Why No One Has Been Predestinated

Robert Pate

Banned
2 Thessalonians 2:13-15:

"But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. And it was for this that He called you through our gospel that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brethren, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us."

Just saying.

God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

But nothing is yours until it is received by faith, John 1:12.

Jerry Shugart

Nobody but YOU is saying that! It DOES say that those He predestines, he glorifies. Do you not know what it means to be glorified?

Let us look at the verses which precede what you quoted:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Ro.8:28-29).

The key to the teaching of this passage depends on an understanding of the meaning of the Greek word translated "for" found at the beginning of verse twenty-nine. The word is a conjuction which ties the two verses together, and the word means "the reason why anything is said to be or be done..it is added to a speaker's words to show what ground he gives for his opinion" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Here is another translation which makes the meaning even more clear:

"And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose, because those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters" (Ro.8:28-29; NET).

At Romans 8:29 Paul tells us why he says that "all things work together for good" for the saved, those he describes as the called: "because those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son."

The reason why "all things work together for good" in regard to the saved is because the saved are predestined to be conformed to the image of the Son. That will happen when the Lord descends from heaven and the saved will put on bodies just like his glorious body:

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Phil.3:20-21; NIV).

Robert Pate

Banned
Let us look at the verses which precede what you quoted:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Ro.8:28-29).

The key to the teaching of this passage depends on an understanding of the meaning of the Greek word translated "for" found at the beginning of verse twenty-nine. The word is a conjuction which ties the two verses together, and the word means "the reason why anything is said to be or be done..it is added to a speaker's words to show what ground he gives for his opinion" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Here is another translation which makes the meaning even more clear:

"And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose, because those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters" (Ro.8:28-29; NET).

At Romans 8:29 Paul tells us why he says that "all things work together for good" for the saved, those he describes as the called: "because those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son."

The reason why "all things work together for good" in regard to the saved is because the saved are predestined to be conformed to the image of the Son. That will happen when the Lord descends from heaven and the saved will put on bodies just like his glorious body:

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Phil.3:20-21; NIV).

There are no scriptures that say God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell. Those that love God and believe on his Son Jesus Christ are God's elect people.

Nanja

Right, If God predestinated people to heaven or to hell he would be unjust. To be saved you must believe and receive what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.

You persistently preach a false gospel of works a person does to get himself saved.

The Truth is not in you John 8:44!

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

~~~

beloved57

You persistently preach a false gospel of works a person does to get himself saved.

The Truth is not in you John 8:44!

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

~~~

He denies Predestination, an Gospel Truth Eph 1:5 !

Robert Pate

Banned
He denies Predestination, an Gospel Truth Eph 1:5 !

Where does it say that predestination is the Gospel?

There is no scripture that says that. It is another one of your Calvinist fairy tales.

If predestination was the Gospel the Bible would be full of it. THERE IS NOTHING.

The word "predestination" only appears in the New Testament 4 times, none of it is related to any ones salvation.

You have chosen to believe lies and false doctrines and have rejected Christ and his Gospel.

beloved57

Where does it say that predestination is the Gospel?

There is no scripture that says that. It is another one of your Calvinist fairy tales.

If predestination was the Gospel the Bible would be full of it. THERE IS NOTHING.

The word "predestination" only appears in the New Testament 4 times, none of it is related to any ones salvation.

You have chosen to believe lies and false doctrines and have rejected Christ and his Gospel.

Answer this, how you going to believe and preach the Gospel and deny it at the same time ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Answer this, how you going to believe and preach the Gospel and deny it at the same time ?

I don't deny the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I embrace it as my only means of salvation.

Calvinism is not the Gospel. You are a fool to believe that.

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that reconciles us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

beloved57

I don't deny the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I embrace it as my only means of salvation.

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that reconciles us and the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

You deny the Gospel every day. You deny predestination, you deny Christ death saved them He died for. You may as well be an atheist!

beloved57

You deny the Gospel every day. You deny predestination, you deny Christ death saved them He died for. You may as well be an atheist!

Robert Pate

Banned

You are not able to refute what I say. All that you are doing is making a fool out of yourself with your false accusations.

beloved57

You are not able to refute what I say. All that you are doing is making a fool out of yourself with your false accusations.

You deny all the tenants of the Gospel of God's Grace. Unconditional Election of Grace, Predestination. You deny Justification by Grace.

Was revisiting these verses from Timothy last night, Robert, and anybody else that may be interested, the statements striking, to the point:

1 Timothy 2

1 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men,
2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,
7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle --- I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying --- a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

And would it not be foolish, for the Lord to command we pray for all men, if this was, actually, futile, just theater? What part of all do people find confusing, anyway?

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.