were at all familiar with scripture, then you would already know that our battle is NOT with flesh and blood - but with demons.

As such, evil needs to be contained, and separated from good.

What is the name of your demon...?

Mickiel

What is the name of your demon...?

I see no reason to be insulting, but obviously you see a reason to be degrading to others. I have seen this before in Christians , they slice at people and cut at them , even condemn others, all the while thinking that is Godly behavior. Why would a God enlist such behavior to help others?

It is very insulting to imply that a person has a demon in them. Very harsh and cruel.

And yet, very Christian.

Mickiel

Why would God need a hell for souls, when his hand is a better place. In Job 12:10, " In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind." We ALL are in God's loving hands , both believers and unbelievers are IN this position; there is no separation in salvation, God is not partial.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why would God need a hell, when he is a reconciliation master?

You are not forgiven prior to repentance (Lk 17:3). His greatest foe is the human heart (Jer 17:9, Matt. 15:19, 20).

"The greatest sin is sinning against love." ~ J. Vernon McGee

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

Mickiel

Claiming promises that aren't yours? :juggle: Ps 103:12, Is 59:2, Jn 3:36

Well I understand that the Christian way is to hoard those promises to only themselves , but they don't have the power to make salvation an exclusive club. Christians are motivated to reduce salvation and " Shut up the Kingdom of God against men", Matt. 23:13, this is why you are saying that this biblical promise is not for me. You desire to exclude me and others from salvation, and you have been trained to think as such.

This is why I distance myself from Christianity, I don't want to be infused with this horrible way of excluding others from the promises of God.

Lon

I disagree brother, we don't need to be saved from [by] the Savior.

At Christmas yesterday, I was celebrating my need for a Savior and thanking God, Mickie and the other Universalists weren't. I was thinking today to come back and explain that Universalism is a blatant attack on not only Christianity, but the wondrous Christ of Christmas.

You just said it ▲ I don't even have to prove the point. Universalism, for the rest of that crowd in this thread, is an attack and rejection of the rest of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mickie understands that. The rest of you need to pay attention. If you are a universalist, Mickie says it right: "you are NOT a Christian and reject the Lord Jesus Christ.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why would God need a hell, a place worse than death? To keep humans alive and in misery just for 9 million years would be insane...

You go to hell because you deserve to go to hell. Did you think you were more just than God? :Shimei: Deut. 32:4 Every wrong will be made right--by Jesus' work on the cross :straight: or by you, yourself (Rom. 3:25, 26). :popcorn:

Mickiel

At Christmas yesterday, I was celebrating my need for a Savior and thanking God, Mickie and the other Universalists weren't. I was thinking today to come back and explain that Universalism is a blatant attack on not only Christianity, but the wondrous Christ of Christmas.

You just said it ▲ I don't even have to prove the point. Universalism, for the rest of that crowd in this thread, is an attack and rejection of the rest of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mickie understands that. The rest of you need to pay attention. If you are a universalist, Mickie says it right: "you are NOT a Christian and reject the Lord Jesus Christ.

I hold no interest in negative Christian views about my personage and I hold no interest in pagan holidays, I am free from both forms of bondage. In John 1:29 Jesus has taken away my sin, and no Christian cynicism can bring it back. I reject Christianity because they are a stumbling block to unbelievers; Christianity is a very strong bondage, well set up and I think planned by the powers that be.

What better way to deceive a world, than to use a religion that leads them.

Lon

Who cares what you think in turn? You don't have a monopoly on what "truth" is Lon, but boy you can be incredibly arrogant and dismissive towards anyone who doesn't 'interpret' theological matters the same as you do. Take a look in the mirror dude, there's a big irony sticker peeling off the thing...
You are being weird. I literally asked "Am I?" It 'looks' like I'm not the one to tell you these things. Look at another, in thread, not this Calvinist, saying the exact same things. I understand prejudism and bias, try to get beyond that or blot 'Calvinism' from my name at the moment or simply move on. Like I said, you pretty much cut off the conversation but I found this rather a moment of unfounded "youthful" angst.

Mickiel

You go to hell because you deserve to go to hell. Did you think you were more just than God? :Shimei: Deut. 32:4 Every wrong will be made right--by Jesus' work on the cross :straight: or by you, yourself (Rom. 3:25, 26). :popcorn:

You may think I deserve your hell, but my salvation is not based on how you think and believe. I can see why David said, when given a choice of who's hands he was to be placed in, God or man's; David said put his destiny in God's hands, because men would doom him.

I know Christianity has doomed me to their hell, as they have millions of humans; I thank God through Jesus Christ, that salvation is not in your hands.

Lon

I hold no interest in negative Christian views about my personage and I hold no interest in pagan holidays, I am free from both forms of bondage. In John 1:29 Jesus has taken away my sin, and no Christian cynicism can bring it back. I reject Christianity because they are a stumbling block to unbelievers; Christianity is a very strong bondage, well set up and I think planned by the powers that be.

What better way to deceive a world, than to use a religion that leads them.
:doh: You reject Christ and the need for Him, yet 'try' to use His words to reject hell as well :dizzy: You are a mess

Mickiel

:doh: You reject Christ and the need for Him, yet 'try' to use His words to reject hell as well :dizzy: You are a mess

Why should I concern myself with the cynical views of a Christian? You have mastered the art of condemning others and insulting them , what is that doing for the world?

Nothing.

In John 3:17 God sent his Son not to condemn the world, but to save it, and much of it from the condemning Christian mindset.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Well I understand that the Christian way is to hoard those promises to only themselves…”
:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14). :peach:

Those promises are for anyone who would believe.
“…but they don't have the power to make salvation an exclusive club.”
You come to God his way or you do not come at all (Ex 20:3, Mt 22:37).
“…Christians are motivated to reduce salvation and "shut up the Kingdom of God against men…"
:yawn: You’ve probably never met a Christian (Jn 14:6).
“…[T]his is why you are saying that this biblical promise is not for me.”

It’s Saturday. You still haven’t repented? :freak:

wecker-smilies-0010.gif

"Light refused increases darkness." ~ Adrian Rogers 2 Thess 2:9-12, Jn 3:19-21

“You desire to exclude me and others from salvation…”
“This is why I distance myself from Christianity…”
:yawn: 2 Pe 2:1, Jn 8:44, Jn 3:19, 1 Jn 3:14
happyviolin.gif

“…I don't want to be infused with this horrible way of excluding others from the promises of God.”
Try that argument at the Great White Throne (Ro 5:8). :popcorn:

Last edited:

Lon

Why should I concern myself with the cynical views of a Christian? You have mastered the art of condemning others and insulting them , what is that doing for the world?

Nothing.

In John 3:17 God sent his Son not to condemn the world, but to save it, and much of it from the condemning Christian mindset.

You've repeatedly attacked Christ and Christians in thread.

Don't try to play the "holier-than-thou" card, because it isn't you.
what is that doing for the world?

Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.