Why No One Has Been Predestinated

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

Because you refuse to listen to the clear teaching of scripture, I release you to your ignorance.

I would rather die ignorant than to die believing that God is unjust.

You think that you have the truth, but what you have is the doctrine of a heretic.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
If we reject the all-encompassing, complete and final sacrifice of Jesus, no sacrifice for sin remains that is acceptable to God. If we willfully reject the means by which God extends grace and mercy to us, and depend instead on our pitiful sacrifices of bulls and goats, then there is no chance of forgiveness, but instead a “certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation” Heb 10:26-27KJV

Thank God for Jesus, and thank God for His amazing grace!

Robert Pate

Banned
If we reject the all-encompassing, complete and final sacrifice of Jesus, no sacrifice for sin remains that is acceptable to God. If we willfully reject the means by which God extends grace and mercy to us, and depend instead on our pitiful sacrifices of bulls and goats, then there is no chance of forgiveness, but instead a “certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation” Heb 10:26-27KJV

Thank God for Jesus, and thank God for His amazing grace!

I agree with what you have said.

BoyStan

Those who deny Gods predestinating persons unto salvation through faith in Christ choose to ignore or change the plain meaning of God's word to mean something else. It is a case of'I have made up my mind, don't confuse me with the truth'. God's predestinating persons unto salvation is a grand display of his glory, the praise due to his grace.

Robert Pate

Banned
Those who deny Gods predestinating persons unto salvation through faith in Christ choose to ignore or change the plain meaning of God's word to mean something else. It is a case of'I have made up my mind, don't confuse me with the truth'. God's predestinating persons unto salvation is a grand display of his glory, the praise due to his grace.

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell. The reason for this is because salvation as been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pateism denies the Gospel Truth of Predestination to Salvation Eph 1:5!

There is no scripture that says God has predestinated anyone to salvation.

Ephesians 1:5 says that God has predestinated us into the adoption of children by Jesus Christ.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no scripture that says God has predestinated anyone to salvation.

Ephesians 1:5 says that God has predestinated us into the adoption of children by Jesus Christ.

According to your own personal definition of predestination, of course:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...redestinated&p=4851757&viewfull=1#post4851757

One wonders what Robert thinks was going on in God's mind when the inspired writer of Acts penned:

Acts 4:27-28
27 For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together
28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before {predestinated} to be done.

AMR

theophilus

What does the scripture say? Does it say that anyone has been predestinated to salvation?

2 Thessalonians 2:13-15:

"But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. And it was for this that He called you through our gospel that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brethren, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us."

Just saying.

Hawkins

2 Thessalonians 2:13-15:

"But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. And it was for this that He called you through our gospel that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brethren, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us."

Just saying.

The question is how. Randomly?

The 'how' is not what Calvinists tried to put it. Our freewill still has certain controls on how our faith goes.

theophilus

The question is how. Randomly?

The 'how' is not what Calvinists tried to put it. Our freewill still has certain controls on how our faith goes.

There is a "tension" between God's sovereignty and man's responsibility.

That God predestines, and that man is responsible, are two things that few can see. They are believed to be inconsistent and contradictory; but they are not. It is just the fault of our weak judgment. Two truths cannot be contradictory to each other. If, then, I find taught in one place that everything is fore-ordained, that is true; and if I find in another place that man is responsible for all his actions, that is true; and it is my folly that leads me to imagine that two truths can ever contradict each other. These two truths, I do not believe, can ever be welded into one upon any human anvil, but one they shall be in eternity: they are two lines that are so nearly parallel, that the mind that shall pursue them farthest, will never discover that they converge; but they do converge, and they will meet somewhere in eternity, close to the throne of God, whence all truth doth spring.

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0207.php

Worth the read.

:)

Hawkins

There is a "tension" between God's sovereignty and man's responsibility.

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0207.php

Worth the read.

:)

You'd rather miss the point.

The point is,

God knows who is who even before the creation. However, it's meaningless for God alone to know who is who then brings them to Heaven directly. Earth in a sense is for God to demonstrate openly (to the angels and chosen saints as our witnesses) that those He foreknew are actually the righteous by the open standard specified in a covenant. For this demonstration to occur in our short life time, predestination is thus needed to destine us to a path for us to make our choices correctly.

Thus predestination by no means says that God dictates our choices to force us into our salvation as Calvinists tried to put it.